Miami is just so classy arent they?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?

Here's something interesting... with the Giants and the PAT's the Tuna had a below 500% record until Belichick arrived, within a season they were in the Super Bowl.  Let's not get it twisted, Parcells is a good football guy...  if nothing else he hired Belichick to be his defensive guru.  That alone tells me he knows his stuff, the ability to lead includes being able to hire people more talented than yourself. 

The players he drafted with ALL the teams he went to became solid contributors on playoff teams.  He has an eye for talent and creating a system, I know he left New England in a bad way but I don't dismiss Krafty's involvement in that either... Terry Glenn was a punk who shouldn't have been drafted that high, he was a glorified slot receiver and Bledsoe was a diva.  He still drafted Willie Mac, Law, Milloy, Bruschi and a host of others... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Who cares about Miami - Has anyone heard any news in the New England camp? Anything going on about our PATS?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

arguing with rusty about BB not being god is like arguing with a muslim that allah isnt god

its just not worth it

and in this case...merling is a dummy...if anything...the phins were dummies for taking him in the first place as he is not very good

that is all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This thread has devolved into two essential elements:

1) personal attacks (which really detract from the second);

2) the BB vs Parcells debate which always evokes strong feelings.

Name calling and character assassination are really childish.  Why not leave that out of it?

Parcells has always been a most excellent football coach and that seems to be accepted throughout this thread.  What seems to be in question is just how good a personnel guy is he?  My view is that the only measurement in that regard is how he manages the cap and other issues over the long haul.  That is not the same as how those he has drafted or signed have performed after he left but how the team performs over a period of years under his stewardship.  Does he keep the team in contention by hiring good coaches and striking a balance between talent acquisition and effective cap management?  How does he manage the myriad of issues that management of an NFL team entails and how does he do it not just now but over time? 

In my judgment, the jury will always be out on Parcells as a GM unless and until he remains in one place long enough to deal with the consequences of the majority of his personnel decisions.  I don't think that has ever been the case with him. 

My 2 cents.  (Please, I've heard and responded to every 'Your mommma [fill in as you wish]' shot ever conceived so it would be kinda boring to go that route)

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?:
    Aggravated Battery...That means he slapped her around at the least. When they say assault that could be anything and doesn't even have to be physically Violent. This guy is definitely scum. This is good ammo for the Miami trolls that take shots at us. Miami and the Jets are Both doing their best to keep the Work release program going.
    Posted by ewhite1065

To get back to the topic of this thread;

assault is verbal threats only. battery is an "offensive touching". "aggravated" anything means especially nasty, like with a deadly weapon, inflicting serious injury or, in some jurisdictions, against a child or woman. Aggravated battery is a felony, even in Florida.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Here's an interesting site on the # of arrests by team - leading the way (since 2007) Jacksonville, followed by Miami and Denver... http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/6308/Bengals-lead-the-NFL-with-31-arrests-since-2000/Default.aspx

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : Because when trolls are insecure, they resort to name calling. They haven't educated themselves on these concepts.  Bill Parcells resigned knowing BB would automatically be the coach, but then you have to ask WHY did he resign? He resigned because he knew with the loss of Hess as owner, things would be changing.  Parcells ALWAYS has to control things and he ALWAYS quits.  It's been a pattern of his since he became the once great coach, 20 years ago. My premise is the exact same thing it was at the start of this thread: Parcells has never succeeded as a GM. Not yet, anyway. I agree he has to be somewhere for a certain period to see it through, but that also ties into my point. The second something isn't to his liking, he quits and then goes somewhere else. The lone success as GM is a division title in 2008 because Brady had his leg blown out. Dallas? Any division titles?  How many playoff wins when he and Jerry Jones were running the show?
    Posted by russgriswold
    ....speaking of name calling "insecure trolls" may I quote Russ the "all knowing oracle"...."Umm, I don't work at Taco Bell, rube. In fact, I can tell by the way you type, I likely have a much better job than yourself."

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : If he wasn't such complete tool, I'd think that russ was actually BB.  That is the only possible answer for the complete and utter devotion.
    Posted by PatStats

i would say that is a very fair assessment

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : If he wasn't such complete tool, I'd think that russ was actually BB.  That is the only possible answer for the complete and utter devotion.
    Posted by PatStats

Four days on this board and all you've done is argue trivia and insult people.

Why don't you take your lame act on the road? The jests never seem to have enough azzholes, I'm sure they'd welcome one more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

its funny too that unclealfie rips another poster for arguing trivia

you mean people argue on the internet?

no way

maybe you should change your screenname to uncleobvious to avoid any further misconceptions about the internet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : They weren't beating a superior team in GB anyway, dummy. Who is the idot?? You're the idiot. Glad we could help answer that for you. You do realize some of Belichick's SB Ds, statistially, never ranked that high, correct?  Stats don't mean everything, but we wouldn't expect you to know that.  Stick to trash pick up and the volatile attitude. It suits you well. How ironic, a guy named "PatStats" thinks stats mean everything in a BB defense. Hilarious. You're a troll. You have 9 posts, all since 5/28.  You aren't fooling anyone.
    Posted by russgriswold

internet credibility has very little to do with length of time spent on one website

if it did, then maybe al gore sans tipper, really did invent the internet

argument is everything and most arguments that you make are nothing short of an epic failure

you would do much better to post from itouchedBB'sweiner.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For crying out loud, guys.  Does it make a rats a ss worth of difference who started what with the name calling?  And, no, this is not my first day on the internet or in this forum.  We don't need to all get along but it would be really great to see a disagreement of views that didn't stoop to the personal.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

"Jimmy-Jack", I'll leave your last statment as an obvious win on my part.  All you have left is cute one liners that aren't funny.   Don't quite your day job. Otherwise, I'd say you like to watch males run around in white panties with pink and teal trim, which actually is true.  lol You still cannot tell us Parcells's successes as GM.  This is the dead giveaway as to why you fail here, alongside the other trolls on this topic. My premise stands.  And stands tall.  People confuse Parcells the coach with Parcells the GM.  Parcells was a successful coach at one time,, and so far, has accomplished little as GM. There is a reason why domineering owners like Davis, Jones, Snyder, etc don't win in the cap era. Parcells has done NOTHING as GM because he's just that;  way too domineering.  An large ego is a killer as is someone getting as old he is without accomplishing much as a GM. You and your boyfriend are trolls.
    Posted by russgriswold

aw, my one-liners arent funny to you because of their direction...well when you get out of those huggies someday, maybe you'll realize that people dont exist on the basis they have to be nice to an a.s.s-kissing clown such as yourself

secondly, i never argued in this thread, nor any other that Parcells was a great coach or GM...because its not even really an argument...the man knows football through and through...just because he didnt win it all every year or because he has less world titles than your god, it doesnt mean that parcells hasnt forgotten more football than you have ever learned about

but i see you went right into gay bashing me...awesome...i hope the mods are all over this and ban your dumb a.s.s. for your wonderfully ignorant comments

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikejohnson. Show mrmikejohnson's posts

Yes, this is the first case of an NFL player hitting in a woman in NFL history.  It's not like it happen 14 times last offseason.  This can't possibly be the posting of a jealous Cheatriots fan who's attacking the teams that are going to overthrow them when Brady retires.

The Cheatriots attacking another team because of lack of class is like the Lakers attacking another team for being too glitzy.

Let's see, in the past decade, the Cheatriots have:

1. run up the score on several different teams (real classy)
    2. Cheated their way to super bowls (real classy)
    3. had the head coach destroy Ted Johnson's life over one regular season game (should be in jail)
    4. Had more players than the Dolphins have legal problems (including spousal abuse, transporting large amounts of marijuana for sale, and steroid use)
    5. Had a lineman rat out his dealer to save himself legal trouble
    6. Had the NFL's dirtiest player on their team
    7. Had a ignorant fan post about another team's class depsite his team's "class" record being at or near the bottom of the NFL.

We're getting a glipse into what the Cheatriots' fans will be like when Brady's gone (the few fans that are left, that is).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yes, this is the first case of an NFL player hitting in a woman in NFL history.  It's not like it happen 14 times last offseason.  This can't possibly be the posting of a jealous Cheatriots fan who's attacking the teams that are going to overthrow them when Brady retires. The Cheatriots attacking another team because of lack of class is like the Lakers attacking another team for being too glitzy. Let's see, in the past decade, the Cheatriots have:   1. run up the score on several different teams (real classy) 2. Cheated their way to super bowls (real classy) 3. had the head coach destroy Ted Johnson's life over one regular season game (should be in jail) 4. Had more players than the Dolphins have legal problems (including spousal abuse, transporting large amounts of marijuana for sale, and steroid use) 5. Had a lineman rat out his dealer to save himself legal trouble 6. Had the NFL's dirtiest player on their team 7. Had a ignorant fan post about another team's class depsite his team's "class" record being at or near the bottom of the NFL. We're getting a glipse into what the Cheatriots' fans will be like when Brady's gone (the few fans that are left, that is).
    Posted by mrmikejohnson

I am making a personal appeal to the true Patriots fans who are posting here not to rise to this bait.  Let it go and let it die. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts