Michael Bennett Rotator Cuff

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Michael Bennett Rotator Cuff

have you resorted to arguing with your self?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

seems the injury was known and the 1 year offer at $5m reflected the injury. Also seems he played 16 games at a high level last year with the injury

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont think it was a bad signing by seattle, but i think the pats can do without the guy if they sign abraham.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

HIlarious. Everyone was praising Seattle for all these trendy moves and this one happens to be a disaster.

Now, the Ravens are calling themselves a "dream team" like the Eagles of 2 years ago.

Absolutely priceless. Yes, you lose your HOF MLB and FS along with 4 other starters on D and you won't miss a beat! lol

Jets will also not miss a beat.  Changing out almost your entire starting D is a positive.

so he gets surgery and is ready for the season or even for 8-10 games...seattle only paid for one year and they have big talent on both sides of the ball so i am sure they can hold the fort till he comes in and that just might put them over the top-it's only 5 million

the ravens? i don't like that silly quote either but one big difference than the eagles: ravens just won sb and have been a better overall organization for yrs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

HIlarious. Everyone was praising Seattle for all these trendy moves and this one happens to be a disaster.

Now, the Ravens are calling themselves a "dream team" like the Eagles of 2 years ago.

Absolutely priceless. Yes, you lose your HOF MLB and FS along with 4 other starters on D and you won't miss a beat! lol

Jets will also not miss a beat.  Changing out almost your entire starting D is a positive.

so he gets surgery and is ready for the season or even for 8-10 games...seattle only paid for one year and they have big talent on both sides of the ball so i am sure they can hold the fort till he comes in and that just might put them over the top-it's only 5 million

the ravens? i don't like that silly quote either but one big difference than the eagles: ravens just won sb and have been a better overall organization for yrs

wow jints, im impressed. when you're not accusing people of being rusty clones, you might actually add something to this forum. i agree on both of your points, i dont think the pats are dumb for not going after bennett, but the seahawks will be a great defense regardless of whether bennett is healthy or not and if he is, it will just be a bonus imo....and the ravens are no dream team, but they are the defending champs, so i guess they can say what they want.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

seems the injury was known and the 1 year offer at $5m reflected the injury. Also seems he played 16 games at a high level last year with the injury

"seems"

lol

Sure, RKarp. Sure.

so Seatle gave him a physical and thought he would miss the season but still signed him?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

"seems"

lol

Sure, RKarp. Sure.

so Seatle gave him a physical and thought he would miss the season but still signed him?

see what i said rkarp i think u will agree...i think it's a smart move by seattle and they will be dangerous again this yr

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It is pretty obvious the entire NFL knew about the injury.  It is the reason Bennett couldn't get a longer term more lucrative deal.  Also this:

"According to a source with knowledge of the details, Bennett received a $1.5 million signing bonus and a $3 million base salary, which is guaranteed. Bennett can earn $200,000 in incentives tied to sacks and has $300,000 in "per game active" roster bonuses, valued at $18,750 each. Unlike their NFC West rivals in San Francisco, the Seahawks do not regularly use "per game active" roster bonuses as part of their contracts. In fact, Bennett is currently the only player on the Seahawks' roster who has a contract that includes "per game active" roster bonuses, which shows that the team knows there's a possible reason to suspect Bennett might not play a full slate of games in 2013."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

wow, Rusty is on quite the losing streak wth information. Looks like he is what, zero for the month of March?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It was a good signing.

Teams obviously knew about it, that's why he didnt have much of a market.

No different than signing a cb to a one year deal who has had a history of hip problems.

One year deal is a small gamble.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

It was a good signing.

No different than signing a cb to a one year deal who has had a history of hip problems.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Would probably get a similar reception to the Haynesworth and Talib acquisitions at the time the acquisition was made.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It was a good signing.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Would probably get a similar reception to the Haynesworth and Talib acquisitions at the time the acquisition was made.

And what reaction was that?

So, the market in 2011 is the same as it is now?   Please explain. 

I don't know what the reaction was. I liked both moves, just as I wouldve liked the Bennett move.

Would probably like the Bennett move more because it didn't cost a draft pick.

A one year 5 million dollar deal isn't going to kill the Seahawks if it doesn't work out. If it does, they get a decent dlineman and potentially a future compensation pick if he bolts.

Can't see how this move really hurts the Seahawks. Not like they need him. They'll be good without him, probably better with him. How this team fares in the future won't rest on Bennett's rotator cuff. If they didn't sign Avril and were relying on this guy to be the main source of pass rush, then that might be a different story.

It's low risk and high reward. I don't see why that's hard for you to understand. A move like Talib has way more risk because of the lack of depth at corner and, if I'm not mistaken, you liked that signing.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It was a good signing.

Umm, and if BB did this?

I don't know what the reaction was. I liked both moves, just as I wouldve liked the Bennett move.

A one year 5 million dollar deal isn't going to kill the Seahawks if it doesn't work out. If it does, they get a decent dlineman and potentially a future compensation pick if he bolts.

Can't see how this move really hurts the Seahawks. Not like they need him. They'll be good without him, probably better with him. How this team fares in the future won't rest on Bennett's rotator cuff. If they didn't sign Avril and were relying on this guy to be the main source of pass rush, then that might be a different story.

It's low risk and high reward. I don't see why that's hard for you to understand. A move like Talib has way more risk because of the lack of depth at corner and, if I'm not mistaken, you liked that signing.

Umm, I happen to like 3 down game changers who teams fear who don't have rotator cuff problems needing to tackle. Yes.

Jesus Christ, dude.

What on earth?

Talib was a top 10 pick in 2008 barring character issues. What was Michael Bennett?

Talib has had a lot of hip issues and some hamstring issues...which are pretty important for a cornerback.

Talib is a gamechanger, both on and off the field...which is why going with him and not having a viable backup is high risk and high reward.

Michael Bennett is a depth signing...and it's of a guy who is coming off his best season while playing with a torn rotator cuff.

Explain to me the rationale of bringing up the where these guys were ranked during the draft.

I guess McFadden would be a better signing than Foster because he was actually a top 10 pick. Or maybe take Gholston over Melton.

Seriously? Why the hell are you usuing draft projections as an argument? Especially when the hometown team happens to have a HOF QB who was taken in the 6th round.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

It was a good signing.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Umm, I happen to like 3 down game changers who teams fear who don't have rotator cuff problems needing to tackle. Yes.

Jesus Christ, dude.

What on earth?

Talib was a top 10 pick in 2008 barring character issues. What was Michael Bennett?

Talib has had a lot of hip issues and some hamstring issues...which are pretty important for a cornerback.

Talib is a gamechanger, both on and off the field...which is why going with him and not having a viable backup is high risk and high reward.

Michael Bennett is a depth signing...and it's of a guy who is coming off his best season while playing with a torn rotator cuff.

Explain to me the rationale of bringing up the where these guys were ranked during the draft.

I guess McFadden would be a better signing than Foster because he was actually a top 10 pick. Or maybe take Gholston over Melton.

Seriously? Why the hell are you usuing draft projections as an argument? Especially when the hometown team happens to have a HOF QB who was taken in the 6th round.

beat me to it

25. This post has been removed.