Miami saving Pat White for the Pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Miami saving Pat White for the Pats?

Last year, Miami saved the wildcat for the Pats.  What if they are doing the same with Pat White this year?  White has only played 13 snaps all season.  And Miami has only passed on 4 plays out of the wildcat this season, with only one completion (I think).  So what if Miami has secretly been developing a passing wildcat with direct snaps to Pat White?  And most importantly, who will get the most picks against White if they do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Miami saving Pat White for the Pats?

In Response to Miami saving Pat White for the Pats?:
    [QUOTE]Last year, Miami saved the wildcat for the Pats.  What if they are doing the same with Pat White this year?  White has only played 13 snaps all season.  And Miami has only passed on 4 plays out of the wildcat this season, with only one completion (I think).  So what if Miami has secretly been developing a passing wildcat with direct snaps to Pat White?  And most importantly, who will get the most picks against White if they do?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Sounds cocky - I love the Patriots as much as anyone, but Miami had leads at halftime against both the Colts and the Saints and have shown they can sit with the big boys' table.

I think it's huge that the Patriots stuff the Dolphins on first down to force long yardage situations (made easier by my suspicion that the Dolphins will almost always run on first down), which will make third downs easier and allow the defense to get off of the field.  If they can do this, all they have to do is prevent the big play.

I see much trickery in Sunday's game because I think that's the only way the Dolphins win in our house when the Pats have had an extra week to prepare.  I say be wary and respect them until they show they don't deserve it on the field.  Even Joey Porter is holding his tongue relative to his typical self.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

NO. They will run on every ist down and use White in trick plays. He has nothing to offer us as in new tricks we have not seen 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I hope they do try and unleash Pat White on us so that our D backs can T off on him and get a few pick 6 on his a ss. Pat White is not an NFL QB so I say let him pass all they want cause all it does is increase our chances of winning. They are not surprising anyone this year with their wild cat so I say bring it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't think you can rule out using White for more trick plays, or involving him more in the wildcat.  I would.  The Pats were taken by surprise last year and it worked.  Why not at least try a surprise again?  Furthermore, QB's without much film to study have had some pretty good games against us.  Sometimes I hate to see the Pats playing against a backup QB.  It seems like they play better against the starter.  Is it just me who has noticed that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

They caught the Pats with their pants around their ankles last year, I don't see that happening again. 
    White's only a threat on the ground and Brown and Williams already have that covered. I agree, let him come in and throw. It'll only help.

If we get up on these guys early it's over.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I have noticed that as well Caraway and I think its because this team is so focused on watching film and prep work and when the play a guy with not as much film on him they cant prepare for him as well. I think this team is all about the prep work and when we dont have it down guys play well against us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Miami saving Pat White for the Pats?:
    [QUOTE]I have noticed that as well Caraway and I think its because this team is so focused on watching film and prep work and when the play a guy with not as much film on him they cant prepare for him as well. I think this team is all about the prep work and when we dont have it down guys play well against us.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

You are both correct, but I think in the case of White, a key draft pick, he will be treated as a star player and planned for vs a maybe backup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I agree we will be ready for him and im not worried at all. In fact I hope he does throw against us so we can pick him off all day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

As a PAT's fan living in Miami one thing I've learned watching the Phins is that Pat White can't throw at all.  He stinks, Ronnie Brown throws as well or better...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Miami saving Pat White for the Pats? : Sounds cocky - I love the Patriots as much as anyone, but Miami had leads at halftime against both the Colts and the Saints and have shown they can sit with the big boys' table. I think it's huge that the Patriots stuff the Dolphins on first down to force long yardage situations (made easier by my suspicion that the Dolphins will almost always run on first down), which will make third downs easier and allow the defense to get off of the field.  If they can do this, all they have to do is prevent the big play. I see much trickery in Sunday's game because I think that's the only way the Dolphins win in our house when the Pats have had an extra week to prepare.  I say be wary and respect them until they show they don't deserve it on the field.  Even Joey Porter is holding his tongue relative to his typical self.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

The Colts and Saints had never seen the wildcat before so the halftime leads were not surprising. What happened after the halftime adjustments by both defenses is the more telling stat.

Last season we hadn't seen the wildcat the first game either plus we were just breaking Cassel in. What happened the second time we met?

I'm not saying a win is a given but if we lose it will be because we didn't execute not because we don't know what's coming. Besides the Fins have to outscore us and Miami ranks 17th in overall defense and 21st in passing D.

You are right that holding them to short gains on 1st down and getting some early points up will completely kill their ability to run the wildcat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Geesus I hope not. He stinks on ice. I don't know what Parcells fascination with this guy is. They should have drafted a true wideout..lord knows we need them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You should have traded for Crabtree when you had the chance cause the Phins have nothing at wideout.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB knows about the mildcat. He and most of his players saw the mildcat in the second game against Miami last season, and they shut it down.

As for Pat White, he is a rookie.  He's making rookie mistakes.  That's the first reason why he's not on the field.  The second reason is because he can't make NFL-quality throws on the run, and all the other defensive coordinators know this.  If White rolls out, he's either a 190 pound running back (good luck kid, you're going to be hit by falling trees) or he's going to make a few bad throws and bad throwing decisions.

If defensive linemen stay in their lanes and contain Pat White, he's just a mediocre bad-throwing quarterback trapped in the pocket, plus at 6'0" he can neither see over nor throw over any 6 foot 4 inch defensive lineman who partially pushes the pocket inward.  Check out the size of the Patriots' linemen sometime.

Julian Edelman is probably a better QB than Pat White at this point.  Edelman has a brain and can work himself onto the field as directed.  Maybe the second game after Edelman returns, expect him to take an end-around or a reverse, then zing one downfield.

BTW, putting Brady in the above list is just too tempting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

i think Pat White has no future in the NFL. I'm sure if Miami could do it again, they wouldn't draft him in the 2nd round.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

This whole discussion is about nothing..really. He probably won't even be used this weekend. I'd be more concerned about Ricky williams and Ronnie Brown. Chad Henne is also going to take at least 4 shots down the field..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrislb. Show chrislb's posts

White is not powerful enough, one guy can take him down and Pats defense is way to fast, he would be very ineffective.

Weak tackling has plagued the Pats all year so Williams and Brown will see plenty of action in all offensive sets, wildcat or otherwise.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]This whole discussion is about nothing..really. Chad Henne is also going to take at least 4 shots

Posted by perfect72[/QUOTE]

Amen brotha!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I actually think Henne is a decent young QB however if he trys to go deep on the Pats he will regret it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Vanna White has a better arm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]Vanna White has a better arm.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Better legs, too.