In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

It was a good signing.

Teams obviously knew about it, that's why he didnt have much of a market.

No different than signing a cb to a one year deal who has had a history of hip problems.

One year deal is a small gamble.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Would probably get a similar reception to the Haynesworth and Talib acquisitions at the time the acquisition was made.

And what reaction was that?

So, the market in 2011 is the same as it is now?   Please explain. 

I don't know what the reaction was. I liked both moves, just as I wouldve liked the Bennett move.

Would probably like the Bennett move more because it didn't cost a draft pick.

A one year 5 million dollar deal isn't going to kill the Seahawks if it doesn't work out. If it does, they get a decent dlineman and potentially a future compensation pick if he bolts.

Can't see how this move really hurts the Seahawks. Not like they need him. They'll be good without him, probably better with him. How this team fares in the future won't rest on Bennett's rotator cuff. If they didn't sign Avril and were relying on this guy to be the main source of pass rush, then that might be a different story.

It's low risk and high reward. I don't see why that's hard for you to understand. A move like Talib has way more risk because of the lack of depth at corner and, if I'm not mistaken, you liked that signing.

Umm, I happen to like 3 down game changers who teams fear who don't have rotator cuff problems needing to tackle. Yes.

Jesus Christ, dude.

What on earth?

Talib was a top 10 pick in 2008 barring character issues. What was Michael Bennett?

Talib has had a lot of hip issues and some hamstring issues...which are pretty important for a cornerback.

Talib is a gamechanger, both on and off the field...which is why going with him and not having a viable backup is high risk and high reward.

Michael Bennett is a depth signing...and it's of a guy who is coming off his best season while playing with a torn rotator cuff.

Explain to me the rationale of bringing up the where these guys were ranked during the draft.

I guess McFadden would be a better signing than Foster because he was actually a top 10 pick. Or maybe take Gholston over Melton.

Seriously? Why the hell are you usuing draft projections as an argument? Especially when the hometown team happens to have a HOF QB who was taken in the 6th round.

beat me to it

Oh  my.  You two are apparently not aware of the market now and vs when Talib came into it. Dunta Robinson got like 10 mil per as did Samuel.   

No offense, you're both obtuse. One is a Pats fan who doesn't get it and then a troll follows up. Oh my. It was also pre rookie cap where QB, CB and RB were bloated rookie deals pre 2012.

Just stupidity at its best. A flooded CB market and Talib the best of the bunch at 5 million and we have dumbos questioning what it means in the market. LOL!

more babble and triple speak ^^^^

and you missed the point as usual

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Michael Bennett Rotator Cuff

It was a good signing.

No different than signing a cb to a one year deal who has had a history of hip problems.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Would probably get a similar reception to the Haynesworth and Talib acquisitions at the time the acquisition was made.

I don't know what the reaction was. I liked both moves, just as I wouldve liked the Bennett move.

A one year 5 million dollar deal isn't going to kill the Seahawks if it doesn't work out. If it does, they get a decent dlineman and potentially a future compensation pick if he bolts.

Can't see how this move really hurts the Seahawks. Not like they need him. They'll be good without him, probably better with him. How this team fares in the future won't rest on Bennett's rotator cuff. If they didn't sign Avril and were relying on this guy to be the main source of pass rush, then that might be a different story.

It's low risk and high reward. I don't see why that's hard for you to understand. A move like Talib has way more risk because of the lack of depth at corner and, if I'm not mistaken, you liked that signing.

Umm, I happen to like 3 down game changers who teams fear who don't have rotator cuff problems needing to tackle. Yes.

Jesus Christ, dude.

What on earth?

Talib was a top 10 pick in 2008 barring character issues. What was Michael Bennett?

Talib has had a lot of hip issues and some hamstring issues...which are pretty important for a cornerback.

Talib is a gamechanger, both on and off the field...which is why going with him and not having a viable backup is high risk and high reward.

Michael Bennett is a depth signing...and it's of a guy who is coming off his best season while playing with a torn rotator cuff.

Explain to me the rationale of bringing up the where these guys were ranked during the draft.

I guess McFadden would be a better signing than Foster because he was actually a top 10 pick. Or maybe take Gholston over Melton.

Seriously? Why the hell are you usuing draft projections as an argument? Especially when the hometown team happens to have a HOF QB who was taken in the 6th round.

The market and impact in 2013.  Talib was a top 10 projected pick in 2008 and for obvious reasons, and fell.

If BB had not gotten Talib with such a good deal now and then got Bennett with a shoulder issue as an unknown in 2013, people would have erupted.

Please don't compare something like rehabbing and educating a player on how to be better protect a hamstring to reconstructive rotator cuff surgery either.

You know as well as I do, people would have BB strung up right now if he chose Bennett.

First, that still doesn't justify your drafting argument. Who you were projected to be in 2008 doesn't mean anything now. Plenty of players who were projected to be studs didn't pan out, and vice versa.

Also, comparing the Pats and Seahawks situation is different. 

Bennett is going to the #1 ranked defense in terms of points. He isn't being asked to be a savior.

Signing Bennett to be your number 1 pass rusher is different than signing a guy who could potentially be your 4th best pass rusher by playoff time (Avril, Clemons, Irvin, Bennett) are completely different things.

This move isn't a disaster. Percy Harvin could end up being disaster. If this guy doesn't pan out, I wouldn't even consider it a minor set back for the team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

It was a good signing.

Umm, and if BB did this?

Jesus Christ, dude.

What on earth?

The market and impact in 2013.  Talib was a top 10 projected pick in 2008 and for obvious reasons, and fell.

If BB had not gotten Talib with such a good deal now and then got Bennett with a shoulder issue as an unknown in 2013, people would have erupted.

Please don't compare something like rehabbing and educating a player on how to be better protect a hamstring to reconstructive rotator cuff surgery either.

You know as well as I do, people would have BB strung up right now if he chose Bennett.

First, that still doesn't justify your drafting argument. Who you were projected to be in 2008 doesn't mean anything now. Plenty of players who were projected to be studs didn't pan out, and vice versa.

Also, comparing the Pats and Seahawks situation is different. 

Bennett is going to the #1 ranked defense in terms of points. He isn't being asked to be a savior.

Signing Bennett to be your number 1 pass rusher is different than signing a guy who could potentially be your 4th best pass rusher by playoff time (Avril, Clemons, Irvin, Bennett) are completely different things.

This move isn't a disaster. Percy Harvin could end up being disaster. If this guy doesn't pan out, I wouldn't even consider it a minor set back for the team.

So, why do we have our own fans pining for him then?  Answer the question.

Don't expect Seattle to win that division and don't expect that signing of Bennett to be celebrated. We have our own fans here pining for him and then asking how Seattle can be stopped in March.

Why do we have our own fans pining for him? Maybe because there's pretty much a thread about every available FA going to the Pats? Didn't realize that other fans wanting players like Wallace, Goldson and other big money FA's were reflective of what I wanted!

Couple things:

You are a troll. I make a response as to why I don't believe Bennett is a disaster of a signing, and you try to make personal insults, as you seem to do on almost every thread (which counts as trolling)

You're no different than the fans who think Brady is a God amongst all QBs...Only difference is that you have this love affair with BB...so much so that there seems to be no other GM remotely close to being as good as them. You keep talking about how BB rebuilt the Pats on the fly in 2010 and 2011 while talking about how the Ravens are doomed...before the NFL draft even takes place. He's drafted 4 guys in the last two years (Pierce, Smith, Osemele, Upshaw) who have made a significant impact. He has 12 picks this year, and will probably get a fair amount of comp picks next season as well. Ozzie is a pretty good GM...so is John Schneider of the Seahawks. Quit pretending that you would make a better GM than them.

Everyone has an opinion. Just because they don't agree with you doesn't mean they're wrong. You're not a genius. Posting over 100 times a day doesn't make you better than everyone else on the board. Just means you have way more free time.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

King has a new word-Obtuse- He's used it wrong now at least 3 times today. Ravens got Elvis-I like the way the Ravens look next year- Dumped a bunch of old guys and picked up some young bloods.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

King- Stop denying that you are a Jets fan!!We all know you are!

Sections
Shortcuts