Miami.........Good for Mallett outlook??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Miami.........Good for Mallett outlook??

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray can be had in the second round for any team that is in love with tall, strong arm quarterbacks. I'd be phsyched if we could get a second rounder for Mallett, but I don't see a third round pick - who has done nothing in the NFL - bringing in a second round pick.

I wonder how much money Miami has tied into their quarterback position right now? 10 million? More? 

What has Bray done in the NFL? He will cost more than Mallett and he hasn't been trained by BB and Brady.

Are you this dumb? Like, seriously?

Well let's see...neither has done anything in the NFL, so that's a wash. Bray will cost more than Mallett? So what you're saying is that Mallett will be cheaper than Bray if Bray goes in the second round? What's Mallett in his third year? I imagine his salary will be somewhat similar to Bray's - and then you can throw in the fact that Mallett will probably be looking for a new deal. 

Yeah and I know this whole "been trained by Belichick and Brady" thing is really high on your list, but then again there is 10000 other quarterbacks that haven't been trained by BB and Brady either. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Now that Brady's resigned, Mallet will never get a shot. need to trade him. Bring in a seasoned QB like Cassell or matt hasselback as a backup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Bb won't trade mallet for a low pick, and Lombardi won't acquire mallet if it means mortgaging his fUture. He has a team to build. Best way to do that is Get your franchise QB and build around him. Lombardi thinks high of mallet, but how high?...doubtful it's a 1st. 2nd round would have been perfect, plus a 4th. My guess if it happens with Lombardi, its a 3rd this year and a second/third next Year.....that sounds about right for him . Not too steep and Lombardi gets his man...

You know Clev's 3rd this year and a 2nd next year would be good enough for me. I would take that and run. You can get Mallett's replacement in Glennon (very similar QB with the same off field issues causing him to drop) with our 3rd pick and essentially be moving up in the 3rd and a 2nd next year. Well worth that value

I would take a 2013 3rd and a 2014 2nd for Mallett too.  That 2014 2nd would likely be a top-10 pick in Round 2.  It is the Browns we're talking about.

Maybe more realistic would be a 3rd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I think BB will trade Mallet IF he can get a 2nd and 4th kinda deal since the Pats don't have a 4th, 5th or 6th. No way he trades him for a 3rd. Why would you pick a kid in the 3rd round who was projected to go 1st last year, if not for the off field pot thing----then he trains for a year under Brady with no off field problems and now you want to trade him for the same pick---NO way he's worth a 2nd and a 2nd next year--with this QB situation being as gloomy as I can recollect---c'mon Gino Smith at # 8 to the Bills? In a good QB draft class this kid would be 2nd round easy--Great time to see who's desperate for a QB and trade Mallet. Might even get Ditka like lucky,(whole draft and then some for RICKY WILLIAMS) and get a 1st and 3rd for the guy with some screwball GM that is starving for a QB--because in this league good luck getting anywhere without a good QB!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Mallett to brownies for 2nd is what Im sticking with, if mallett is indeed traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

Mallett to brownies for 2nd is what Im sticking with, if mallett is indeed traded.

I'd be satisfied with that if it could happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Mallett has two years of tutelage under a HOF QB, which can only help his development.  And he's managed to keep himsef out of the newspaper for off the field stuff.  I still cannot see the Pats getting a high pick for him at this point, but I am sure they will try.  Never say never, but I don't see it, just my opinion.