Miami is just so classy arent they?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?

Here's something interesting... with the Giants and the PAT's the Tuna had a below 500% record until Belichick arrived, within a season they were in the Super Bowl.  Let's not get it twisted, Parcells is a good football guy...  if nothing else he hired Belichick to be his defensive guru.  That alone tells me he knows his stuff, the ability to lead includes being able to hire people more talented than yourself. 

The players he drafted with ALL the teams he went to became solid contributors on playoff teams.  He has an eye for talent and creating a system, I know he left New England in a bad way but I don't dismiss Krafty's involvement in that either... Terry Glenn was a punk who shouldn't have been drafted that high, he was a glorified slot receiver and Bledsoe was a diva.  He still drafted Willie Mac, Law, Milloy, Bruschi and a host of others... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotsftball. Show Patriotsftball's posts

Who cares about Miami - Has anyone heard any news in the New England camp? Anything going on about our PATS?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

arguing with rusty about BB not being god is like arguing with a muslim that allah isnt god

its just not worth it

and in this case...merling is a dummy...if anything...the phins were dummies for taking him in the first place as he is not very good

that is all

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This thread has devolved into two essential elements:

1) personal attacks (which really detract from the second);

2) the BB vs Parcells debate which always evokes strong feelings.

Name calling and character assassination are really childish.  Why not leave that out of it?

Parcells has always been a most excellent football coach and that seems to be accepted throughout this thread.  What seems to be in question is just how good a personnel guy is he?  My view is that the only measurement in that regard is how he manages the cap and other issues over the long haul.  That is not the same as how those he has drafted or signed have performed after he left but how the team performs over a period of years under his stewardship.  Does he keep the team in contention by hiring good coaches and striking a balance between talent acquisition and effective cap management?  How does he manage the myriad of issues that management of an NFL team entails and how does he do it not just now but over time? 

In my judgment, the jury will always be out on Parcells as a GM unless and until he remains in one place long enough to deal with the consequences of the majority of his personnel decisions.  I don't think that has ever been the case with him. 

My 2 cents.  (Please, I've heard and responded to every 'Your mommma [fill in as you wish]' shot ever conceived so it would be kinda boring to go that route)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they?:
    This thread has devolved into two essential elements: 1) personal attacks (which really detract from the second); 2) the BB vs Parcells debate which always evokes strong feelings. Name calling and character assassination are really childish.  Why not leave that out of it? Parcells has always been a most excellent football coach and that seems to be accepted throughout this thread.  What seems to be in question is just how good a personnel guy is he?  My view is that the only measurement in that regard is how he manages the cap and other issues over the long haul.  That is not the same as how those he has drafted or signed have performed after he left but how the team performs over a period of years under his stewardship.  Does he keep the team in contention by hiring good coaches and striking a balance between talent acquisition and effective cap management?  How does he manage the myriad of issues that management of an NFL team entails and how does he do it not just now but over time?  In my judgment, the jury will always be out on Parcells as a GM unless and until he remains in one place long enough to deal with the consequences of the majority of his personnel decisions.  I don't think that has ever been the case with him.  My 2 cents.  (Please, I've heard and responded to every 'Your mommma [fill in as you wish]' shot ever conceived so it would be kinda boring to go that route)
    Posted by ATJ

You make some excellent points.  RusG is clearly lacks the ability to think without  being overwhelmed with his passion for the Patriots and BB.  The fact that BB is a great coach and has accomplished a lot in his career does not take anything away from the Tuna.  All coaches/GMs rely on their assistants both on and off the field.  Any good coach surrounds themselves with the best coaches that fit their philosphy.  Not to do that, would be sort of stupid.  BB elected to stay with the same team for an extended period of time and in some ways that is a little easier.  You don'thave to figure out what you have every year, no changing of systems, philosophy etc.  The Tuna's greatest talent, I think, is his ability to take a team that has been really bad and in a reasonably short time, change the players, systems, and culture.  He has done it a number of times with success.  Like all good coaches, he has a plan year by year. Contracts, player development, potential FA signing are all worked within that system.  If the window is missed, you are in trouble.  The Pats faced the same thing when their defense got old very fast after failing to cap of that great 2007 season.  The fact that Parcells hasn't won superbowls with those teams is somewhat secondary.  There are many other things involved in getting to that point, many things that are sometimes outside of your control need to go right.
    There is a good reason that teams have continued to hire Parcells.  Discounting his lack of the ultimate success without BB is no different than discouting BB's lack of it since Romeo and Weis left.  BB is still a great coach, but he failed to address his aging defense and running game.  The question is, how will he react to having to resign Brady and have 2 # 1 picks to sign.  Odds are, he will not keep both. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Umm, I don't work at Taco Bell, rube. In fact, I can tell by the way you type, I likely have a much better job than yourself. Nothing I have stated here is anywhere near inaccurate.  Bill Parcells is nothing more than a coach and has done nothing of note as a GM.  Fact. You might want to learn how to type and use adult words before trying to talk down to someone, Mr. Insecure/Parcells relative. Read a book.  How clueless are you?  BB did not give Parcells the finger leaving the Jets in 2000? Really, kiddie?  Read books much? Know facts much? Why did Parcells's contract force BB to become head coach when Parcells resigned?  Hmmm. Maybe it was because Parcells NEVER won SQUAT without BB by his side??  Also, the Pats did not give up 35 points to GB.  One TD was a Special Teams TD, reject.  Get your facts straight. Funny how you "insinuate" where I work, my edcuational background, etc, yet many of us here know far more than you do on this topic. No contest.  Next. As for Favre, his injuries with a "torn bicep" is nothing more than an excuse.  His last game of that season was an embarassment. Classic Favre. Just throw the game away.
    Posted by russgriswold

You need to brush up on your history. It was not Parcells contact that stipulated BB would be the head coach, it was BB's contract.  It was both a safety valve for Parcells and security for BB as the assistant head coach.  The question is, why did the Patriots receive greater compensation for Parcells leaving under contract than the Jets did when BB quit so that he could have ultimate power in New England? Is it that anti Patriot conspiracy?
    I agree with you about that torn bicep.  How pathetic in Farve, throwing so poorly with a torn bicpe in his throwing arm. At least Brady had the decency to sit the year out when his fantom knee injury happened. 

"Also, the Pats did not give up 35 points to GB"  Who was that that gave up those 35 points? Whose special teams played in that game?  If you are trying to make a point, you didn't. It seems likely that patsstats may be on target with the Taco Bell/GED statements. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Aggravated Battery...That means he slapped her around at the least. When they say assault that could be anything and doesn't even have to be physically Violent. This guy is definitely scum. This is good ammo for the Miami trolls that take shots at us. Miami and the Jets are Both doing their best to keep the Work release program going.
    Posted by ewhite1065

To get back to the topic of this thread;

assault is verbal threats only. battery is an "offensive touching". "aggravated" anything means especially nasty, like with a deadly weapon, inflicting serious injury or, in some jurisdictions, against a child or woman. Aggravated battery is a felony, even in Florida.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : Because when trolls are insecure, they resort to name calling. They haven't educated themselves on these concepts.  Bill Parcells resigned knowing BB would automatically be the coach, but then you have to ask WHY did he resign? He resigned because he knew with the loss of Hess as owner, things would be changing.  Parcells ALWAYS has to control things and he ALWAYS quits.  It's been a pattern of his since he became the once great coach, 20 years ago. My premise is the exact same thing it was at the start of this thread: Parcells has never succeeded as a GM. Not yet, anyway. I agree he has to be somewhere for a certain period to see it through, but that also ties into my point. The second something isn't to his liking, he quits and then goes somewhere else. The lone success as GM is a division title in 2008 because Brady had his leg blown out. Dallas? Any division titles?  How many playoff wins when he and Jerry Jones were running the show?
    Posted by russgriswold

You have helped those trying to make the point of just how stupid you are. 
    In the same post, here's what you write."Parcells has never succeeded as a GM." then, "The lone success as GM is a division title in 2008 "

Clearly Parcells resigned as head coach to either try to keep BB from going to the Patriots or to ensure he got compensation.  Clearly, he knew he had an offer from Kraft, so he did the next best thing, got compensation.  But why was that compensation so much less than what the Patriots got for Parcells leaving?  And furthermore, why didn't BB just stay in New England in '97?
    So, a coach is not allowed to resign?  Didn't BB quit as HC of the NYJs?  At least that is what his note said.  Is it still quitting after you've been there for 9 years.  When BB leaves the Patriots will he be quitting, would that take away from his sucess?  Is it better to get fired from a team than to quit?  All good questions that I don't think someone like you would be able to answer.  Anyone else?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Here's an interesting site on the # of arrests by team - leading the way (since 2007) Jacksonville, followed by Miami and Denver... http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/6308/Bengals-lead-the-NFL-with-31-arrests-since-2000/Default.aspx

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : Because when trolls are insecure, they resort to name calling. They haven't educated themselves on these concepts.  Bill Parcells resigned knowing BB would automatically be the coach, but then you have to ask WHY did he resign? He resigned because he knew with the loss of Hess as owner, things would be changing.  Parcells ALWAYS has to control things and he ALWAYS quits.  It's been a pattern of his since he became the once great coach, 20 years ago. My premise is the exact same thing it was at the start of this thread: Parcells has never succeeded as a GM. Not yet, anyway. I agree he has to be somewhere for a certain period to see it through, but that also ties into my point. The second something isn't to his liking, he quits and then goes somewhere else. The lone success as GM is a division title in 2008 because Brady had his leg blown out. Dallas? Any division titles?  How many playoff wins when he and Jerry Jones were running the show?
    Posted by russgriswold
    ....speaking of name calling "insecure trolls" may I quote Russ the "all knowing oracle"...."Umm, I don't work at Taco Bell, rube. In fact, I can tell by the way you type, I likely have a much better job than yourself."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

He's Ernie Adams

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : If he wasn't such complete tool, I'd think that russ was actually BB.  That is the only possible answer for the complete and utter devotion.
    Posted by PatStats

i would say that is a very fair assessment

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : If he wasn't such complete tool, I'd think that russ was actually BB.  That is the only possible answer for the complete and utter devotion.
    Posted by PatStats

Four days on this board and all you've done is argue trivia and insult people.

Why don't you take your lame act on the road? The jests never seem to have enough azzholes, I'm sure they'd welcome one more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

its funny too that unclealfie rips another poster for arguing trivia

you mean people argue on the internet?

no way

maybe you should change your screenname to uncleobvious to avoid any further misconceptions about the internet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : They weren't beating a superior team in GB anyway, dummy. Who is the idot?? You're the idiot. Glad we could help answer that for you. You do realize some of Belichick's SB Ds, statistially, never ranked that high, correct?  Stats don't mean everything, but we wouldn't expect you to know that.  Stick to trash pick up and the volatile attitude. It suits you well. How ironic, a guy named "PatStats" thinks stats mean everything in a BB defense. Hilarious. You're a troll. You have 9 posts, all since 5/28.  You aren't fooling anyone.
    Posted by russgriswold

internet credibility has very little to do with length of time spent on one website

if it did, then maybe al gore sans tipper, really did invent the internet

argument is everything and most arguments that you make are nothing short of an epic failure

you would do much better to post from itouchedBB'sweiner.com

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

For crying out loud, guys.  Does it make a rats a ss worth of difference who started what with the name calling?  And, no, this is not my first day on the internet or in this forum.  We don't need to all get along but it would be really great to see a disagreement of views that didn't stoop to the personal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

When did Bill become GM?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Belichick

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

"Jimmy-Jack", I'll leave your last statment as an obvious win on my part.  All you have left is cute one liners that aren't funny.   Don't quite your day job. Otherwise, I'd say you like to watch males run around in white panties with pink and teal trim, which actually is true.  lol You still cannot tell us Parcells's successes as GM.  This is the dead giveaway as to why you fail here, alongside the other trolls on this topic. My premise stands.  And stands tall.  People confuse Parcells the coach with Parcells the GM.  Parcells was a successful coach at one time,, and so far, has accomplished little as GM. There is a reason why domineering owners like Davis, Jones, Snyder, etc don't win in the cap era. Parcells has done NOTHING as GM because he's just that;  way too domineering.  An large ego is a killer as is someone getting as old he is without accomplishing much as a GM. You and your boyfriend are trolls.
    Posted by russgriswold

aw, my one-liners arent funny to you because of their direction...well when you get out of those huggies someday, maybe you'll realize that people dont exist on the basis they have to be nice to an a.s.s-kissing clown such as yourself

secondly, i never argued in this thread, nor any other that Parcells was a great coach or GM...because its not even really an argument...the man knows football through and through...just because he didnt win it all every year or because he has less world titles than your god, it doesnt mean that parcells hasnt forgotten more football than you have ever learned about

but i see you went right into gay bashing me...awesome...i hope the mods are all over this and ban your dumb a.s.s. for your wonderfully ignorant comments

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikejohnson. Show mrmikejohnson's posts

Yes, this is the first case of an NFL player hitting in a woman in NFL history.  It's not like it happen 14 times last offseason.  This can't possibly be the posting of a jealous Cheatriots fan who's attacking the teams that are going to overthrow them when Brady retires.

The Cheatriots attacking another team because of lack of class is like the Lakers attacking another team for being too glitzy.

Let's see, in the past decade, the Cheatriots have:

1. run up the score on several different teams (real classy)
    2. Cheated their way to super bowls (real classy)
    3. had the head coach destroy Ted Johnson's life over one regular season game (should be in jail)
    4. Had more players than the Dolphins have legal problems (including spousal abuse, transporting large amounts of marijuana for sale, and steroid use)
    5. Had a lineman rat out his dealer to save himself legal trouble
    6. Had the NFL's dirtiest player on their team
    7. Had a ignorant fan post about another team's class depsite his team's "class" record being at or near the bottom of the NFL.

We're getting a glipse into what the Cheatriots' fans will be like when Brady's gone (the few fans that are left, that is).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Yes, this is the first case of an NFL player hitting in a woman in NFL history.  It's not like it happen 14 times last offseason.  This can't possibly be the posting of a jealous Cheatriots fan who's attacking the teams that are going to overthrow them when Brady retires. The Cheatriots attacking another team because of lack of class is like the Lakers attacking another team for being too glitzy. Let's see, in the past decade, the Cheatriots have:   1. run up the score on several different teams (real classy) 2. Cheated their way to super bowls (real classy) 3. had the head coach destroy Ted Johnson's life over one regular season game (should be in jail) 4. Had more players than the Dolphins have legal problems (including spousal abuse, transporting large amounts of marijuana for sale, and steroid use) 5. Had a lineman rat out his dealer to save himself legal trouble 6. Had the NFL's dirtiest player on their team 7. Had a ignorant fan post about another team's class depsite his team's "class" record being at or near the bottom of the NFL. We're getting a glipse into what the Cheatriots' fans will be like when Brady's gone (the few fans that are left, that is).
    Posted by mrmikejohnson

I am making a personal appeal to the true Patriots fans who are posting here not to rise to this bait.  Let it go and let it die. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : They weren't beating a superior team in GB anyway, dummy. Who is the idot?? You're the idiot. Glad we could help answer that for you. You do realize some of Belichick's SB Ds, statistially, never ranked that high, correct?  Stats don't mean everything, but we wouldn't expect you to know that.  Stick to trash pick up and the volatile attitude. It suits you well. How ironic, a guy named "PatStats" thinks stats mean everything in a BB defense. Hilarious. You're a troll. You have 9 posts, all since 5/28.  You aren't fooling anyone.
    Posted by russgriswold

Aren't you the fool that kept posting that the Pats only had 1 less sack than the Jets and that we led the league in rushing points allowed?  Maybe stats only matter when you use them?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

"Jimmy-Jack", I'll leave your last statment as an obvious win on my part.  All you have left is cute one liners that aren't funny.   Don't quite your day job. Otherwise, I'd say you like to watch males run around in white panties with pink and teal trim, which actually is true.  lol You still cannot tell us Parcells's successes as GM.  This is the dead giveaway as to why you fail here, alongside the other trolls on this topic. My premise stands.  And stands tall.  People confuse Parcells the coach with Parcells the GM.  Parcells was a successful coach at one time,, and so far, has accomplished little as GM. There is a reason why domineering owners like Davis, Jones, Snyder, etc don't win in the cap era. Parcells has done NOTHING as GM because he's just that;  way too domineering.  An large ego is a killer as is someone getting as old he is without accomplishing much as a GM. You and your boyfriend are trolls.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yes, don't QUITE your day job (whatever that means) because Russ is smarter, stronger, has more money, a better job and can spell and type better than you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Posted by russgriswold

waaaaa, Parcells wanted control over his roster.  What kind of idiot coach wants that (besides BB, Sabin, Holmgren.....) Here's just a few of your problems, skippy.  You contradict yourself in almost every post.  You say Parcells accomplished nothing as GM then you write Parcells won the division in Miami (but only because he got lucky, right?)
    You say,
    "And,  the irony is, if he wasn't being so selfish leading up to the SB in Janaury 1997, maybe, just maybe, he would have 3 rings instead of JUST the 2 he only won because he had BB mastering game plans to shut down juggernaut offenses."
    Then you say
    "They weren't beating a superior team in GB anyway" after the fact that  the great BB gave up all those points was thrown in your face.
    So which is it?   Was it Parcells selfishness that caused BB to lose the Superbowl or did they never actually have chance?

Was BB the GM in Cleveland?  Let me let you in on a secret, the fact that BB is a great coach and has done fair with drafting and FA pick ups has nothing to do with how good Parcells is (or any other coach).  The same goes for Brady.  Manning does not have to be a horrible QB in order for Brady to be a good one.  You can not seem to ever make an argument without having to slight an opposing player etc.  You even need to slam former PAtriot players once they leave.  They are the greatest thing when they are here, then they are the worst.  Gauranteed you will treat BB the same way once he QUITS, because that is just the worst thing in the world.  I suspect BB will be gone right about the same time as the real reason for our success, Tom Brady.  I guess that means he could leave next year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Miami is just so classy arent they? : A stat is a reference, not the end all be all. I said that to defuse the rubes who are claiming the Jets D is the '85 Bears.  Hilarious to even make that claim. Stats are a starting point, but don't always capture the entire context. Good god. Please get to a local community college at least. And don't procreate. Thanks.  - The Taxpayers
    Posted by russgriswold

I don't recall anyone making that comparrison.  Although I bet you could find someone in the vast anti Patriot media to say that.  Why would that sack stat defuse anything?  As you have been told repeatedly, defense is ranked on points given up, not upon your love for BB, what happened, three years ago or what might happen in three years.  It is actually pretty simple to understand, for most. The Jets D was what it was, which happens to be the best defense last year.  I for one, am curious to see what they can do now that all those new guys are in their second year.  I sure hope they don't get even better.   

Sections
Shortcuts