Michael Bennett Seahawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Michael Bennett Seahawks

1 year 5 mil

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Michael Bennett Seahawks

If they can nail the chemistry aspect (unlike the eagles) they will be the best team in the league.

a lot of short term deals too, so these guys shouldn't be sitting on their asse$ like they just got paid

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

how many DE's do they have on the roster now? how much money tied into the postion? wow

You should be asking why we didn't go after a 9sacks DE in his prime who is excellent in run prevention and ended up going for 1yr $5mil

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

how many DE's do they have on the roster now? how much money tied into the postion? wow

I assume he'll be a DT...interior rush

Bryant, Irvin, Bennett, Avril...vaunted dline...and Clemons when he recovers from his injury.

also have the best secondary and solid linebackers...if they get homefield in the playoffs, they'll be an extremely tough out at Qwest...not that thy weren't already

Love these moves by them. 1 and 2 year deals

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You should be asking why we didn't go after a 9sacks DE in his prime who is excellent in run prevention and ended up going for 1yr $5mil

I'm starting to think some of these guys are taking below market values beraise they see the Hawks as legit contenders.

Kruger doesn't make all that money without the Playoff run exposure. I like Bennett more than Kruger, he got 1/8 of Krugers money.

Ripple effect of Harvin going to SEA and makin it a potential Super power?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Has this been confirm? The contract seems low? WOW The market for pass rushers has dropped off the cliff.  A vet is going to get less for sure.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

tick tock

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I would rather ask if he was so great then why didn't his own team resign him for that or why wasn't the whole league knocking down his door for that deal?

What is Ninkovich making? You know me I don't pay attention to the money like you, is 5 mil a lot for a backup? 

You swapping him and releasing Ninkovich? Ninkovich's overall stats are better and he's a better athlete on paper. If Ninkovich and Bennet are close to a wash on the field what are the money matters? Which combination of Bennet, Ninkovich, Scott, Cunningham, Freeny, etc. etc make the most value sense? Cost vs ability vs age & experience vs time to learn the Pats D system?

Not saying your question is not a good one, it is, but I have many others to ask "before" that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

I would rather ask if he was so great then why didn't his own team resign him for that or why wasn't the whole league knocking down his door for that deal?

What is Ninkovich making? You know me I don't pay attention to the money like you, is 5 mil a lot for a backup? 

You swapping him and releasing Ninkovich? Ninkovich's overall stats are better and he's a better athlete on paper. If Ninkovich and Bennet are close to a wash on the field what are the money matters? Which combination of Bennet, Ninkovich, Scott, Cunningham, Freeny, etc. etc make the most value sense? Cost vs ability vs age & experience vs time to learn the Pats D system?

Not saying your question is not a good one, it is, but I have many others to ask "before" that one.

Then you  have to ask the same for every FA we sign from this point out. Why didn't anyone else want any of the FA's we will eventually sign?

I'm also guessing you haven't seen Bennett play. He's a much better player then Nink and I wouldn't release Nink I'm make him a sub OLB and sub DE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Any chance we sign Fenene, with the money we saved on Fenene's contract? Why not? All the young good defensive players are just about gone now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Pats must be high on this Armstead kid!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

He isn't dominant, but he's pretty good. Speculation is that this was a bet on himself deal. He didn't like what he saw on the market, so he signed a below market deal with a team that should help him get more exposure so that he can make bank next offseason.

Extremely good value pickup

Sections
Shortcuts