Miami In Position To Win Division?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division?:
    [QUOTE]dont look past the Phins, if their D shows up and gets in Bradys face we could have a low scoring day. We didnt lay 30 points on the Jets the way you all thought so i wouldnt be so sure about the phins yet.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

We seem to split games w/ the Jets and Fins.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

So, almost the worst has happened. We drop games to the Saints, Colts, and Fins. Dolphins are 1 game behind in the loss column.

Unfortunately, like last year, if we end up tied with Miami - we may be on the outside looking in if the Patriots lose to Buffalo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Miami In Position To Win Division?:
    [QUOTE]So, almost the worst has happened. We drop games to the Saints, Colts, and Fins. Dolphins are 1 game behind in the loss column. Unfortunately, like last year, if we end up tied with Miami - we may be on the outside looking in if the Patriots lose to Buffalo.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]
    You called it and some people on this board laughed at you. Well they're not laughing now. Arrogance gets you nowhere. Face the facts people..New England just isn't that good. I think the Pats will still squeak out the division but that's it. Like I said before Miami is building a contender and New England's run is over. Brady is starting to show wear and tear and Bill B just does not have the talent anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Miami In Position To Win Division?:
    [QUOTE]

As I stated last week, if the Pats go 3-2, they would most likely win the division...knowing full well that 3 of these were on the road.  Of course, they are already 0-1 for the last 5; still need to play in Buffalo and Houston.  Honestly, I am not sure they can win either of their road games at this junction.  Their performances have been so statistically poor away from home that most lines will not favour the Pats- that's for sure.

It really would be hard for the Pats to overcome losing their last two road games.  Of course, they would have to also beat Cinci and Jax at home, just to stay in the hunt.  Both of these teams are average or better; teams the Pats don't seem to be geared to beat this year.  Hypothetically, if they loose both road games and take a tough one against the better Cinci team, they may find themselves falling short, once again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Miami In Position To Win Division? : You called it and some people on this board laughed at you. Well they're not laughing now. Arrogance gets you nowhere. Face the facts people..New England just isn't that good. I think the Pats will still squeak out the division but that's it. Like I said before Miami is building a contender and New England's run is over. Brady is starting to show wear and tear and Bill B just does not have the talent anymore.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was pretty close w/ my prediction :)

I agree that Parcells have done a nice job rebuilding the Miami Dolphins - and he's not thru yet. The pressure on the Patriots to win the last 4 games is going to increase w/ each game - and the worst thing to do is to lose to Buffalo.

However, that being said - u guys have some work cut out for you too :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Yeah, I was pretty close w/ my prediction :) I agree that Parcells have done a nice job rebuilding the Miami Dolphins - and he's not thru yet. The pressure on the Patriots to win the last 4 games is going to increase w/ each game - and the worst thing to do is to lose to Buffalo. However, that being said - u guys have some work cut out for you too :)
    Definitely. I don't think Miami is a contender yet. I do like what I see out of Miami's young players though, Henne is going to be a very good player once he learns the nuances of the game. He needs to learn how to throw a tough pass. I think Miami will be a serious contender for the Afc east next year. It will be interesting to see if they resign Ronnie Brown. NE would be crazy not going after that guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Definitely. I don't think Miami is a contender yet. I do like what I see out of Miami's young players though, Henne is going to be a very good player once he learns the nuances of the game. He needs to learn how to throw a tough pass. I think Miami will be a serious contender for the Afc east next year. It will be interesting to see if they resign Ronnie Brown. NE would be crazy not going after that guy.
    Posted by perfect72

Good luck w/ the rest of your season...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Miami In Position To Win Division? : Definitely. I don't think Miami is a contender yet. I do like what I see out of Miami's young players though, Henne is going to be a very good player once he learns the nuances of the game. He needs to learn how to throw a tough pass. I think Miami will be a serious contender for the Afc east next year. It will be interesting to see if they resign Ronnie Brown. NE would be crazy not going after that guy.
    Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

If Toby Gerhardt falls to Miami, Ronnie is gone.  Toby would be the perfect back for what Parcells really wants to do with the Fins: go back to a 70s style offense that runs the ball.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oggieman. Show oggieman's posts

New England wins the division.  "You're never as bad as your last loss; and you're never as good as your last win".  The Pats aren't at the top of their game; but they lost 3 tough road games to two elite teams; and they lost a third road game to a very capable team that played those two elite teams as good as-or better than- anyone played them this year.  Losing to three quality opponents is nothing to be ashamed of.  You go back to it and fix the problems and start your streak. They'll finish 11-5; and this losing streak will be a distant memory. Being undefeated in the regular season doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl win--you know that.  And last year proved once again that the team that gets hot at the end can run the streak to the Super Bowl. 

Pat fans are understandably frustrated.  They are not used to this losing thing.  You forgot how to deal with adversity.  Once upon a time, I went through the same thing with the Dolphins. 

But for all those on this board, and the writers at the Globe, that say Belicheck has lost it, the Past don't have it anymore, Brady isn't what he used to be, this one stinks, that one needs to go, and on and on...I got one thing to say:  You still have the best coach in football and you won't lose another game this season---and if you don't want Brady or Belichek, I do.  Believe me, I wish this were not true.  But this week you will crush Carolina; and that win will be a springboard for a late season run.  I pray that I am wrong; but I guarantee that I am right.

I went to the game and once again I have nothing but respect for Pats fans.  There were a lot of pat fans there. I had them all around me; I gave them crap before the game; they made me want to cry in the first quarter; and it went on and on.  But everythign that we said to each other was in fun with no foul language--and each one of them congratulated me on the win and kept their head up. They all knew yesterday that their team is not done yet.  

Hopefully, Miami can make a run and force a rubber match in the playoffs. we'll see.  But you'll win the division this year. And unfortunately for me, that's a guarantee. Cry    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]New England wins the division.  "You're never as bad as your last loss; and you're never as good as your last win".  The Pats aren't at the top of their game; but they lost 3 tough road games to two elite teams; and they lost a third road game to a very capable team that played those two elite teams as good as-or better than- anyone played them this year.  Losing to three quality opponents is nothing to be ashamed of.  You go back to it and fix the problems and start your streak. They'll finish 11-5; and this losing streak will be a distant memory. Being undefeated in the regular season doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl win--you know that.  And last year proved once again that the team that gets hot at the end can run the streak to the Super Bowl.  Pat fans are understandably frustrated.  They are not used to this losing thing.  You forgot how to deal with adversity.  Once upon a time, I went through the same thing with the Dolphins.  But for all those on this board, and the writers at the Globe, that say Belicheck has lost it, the Past don't have it anymore, Brady isn't what he used to be, this one stinks, that one needs to go, and on and on...I got one thing to say:  You still have the best coach in football and you won't lose another game this season---and if you don't want Brady or Belichek, I do.  Believe me, I wish this were not true.  But this week you will crush Carolina; and that win will be a springboard for a late season run.  I pray that I am wrong; but I guarantee that I am right. I went to the game and once again I have nothing but respect for Pats fans.  There were a lot of pat fans there. I had them all around me; I gave them crap before the game; they made me want to cry in the first quarter; and it went on and on.  But everythign that we said to each other was in fun with no foul language--and each one of them congratulated me on the win and kept their head up. They all knew yesterday that their team is not done yet.   Hopefully, Miami can make a run and force a rubber match in the playoffs. we'll see.  But you'll win the division this year. And unfortunately for me, that's a guarantee.     
    Posted by oggieman[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the vote of confidence :)

It's going to be an interesting 4 games....

Sections
Shortcuts