Miami In Position To Win Division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Miami In Position To Win Division?

Although Miami has 2 more losses than the Patriots....they are 3-0 in the division (vs. 1-1 for Patriots) and tied w/ Patriots at 3-2 for Conference play.

If Miami can split games with the Patriots, and beat Houston and the Steelers....they could very well win the division. They appear to have a slightly weaker schedule the rest of the season vs. Pats. 2 Games vs. Fins, 1 against Jets, Saints, Colts.

Next 5 weeks will make or break season for Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?

I highly doubt it. They needed some big breaks to pull off that win today (2 kickoff returns and 1 fumble return for a TD). Pats are one of the toughest teams to face when they are coming off a bye week. I fully expect to see us at 6-2 and the Fish at 3-5 at next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

It all starts with next week and seeing how the Pats respond to coming back from Wembley (I go into detail on this topic here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a9d2ef7a2-a3fc-466a-9329-a32a48779099 )

If the Pats can beat the fins next week, I don't see Miami having any shot at the division. 3 games back with 8 to go is just too much to overcome.

That being said, if you were asking if Miami is poised to make a run at the division that would be a different story.  If they can beat the Pats they have an outside shot at the division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

The Dolphins only hope of winning the division is an injury.

Kudo's for winning the division last year, but they embarassed the afc east with that performance in the playoffs against the Ravens. Barring an injury there is no way a healthy Patriots team loses the division to the Dolphins. They are far from ready to do any damage in the playoffs anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?:
    The Dolphins only hope of winning the division is an injury. Kudo's for winning the division last year, but they embarassed the afc east with that performance in the playoffs against the Ravens. Barring an injury there is no way a healthy Patriots team loses the division to the Dolphins. They are far from ready to do any damage in the playoffs anyway.
    Posted by kman2004

Well, it would be unfortunate if we end up tied w/ the Fins again, only to be booted from the playoffs because they ended up w/ a better division record. Miami has taken 2 from the jets...if they take two from the Bills and one from the Patriots....we may end up out of the playoffs again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

A Pat win next week will discourage Miami.  And if they somehow still come back, it may be up to us to win again down in Miami. Of course, we gotta take the Jets here too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

A Pat win next week will discourage Miami.  And if they somehow still come back, it may be up to us to win again down in Miami. Of course, we gotta take the Jets here too.
    Posted by jcappy

More importantly, it's important for Patriots to take two away from Fins; if possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Well, it would be unfortunate if we end up tied w/ the Fins again, only to be booted from the playoffs because they ended up w/ a better division record. Miami has taken 2 from the jets...if they take two from the Bills and one from the Patriots....we may end up out of the playoffs again.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

I would say it's pretty safe to say that Belicheck has stressed to the team that Dolphins AFC east record is better than theirs. Belicheck also had two weeks to prepare for the Dolphins. We all know how good his record is with an extra week to prepare for an opponent.

My bigger fear would be the game later in the year in Miami. That game comes after the New Orleans game. However, if the Pats beat them on Sunday they would have 5 losses. I think they would lose two more games at least and we would have no worries about a tie breaker in that scenario. If they lose to Pats next Sunday they need to run the table, if they win they win they are a factor for sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if the pats can stop the two headed rushing attack by miami,they will win the game easily.but its been the run that the pats have yet to stop.but the last two games the pats have played were well tune-up games for a great 2nd half of the season.an extra week of fine tuneing with moss,and welker.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Miami's biggest weakness is what the Patriots are best at. 

Miami is very susceptible to the deep ball. I won't be surprised if Brady spent alot of time with Brandon Tate working on their chemistry. In Wembley, they had a chance to connect on a deep pass, but a lack of chemistry turned the pass into an INT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

The Dolphins and the Jets are what they are.  They're tough opponents but not really good enough to consider them contenders realistically.  They play us and other good teams well whether or not their records look good, but they look like bums when they play weaker competition.  That's not going to get the job done.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Miami has one really good break. One of their tough games, against Pittsburgh, is the last game of the season.

If they need it, and Pitt does not, then we know who comes out with it.

NE just needs to take care of business in the division, and they win it. Beat Miami twice, and get the Jets once, and it is essentially O-V-A.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Bubba, there is still a half season + to go and any team is still in it!  If we see the Pats continue to win, it won't matter what the Phins do.  We definitely don't want to count on other teams to help the Pats because from here on out, the Pats are in the driver's seat.  I prefer that outlook than worrying if Miami is "in position" to win the division.  Right now, they aren't!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

the only "position" Miami will end up in is BENT OVER.  That thing they put out there on the field was an uninspired game plan and they should have lost to even the Jets.  2 special teams TD and a defensive TD cant be counted on every week.  They are going to get creamed next week.  And we have lots of tape on them vs the Saints, good info for dealing with both of them.  Not sure the Saints are that great after all, good, but maybe not great.  I think we can get after them and the Colts and at least pull a win out of one of those, I see maybe only 1 more loss this season.  Two in a pinch. We take the division easily, and maybe the 2 seed.  I already said I thought the Broncos will crash, looks like at least a hard stumble today.  I'm definetly thinking 2 seed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

It all starts with next week and seeing how the Pats respond to coming back from Wembley (I go into detail on this topic here: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a9d2ef7a2-a3fc-466a-9329-a32a48779099 ) If the Pats can beat the fins next week, I don't see Miami having any shot at the division. 3 games back with 8 to go is just too much to overcome. That being said, if you were asking if Miami is poised to make a run at the division that would be a different story.  If they can beat the Pats they have an outside shot at the division.
    Posted by RahZid

As a fins fan, I agree...fins have to beat the pats to have any chance.  Not too optimisitc on the Fins after today's game against the Jets. No offense at all; and our  defensive coordinator didn't call any blitzes in the second half and allowed Sanchez to get comfortable back there, after a first half in which the fins blitzed and constantly hit sanchez and shut him down.  Never understood the prevent defense.  Got to give credit to the Jets D for shutting down Miami's running game.  This is not a great win as far as creating hope for a stretch run like we had last year; and we know your evil genius coach will learn from what the Jets did to Miami's running game. 

But today was a great win over the Fat Pig Jets Coach.  What a punk that guy is.  Belicheck is lucky he didn't go to New york to "kiss" belicheck's rings because Porky would have probably tried to eat the rings. 

Looking forward to playing the Pats and seeing where the fins really stand.  Talk to you later in the week

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

all bias aside i expect NE to dominate Miami next week. Miami is an overachieving team with little talent and very good coaching. NE is a top tier team getting better every game coming off a bye week, with far superior talent, and the best coach in the game.
    Posted by ricky12684

Yeah, you easily do have the best coach in the game.  But Sparano is a very good young (new) coach.  You'll be impressed by him.  That was a great accomplishment winning the division last year with that team.  And he has this team headed in the right direction, although I was disappointed in today's win.  Not saying Fins will win next week or Sparano is better than your evil genius coach.  But I really believe that in time Sparano will become one of the better coaches in the NFL. And with all due respect to your fine team, the Fins will be in the game next week.  They might not win it; but they will be in it and you will know that you played a well coached team.  Good luck.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Child Please!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Yeah, you easily do have the best coach in the game.  But Sparano is a very good young (new) coach.  You'll be impressed by him.  That was a great accomplishment winning the division last year with that team.  And he has this team headed in the right direction, although I was disappointed in today's win.  Not saying Fins will win next week or Sparano is better than your evil genius coach.  But I really believe that in time Sparano will become one of the better coaches in the NFL. And with all due respect to your fine team, the Fins will be in the game next week.  They might not win it ; but they will be in it and you will know that you played a well coached team.  Good luck.
    Posted by oggieman

Please, you almost gave it away like last week. We liked you for beating the Jets. That is done now go away

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

No question that Miami is still in good position to win the division.  They are 3-0 againsts the AFC East and they have already played Indy and New Orleans.  We have a tougher schedule ahead of us.  we ABSOLUTELY have to beat Miami at home.  If we lose to Miami at home, Miami will win the division.  All that being said, I believe that the PATS win next week by 10+.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Yeah, you easily do have the best coach in the game.  But Sparano is a very good young (new) coach.  You'll be impressed by him.  That was a great accomplishment winning the division last year with that team.  And he has this team headed in the right direction, although I was disappointed in today's win.  Not saying Fins will win next week or Sparano is better than your evil genius coach.  But I really believe that in time Sparano will become one of the better coaches in the NFL. And with all due respect to your fine team, the Fins will be in the game next week.  They might not win it ; but they will be in it and you will know that you played a well coached team.  Good luck.
    Posted by oggieman

Welcome to the PAT's board, we welcome civil discourse from fans of other teams as long as their not just trolls, please just ignore the 12 year olds.

As a PAT's fan living in Miami I agree they're headed in the right direction, but as soon as Parcells arrived they turned it around and headed that way.  Sparano is a good coach, they overachieved last year and had some injuries on other teams (read Brady) that allowed them to move ahead.  They play the game the way it should be played, have two feature runningbacks and a stron O line.

I still believe after this season or next Parcells will come down from his skybox after he has accumulated enough talent to keep his legacy going... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

They are in position to win the division, but only if the Patriots don't do what's necessary to prevent them.

They MUST win out against the division if they want to ensure they'll stay ahead of Miami because a loss would prevent them from winning any tiebreakers.

I'd also say that winning out against conference opponents would be equally as important.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Bills In Position To Win Division?

If they win their next 8 games they will be 11-5 and they should have a shot at taking the division.

See how silly it sounds? Miami has taken a step towards mediocrity. But they are still a bad team. Last year was a fluke. They are what they are: a sub .500 team residing in the same division as one of the top 4 teams in the NFL. I'm all for fan entusiasm. But you nee to come back down to reality.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I don't buy it.  They are third in the division.   They looked horrible most of the day. It was like niether team wanted to win.  Was it 20 minutes before they moved beyond their 25 yard line?

I am glad they won.  I hate, I loathe, I despise the Jets.  It was a pleasure to see Sachez get decked three times after his team talked trash last week. But I think the 'Fins are a long way from taking the divison.  And to what?  Lose badly in the first round?

They are a heck of a lot better than a few years back, last year was a fluke, and they still have work to do. The line could not protect Henne and his pocket presence was often lacking.  Held onto the ball way too long on a lot of plays, etc. 

Right now, I think the Pats win the rest of their division games.  They may have started unevenly, but they improved more than their division rivals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

No question that Miami is still in good position to win the division.  They are 3-0 againsts the AFC East and they have already played Indy and New Orleans.  We have a tougher schedule ahead of us.  we ABSOLUTELY have to beat Miami at home.  If we lose to Miami at home, Miami will win the division.  All that being said, I believe that the PATS win next week by 10+.
    Posted by SmokingJoe

What would be bad is if Miami beat the Pats in both divisional games AND the Pats lose to either the Colts or Saints in the next 5 games. Patriot fans will have a cow....

Sections
Shortcuts