Miami is just so classy arent they?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?

Oh here we go again -

Russ - Filming from an inappropriate location in order to use the material to gain a competitive advantage is cheating.  Here let me remind you of Goodell's specific words on the subject:  

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," the commissioner wrote in a letter to the team.

Here is a definition of "cheat":

To violate rules dishonestly

Now Russ - you tell me how these two phrases are so substantially different from one another that they could not be interchangeable. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

the thing i don't get about rusty is that he claims victories in arguements if someone calls him a name.  by those rules (unless there is cheating) Wink, he must lose a lot of arguements.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?:
    the thing i don't get about rusty is that he claims victories in arguements if someone calls him a name.  by those rules (unless there is cheating) , he must lose a lot of arguements.
    Posted by underdoggggg

yeah but just dont tell him that...he will go into a belichick is god blockade of any reasonable discussion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paparui. Show paparui's posts

Don't know how you can knock Parcells drafts when you look at the Pats drafts after he left the 96 season. Chris Canty was a Grier pick that absolutely bombed while Parcels basically hits almost all the time in the 1st round on whichever team he goes. Grier is a terrible GM and it showed when Belichick got rid of every Grier pick in the Pete Carroll era with the exception of Kevin Faulk.The Glenn pick should have been a hit considering it was a top 10 pick so I wouldn't give Grier credit for that. Belichicks's 1st draft wasn't exactly a great one with Klemm being a bust in the 2nd round and J.R. Redmon wasn't exactly a elite back but at least he contributed 1 season in the playoffs. Belichick hasn't had the greatest drafts either with most of his success being from signing the right free agents in his early Patriots career while also inheriting many of Parcells players that he drafted on the defense. Belichick is definitely arguably the greatest coach of all time but when it comes to being a personel man Parcells may have had better success drafting. Parcells has slipped as a coach in the cap era and also hasn't been successful finding quality coaches to help him win a superbowl. Don't forget that Belichick failed as a head coach in Cleveland.

Belichicks drafts

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/drafts.htm

Parcells drafts as GM

http://phinaticism.blogspot.com/2007/12/look-at-parcells-drafts.html

Looking at their drafts Parcells definitely drafted more talent overall with many guys becoming starters while Belichick hit on 2 hall of famers in Brady and Seymour. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Don't know how you can knock Parcells drafts when you look at the Pats drafts after he left the 96 season. Chris Canty was a Grier pick that absolutely bombed while Parcels basically hits almost all the time in the 1st round on whichever team he goes. Grier is a terrible GM and it showed when Belichick got rid of every Grier pick in the Pete Carroll era with the exception of Kevin Faulk.The Glenn pick should have been a hit considering it was a top 10 pick so I wouldn't give Grier credit for that. Belichicks's 1st draft wasn't exactly a great one with Klemm being a bust in the 2nd round and J.R. Redmon wasn't exactly a elite back but at least he contributed 1 season in the playoffs. Belichick hasn't had the greatest drafts either with most of his success being from signing the right free agents in his early Patriots career while also inheriting many of Parcells players that he drafted on the defense. Belichick is definitely arguably the greatest coach of all time but when it comes to being a personel man Parcells may have had better success drafting. Parcells has slipped as a coach in the cap era and also hasn't been successful finding quality coaches to help him win a superbowl. Don't forget that Belichick failed as a head coach in Cleveland. Belichicks drafts http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/drafts.htm Parcells drafts as GM http://phinaticism.blogspot.com/2007/12/look-at-parcells-drafts.html Looking at their drafts Parcells definitely drafted more talent overall with many guys becoming starters while Belichick hit on 2 hall of famers in Brady and Seymour. 
    Posted by paparui

There is no way Seymour is a hall of famer..not even close. I agree with the rest of your post though....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : There is no way Seymour is a hall of famer..not even close. I agree with the rest of your post though....
    Posted by perfect72

agreed all the way around

i wonder how come rusty didnt reply to my last comment though? maybe i scared him off...

one can always hope eh?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Yea underdogg cause your not bias at all when it comes to your team right? Cause you dotn come up with a million excuses all the time to some how defend the Colts when people call them choke artist's. You act like you are above drinking the coolaide but anytime anyone has even given you a valid point against the Colts you do the same $h*t that you are bashing on this other guy for. You are such a hypocrite. But hey cudo's to you for finding yet another way to bring up spygate for the 10 millionth time. Get some new material dogg cause your little song and dance is getting old.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Taz - you are biased, I am biased, but at times we have to concede a point.  I have yet to see Rusty concede a point.  Even the minutae is defended.  And its not just the defense of the points, it is the venom and hypocrisy with which he does so.  I have to say something, and clearly I am not the only one.  he doesn't just do it with fans of other teams.  He'll take on the reasonable pats fan as well. 
    There is not another pats fan on this board with the blind allegience for the pats that Rusty has.  He has it to a fault. 

As for the choke comments, yes, I do have an issue with them.  First they are just opinions and opinions are open for arguement every time.  Did you know that since 2000, the pats have choked 8 times.  How's that feel?  The pats have been preseason favorites over the last decade far more frequently than the colts and they have failed more times than they have succeeded.  But I concede that pats fans calling the colts chokers is something that makes you feel better, and will never stop. 

As for spygate, I didn't bring it up.  I was responding to Rusty. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

back on spygate? good grief...BB cheated, im over it, the league is over it, the fans are kinda sorta over it

rusty, for god sakes man, just drop it

he cheated, we dont care anymore...its over

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Taz - Someone has to defend the colts.  And yes, I do it, just as you defend the pats.  But that doesn't mean that neither you or I have at one time or another or many times said we were wrong - or someone else was right.  Rusty never does that.  

Anyway - as for the choke thing, take this anyway you want.  Defining who is a favorite from one year to the next is nothing but pure opinion, but many websites do power rankings.  Now it is a common theme on this board that ESPN hates the pats and loves the colts. 

Thus it has always been assumed that the colts are favorites, and this is the impetus for suggesting that the colts have choked over the decade when they've lost.  Favored but lost. 

The information below, however, says something very different.  Since 2002 here are ESPN's power rankings of the colts and pats 

New England -
         First ranking of the year ranked #1 - 4 times over 9 years (inclusive of 2010 preseason);
         Final ranking of the year ranked #1 (final reg season game) - 2 times in 8 years (no season yet this year) 
         Ranked #1 at any time in the season - 6 years out of 8 years

Indy
         First ranking of the year ranked #1 - 1 time in 9 years
         Final ranking of the year ranked #1 - 2 times in 8 years
         Ranked #1 at any time of the season - 3 years out of 8 years

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/ranking?team=nwe&year=2009

As you can see, where ESPN (the org that loves to hate the pats) is concerned, the Pats have been ranked #1 since 2002 about twice as much as the colts.  I think pats fans sometimes hear only the negative or if they hear positives about anyone or any other team they deem it as negative towards the pats. 

During this period, the pats have been to 3 SB's and won 2; the colts have been to 2 and won 1.  Seems to me they've both choked equally. 

Finally, again re: spygate, Rusty was talking about it.  I just corrected him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

See Taz - Rusty did it again.  For your sake I will not respond to him this time even though his comments really need to be vetted.  If he continues, I may lose my willpower.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Every loss is not a choke.  Just because Manning throws a few picks in a game, it is not a choke.  Even though the Pats were given very little chance to beat the Rams in 2001, that was certainly not a choke by the Rams.  Most of the time, you have to give credit to the opponent, unless your Russ, then you just make excuses, refs, lucky catch, etc.  Even though the Pats were expected to win it after dominatin the season, was that loss to the Giants a choke?  I doubt it.  There is very little someone like Brady or Manning could do at this point that I would consider a choke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : We have trolls from Spygate.  They had very little to troll about until Spygate--SB loss--Brady injury. It's their lifeblood. Just a side bar point as to why people lile JimmyJacksHimself, Underoos, Waldork, and other trolls spend their life on these threads. I mean, how unhealthy are these humans spending this much time on a board that doesn't represent their own team? Their comments are never geared towards actual topics, but they just hover around analyzing Pats fans comments.
    Posted by russgriswold

Based on your name calling, I have won.  Victory!!!  Is that how it works, Russ? 

Listen, your comments would carry much more weight if you didn't lash out at everyone including fellow pats fans.  Further, there have been plenty of topical comments made by all of us, only to be sideswiped by you and delusional frame of mind.  

Ultimately, its because you are so obtuse that discussions devolve into pettiness.  The truth is you have no idea how to be "simply topical".  Your comments always include insults and name calling. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : You're dumb. ESPN Power Rankings have NOTHING to do with an overall NFL fanbase view of NE and the jealousy that is there. It's why you post here. The Colts haven't acomplished as much as theyd' like BECAUSE of the Pats.  It's why you were entitled, lost so much, minimzed your opps in the playoffs and SB by constantllin watching flawed teams, etc. You post here due to an unhealthy obsession.
    Posted by russgriswold

LOL - above is your response to a topical discussion I was having with Taz.  What did I get?  "You're Dumb".  ha. 

You've done it again.  You are critical of me by stating what I do that bothers you, then you go off and do it yourself (as always). 

Where did I or Taz say anything about an overall fanbase view?  That's your creation and has nothing to do with our discussion.  We were talking about teams who were favored to win and how the idea of choking relates to it.  If you want to join the discussion with your "overall fanbase view" so be it, but in doing so, please provide some data to support it as I have. 

I will be the first here to agree that the colts have not achieved as much as they possibly could have because of the pats.  in the 1st half of the 2000's the pats were the best team in the NFL with a dynasty level defensive base that sustained the team for multiple years.  That D got in the way of the colts until 2005 and won 3 superbowls. 

Your second to last sentence is incoherent.  Your last sentence could be applied to the both of us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : We have trolls from Spygate.  They had very little to troll about until Spygate--SB loss--Brady injury. It's their lifeblood. Just a side bar point as to why people lile JimmyJacksHimself, Underoos, Waldork, and other trolls spend their life on these threads. I mean, how unhealthy are these humans spending this much time on a board that doesn't represent their own team? Their comments are never geared towards actual topics, but they just hover around analyzing Pats fans comments.
    Posted by russgriswold

i see you have still ignored what i said before...so im guessing you give up? you lose

and nice nickname for me, i like that...maybe ill use it

but at either rate...its better than using the same of a fictional character and using the picture of a small boy( talk about pedophilia)

at any rate, ive participated in several discussions about all things football...but i guess you were too busy trashing every other team in the league and/or worshipping at your BB throne

meh, you are a very small man and it just cant be helped...maybe you should rename yourself to be gary coleman instead

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : "Not even close"? Really?   For 7 years, teams double teamed him and he still was very effective and consistent. He'd stop the run and rush the passer.   Whenever a team gameplans against a player, there is without a question a HOF nod up for discussion. He was arguably the best DE in the entire NFL for like 7 years. He has 3 rings. 4 Super Bowl appearances.  Multiple Pro Bowls, etc. The anti-Pats angle some of you jealous dummies take is pathetic.
    Posted by russgriswold

Really? He's not even on YOUR team anymore. He's not even close..like I said. If he plays another 4 years at a high level possibly. You have to admit he's had 4 good years and the rest were slightly above average at best. You compare his stats to Micheal Strahan and Jason Taylor who MAY make the HOF and it's not even close. You always resort to name calling because someone disagrees with you.    You need to get rid of that anger sport.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Posted by russgriswold

Are you suggesting that spending this much time on a rivals (or non rivals)forum is somehow better than on your own teams?  That is hillarious.  The problem is, every team has clowns like you that cannot look at their own team's flaws honestly.  Opposing views are what makes sports fanaticism interesting.  I think the hooligan culture of England  would do you some good.  A nice swift literal beating is exactly what you need as opposed to the textual whoooping you get nearly every day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : You're dumb. ESPN Power Rankings have NOTHING to do with an overall NFL fanbase view of NE and the jealousy that is there. It's why you post here. The Colts haven't acomplished as much as theyd' like BECAUSE of the Pats.  It's why you were entitled, lost so much, minimzed your opps in the playoffs and SB by constantllin watching flawed teams, etc. You post here due to an unhealthy obsession.
    Posted by russgriswold

I'd have to say that it was because of the Saints, Chargers, & Steelers.  The Colts didn't really hit their stride until after the Pats faded and they finally got some offensive/defensive balance.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

as far as the seymour thing goes, he had 3 dominate years and then his reputation took over, because since that 3 year span...he isnt even close to a hall of famer...i think that perfect72's point...and generally in the NFL you need your span of greatness to encompass more than 3 years

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Thanks Taz -

Admittedly, sometimes I am a jerk.  Usually it is because someone deserves it.  Of course, then I get the "well this is a patriots forum" retort, and I have to relent. 

Anyway, it really seems that there are a lot of teams with a lot of questions this year. 

Pats and Colts have questions.
    Jets who looked to be having a strong offseason seem to be falling apart. 
    Fins got some players in legal trouble. 
    Pitt is going to miss Rothles. 
    Houston is going to miss Cushing. 
    Baltimore's D is aging

Makes me think San Diego and Cincy(??) could be looking good right now.  Am I missing something?

Sections
Shortcuts