Miami In Position To Win Division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?:
    [QUOTE]Bills In Position To Win Division? If they win their next 8 games they will be 11-5 and they should have a shot at taking the division. See how silly it sounds? Miami has taken a step towards mediocrity. But they are still a bad team. Last year was a fluke. They are what they are: a sub .500 team residing in the same division as one of the top 4 teams in the NFL. I'm all for fan entusiasm. But you nee to come back down to reality.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]

Not silly at all. It's about the fact that right now, Miami is 3-0 in their own division - and if they take care of business and go on a winning streak in the next 5 games - and the Patriots manage to lose 3 games in the next 5 (possibly losing 2 vs the Fins) - then the scenario changes very quickly.  Even if Miami splits with the Patriots - and the patriots lose two other games - it would not bode well for the Patriots.

The point is - The Dolphins are in the best position vs. the Jets and Bills to vie for 1st place in the Division. Dolphins, Colts, Jets, Saints, Dolphins. I think that the Patriots' road to the playoffs is riding on the next 5 games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

I wouldn't count out the dolphins..All those drops Ginn had the past 6 games he surely made up for it yesterday. Dolphins schedule is much easier than the pats through the remaining part of the season. I think they'll split. The pats haven't played a physical team like the dolphins yet. Ne has a huge concern at linebacker. They need to make plays to stop that dolphins running game. The wildcard here is Henne. He's got a rocket of an arm. If you stack the box he can hurt you. This is going to be a much tougher game than some of you pats might think. The dolphins aren't the pathetic Bucs or Titans. They can play with anybody.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

If the Patriots can't win the AFC East this year, its' time to dismantle the team and rebuild.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]     If the Patriots can't win the AFC East this year, its' time to dismantle the team and rebuild.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

agreed.

they do have a rough month of november, but if they lose to the phins, indy and saints then they are no better than the dolphins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Cmon - Pats are 5-2, go 5-4 from here on out and they easily win division at 10-6. I dont see anybody else in division being better than 9-7

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Their season rests on the shoulders on Chad Henne who even though he has played well since getting the starting job still makes me think I like our chances. I dont think Henne is quite ready yet for carrying that team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

10-6 wont be good enough not for me anyways i expect at least 12 wins this season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]Their season rests on the shoulders on Chad Henne who even though he has played well since getting the starting job still makes me think I like our chances. I dont think Henne is quite ready yet for carrying that team.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

I agree, but his upside is much higher than Pennington's. He doesn't necessarily have to carry the team..but you're right, it will depend on whether he can make the big play down the field Pennington could not. The Dolphins need a 1 receiver in the worst way. They also need safeties than actually cover a tight end. I like their rookie corners though..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yeah they need a true #1 WR in a bad way Ted Ginn is a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah they need a true #1 WR in a bad way Ted Ginn is a joke.

He is a joke. He has one of the worst pair of hands I've seen..but he's fast as hell. He just needs to return kicks..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea but think about it, you wasted the number 9 overall pick on that kid and for what? So he could be a kick returner? Thats such a waste and makes him such a bust.I agree with you that he has the worst hands on your team but if you give up on him as WR that is such a waste. What you need to do is bring in one or two legit WRs to take the presure off of Ginn and hope he develops with time. Even if it takes another two years if the kid catches on at some point then it was worth it but if you just make him a kick returner and move on then he is a GIANT bust.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]Yea but think about it, you wasted the number 9 overall pick on that kid and for what? So he could be a kick returner? Thats such a waste and makes him such a bust.I agree with you that he has the worst hands on your team but if you give up on him as WR that is such a waste. What you need to do is bring in one or two legit WRs to take the presure off of Ginn and hope he develops with time. Even if it takes another two years if the kid catches on at some point then it was worth it but if you just make him a kick returner and move on then he is a GIANT bust.
    I think he's a bust as a receiver now..thanks Cam Cameron..he was the real joke. Where's the marks brothers when you need them...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

If the Pats win next week and against the Jets, they will be up 3 in the loss column and the final game in Miami will almost be meaningless. This is a great time for the Pats to be facing the toughest part of their schedule as November and december is when the Pats play the best under Brady. 70-17 after Nov. 1st since 2001 and 7-2 after the bye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : I think he's a bust as a receiver now..thanks Cam Cameron..he was the real joke. Where's the marks brothers when you need them...
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

A Miami fan who doesn't troll like the guy with the handle [BobGriese] does.  Nice!

While I respect the ability to find ways to win with the Wildcat, I still think it's only a change-of-pace offense.  I see it as filler until the Dolphins find better personnel at the receiver position (and possibly quarterback if Henne doesn't pan out).  

I've wondered, though, if Dolphins fans feel the same way about it or if they're content to just find more ways to win with the 'Cat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Did you actually watch the game?  The Dolphins are less then pathetic.  Their Offense suxs.  All we have to do is not kick to Ginn and we win by 30+.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

And as for Sparano being a good coach, what is the deal with him going for 2 when a simple extra point would have put the Dolphins up by 2 scores? That's great coaching in my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Obivously, sitting in first place, the Pats control their own density, Marty -- but I guess the same could be said for Miami. If the Dolphins manage to sweep the rest of their division games, the division crown certainly could be theirs.

Also, if a frog had wings he might not bump his @ss on the ground so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : A Miami fan who doesn't troll like the guy with the handle [BobGriese] does.  Nice! While I respect the ability to find ways to win with the Wildcat, I still think it's only a change-of-pace offense.  I see it as filler until the Dolphins find better personnel at the receiver position (and possibly quarterback if Henne doesn't pan out).   I've wondered, though, if Dolphins fans feel the same way about it or if they're content to just find more ways to win with the 'Cat.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]
    I really don't like the wildcat. I think they use it too much. Pat white is a waste of a down...but that Dolphins offensive line is good. They run right at you, through you, around you. They  use it because their wideouts are less than adequate. I do like Henne though...great arm. He makes the throws Pennington couldn't. Parcells is building a strong contender in Miami. He's putting the pieces together ..but they're not there just yet. Ginn's not a receiver but he's a spectacular return guy..as he was in college. Patriots better put on their chinstraps because Miami won't lay down like those other 2 teams they faced.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Phins are nothing to be feared. After that game where the wildcat was unvelied, it has not been effective against the Pats. The Dolphins cannot compete with an offense like the Pats. They may be able to stay in the game for some time but when push comes to shove, the Pats will pull away. In 3 weeks, we will be worrying about playoff seeding and not the division.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Like I said before..and I'll say it again. You're in for a rude awakening.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

dont look past the Phins, if their D shows up and gets in Bradys face we could have a low scoring day. We didnt lay 30 points on the Jets the way you all thought so i wouldnt be so sure about the phins yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

never, the Pats are separating themselves from the pack, the fins are gonna feell what the Titans felt. The fins wildcat has run its course and henne will be in trouble, probably get intercepted 4 timesLaughing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Oh I hope so and I think we will smoke them I am however not willing to look past any team. We all looked past teh Broncos and they beat us. All I am saying is us Pats fans tend to look past people all the time, the Pats dont but our fans do and its not a good idea. Thats why everyone freaks out everytime we lose a game cause they all look past teams and assume we will win every game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Oh I hope so and I think we will smoke them I am however not willing to look past any team. We all looked past teh Broncos and they beat us. All I am saying is us Pats fans tend to look past people all the time, the Pats dont but our fans do and its not a good idea. Thats why everyone freaks out everytime we lose a game cause they all look past teams and assume we will win every game.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE] I agree,im one of those fans that exspects our team to win every game,but i know its a feat that is very rare,but i also know the pats have really struggled against good running games,and the dolphins have a two headed monster in brown,and williams.if they run over our defense,it will open up henne,s ability to throw the pass effectively,and make this game closer then i would like.I know the the pats can win this game,but i also know the dolphins chances to win are good also.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Obivously, sitting in first place, the Pats control their own density, Marty -- but I guess the same could be said for Miami. If the Dolphins manage to sweep the rest of their division games, the division crown certainly could be theirs. Also, if a frog had wings he might not bump his @ss on the ground so much.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Do frogs really do that?  LOL :)

Sections
Shortcuts