Miami stickin' with the Wildcat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWPilk. Show RWPilk's posts

Miami stickin' with the Wildcat

We all saw it Sunday. It had us scratching our heads last year, but they're still using it and some people are saying Miami could burn up the second half of their schedule with it. What do you guys think? Is it a passing fad, or is this the real deal?

More here:

http://sweetflaccoaction.blogspot.com/2009/11/miami-nice-year-two-of-wildcat.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Miami stickin' with the Wildcat

It's not a secret any more and yet Miami has success with it.  Especially with Pennington out I believe they depend on it working.  They do have the OL and RBs to run it.  The bottom line is it gives Miami a chance to win.

It's not a high scoring offense.  It's ball control and taking time off the clock.  The problem with it is it's not a come from behind type of offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Miami stickin' with the Wildcat:
    [QUOTE]We all saw it Sunday. It had us scratching our heads last year, but they're still using it and some people are saying Miami could burn up the second half of their schedule with it. What do you guys think? Is it a passing fad, or is this the real deal? More here: http://sweetflaccoaction.blogspot.com/2009/11/miami-nice-year-two-of-wildcat.html
    Posted by RWPilk[/QUOTE]

It's a good wrinkle to have but if it's all you have your $crewed.This is close to having Michael Vick as your quarterback. He looked awesome for a season or so and then teams got used to defensing him and Atlanta started sliding as a team. The wildcat is good if they use it 10 plays a game but if you are depending on it you will lose in the long run. The reason why teams don't run the option in the pros is because defenses are too fast and the pitch under pressure is high risk. Most of these wildcat plays take a long   time to develop. If you can focus on that primarily as a defense you can blow it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Even with four different looks you can't depend solely on it. Maybe if Pat White was a threat to throw it accurately downfield it may be something. 
    I will say they should s**t or get off the pot. Either use White in it or stop using it because it hurts Henne's ability to get more reps in and develop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWPilk. Show RWPilk's posts

It's one of those things that announcers love jabberin' about, but I feel like it's something that would get real gimmicky, real fast. Still, like stated before, it's no secret anymore and it's still putting up some success.

More here, guys:

http://sweetflaccoaction.blogspot.com/2009/11/miami-nice-year-two-of-wildcat.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Dead Cat Bounce: Even a dead cat bounces when it hits the pavement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I've seen other posters mention that the single wing gives Miami its best chance to win, given its personnel, and that makes sense to me. I saw Henne throw some pretty good balls last weekend, but Miami simply doesn't have quality receivers. It's also worth noting that, while other teams have put in a few "wildcat" formations and tinkered with it, Miami is the only team that runs it effectively on a fairly regular basis. Again, I think that's personnel. I don't see that offense as a long-term solution for any team, but given what they have to work with at this point, it seems like the Dolphins are doing alright with it. I mean, they're record may not be much, but they gave both the Pats and the Colts all they wanted before succumbing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Why ditch what's brought you to 3-5.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Miami stickin' with the Wildcat:
    [QUOTE]Why ditch what's brought you to 3-5.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Lol - great point !!!