Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

How can this be? Two high priced veterans cut before their contracts were finished - cut to clear cap space and diminishing returns. This will land these teams into "salary cap hell" for sure. Bosch was going to cost the Lions 10 million this season...how dare they cut him...it's as if they went out and signed a high quality guy, used him for the time he was young and good...then cut him when he cost too much and wasn't producing!! Rusty is going to be very upset! And Boley helped the Giants win a Super Bowl with his coverage ability, but boy he was expensive (4.1 million cap figure going into this season)...so what do they do when he loses a step? Cut him. Interesting and scary stuff for sure. These teams need a "salary cap hell" lesson from Rusty. How dare they sign expensive guys - use them - and then cut them when they cost too much and stop producing?!

And Cleveland just cut Frostee Rucker - he made a whopping 8 million in guaranteed money in a year!! Oh man, Cleveland is going to go right of business for doing something that will surely awaken the salary cap demons.

I still can't believe teams would go out and sign high priced guys - get some years out of them - and then cut them. It's weird. Rusty, help the NFL...I mean it needs your salary cap management skills - these three organizations (despite having a slew of salary cap experts) just don't get it.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey Rusty maybe we can sign Kyle Vanden Bosch, I mean yeah, he's 80 years old, but we could get him for probably 3 million...what we paid Ellis for.

I feel for a guy like Jerry Reese - I mean obviously he doesn't know how to build a roster - what's he thinking? He signs Boley a few years ago and the guy helps them win a Super Bowl and now that he's lost a half step...boom! Gone! I mean this is going to kill their cap...this will kill the Giants. Why do you think they do this? Probably to sign someone better and younger, but that's just my guess.

And Lombardi - he cuts a guy that suppossedly doesn't fit the 34 front, yet he's young and is a good run stopper. What are they going to do now? Just kills them...gonna have to go and spend on something better and then cut that guy when he loses it 4 years from now. It's scary...it really is. I'm going to sleep with the lights on tonight just in case. Hey I get it!! Lombardi is just clearing cap space for when he trades for Mallett and has to hand a huge contract to a kid that has never started an NFL game! That's it! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Why would the fans of those teams applaud losing key starters, with 2 out of the 3 of those players having used those desperate teams for big money with nothing to show for it? Are you this obtuse?  Still? lol

The fact that you're making this thread is highlarious. If BB was forced to cut key starters on D like this, actual impact starters, etc, you'd be stringing him up whining like the little girl you are in a pair of stained pink panties.

Now, you have the nerve to act like these cuts are no big deal to those teams?  You act like a disjointed roster and laack of continuity is a plus for teams when it's a huge problem for every team that deals with that.

The Saints walked away from 4 key starters in 2012, the Packers 3 or 4 in 2011 and their Ds went to hell in a handbasket.

You're an absolute moron.

Now, key vets like this will literally CHOOSE where they want to play which means BB yet again has some leverage in situations like this, JUST like he did when he selected Andre Carter and then added Mark Anderson and Brian Waters in August of 2011.

Leave it to you to start a thread that actually embarrases yourself. Absolutely priceless.

But, hey at least Boley collected a ring last year as Brady threw away another chance at a SB. LMAO

Kyle Vanden Bosch had 3.5 sacks and will be 35 next season

Michael Boley was benched for the final three games.

Some key players!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Why would the fans of those teams applaud losing key starters, with 2 out of the 3 of those players having used those desperate teams for big money with nothing to show for it? Are you this obtuse?  Still? lol

The fact that you're making this thread is highlarious. If BB was forced to cut key starters on D like this, actual impact starters, etc, you'd be stringing him up whining like the little girl you are in a pair of stained pink panties.

Now, you have the nerve to act like these cuts are no big deal to those teams?  You act like a disjointed roster and laack of continuity is a plus for teams when it's a huge problem for every team that deals with that.

The Saints walked away from 4 key starters in 2012, the Packers 3 or 4 in 2011 and their Ds went to hell in a handbasket.

You're an absolute moron.

Now, key vets like this will literally CHOOSE where they want to play which means BB yet again has some leverage in situations like this, JUST like he did when he selected Andre Carter and then added Mark Anderson and Brian Waters in August of 2011.

Leave it to you to start a thread that actually embarrases yourself. Absolutely priceless.

But, hey at least Boley collected a ring last year as Brady threw away another chance at a SB. LMAO

Kyle Vanden Bosch had 3.5 sacks and will be 35 next season

Michael Boley was benched for the final three games.

Some key players!

I know, how are these organizations going to survive? LMAO!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

Isn't it bizarre that we have some of our fans, unable to see why teams like the Jets, Detroit, Cleveland and other perennial laughingstock type franchises as poorly managed, then they mock BB and praise those franchises?

Look at Seymour. They rented him for 4 years like I predicted and he took them to the cleaners. And for what?

I mean, it's beyond mental illness at this point. 

BB can fly in literally 3-4 older cheap FAs at every position we have a need and get one of these players for practically nothing for 1 year and it's being mocked?

Youngest D in the league waiting on Tom Brady to not suck in the postseason, and they're mocking BB.

Unreal.

well hopefully next year they are fully healthy in the playoffs, and if they make it to the afc title game, hopefully the offense will show up in the 2nd half.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

But how can they do this? Clear cap space? Impossible!! Rusty has been telling us this for years...cap space is impossible to clear. You will find yourself in salary cap hell!!

This is why you don't want to spend on high priced free agents, because when they don't work out you can't cut them...oh wait, you CAN  cut them.

I still think it's better to spend 50 million on guys like...Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis, Galloway, Fenene, Gregory, Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor (I just loved those four games he played in), Gallery (he had really cool hair) and Banta Can't. I know Gallery didn't cost us much, but I just couldn't leave him out!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

But how can they do this? Clear cap space? Impossible!! Rusty has been telling us this for years...cap space is impossible to clear. You will find yourself in salary cap hell!!

This is why you don't want to spend on high priced free agents, because when they don't work out you can't cut them...oh wait, you CAN  cut them.

I still think it's better to spend 50 million on guys like...Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis, Galloway, Fenene, Gregory, Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor (I just loved those four games he played in), Gallery (he had really cool hair) and Banta Can't. I know Gallery didn't cost us much, but I just couldn't leave him out!  

all of those you mentioned were low risk, high reward type of signings....BB does that alot....does he do it too much? arguably yes, but he hits on a lot of them so i have no problem with it. just look at last year for example, he brings in mark anderson and andre carter and they play fantastic the whole year and help them get to the super bowl. ocho and haynesworthless obviously didnt work out, but it really didnt hurt them, they were in the super bowl and their defense was performing at a high level.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey, I'm starting to wonder if maybe there will be more high priced guys cut so their teams can go out and get better, younger players that cost more?? I wonder if this could happen? Nah, that would put teams in "salary cap hell". I tell you I'm scared to go to bed tonight - I keep thinking dead cap space is hiding under my bed. If you get bit by dead cap space, do you turn into a zombie? How long will that take? Will I get a fever...I hate fevers...hate them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if the players are producing at a high level, who cares that they arent paid like superstars? alot of the superstars the pats have brought in simply havent worked out. BB does very well at bringing in average players and helping them become productive players for the patriots.

is there really any players out there you think the pats NEED to break the bank for?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I don't agree with dishing out huge as.s contracts to FA's who havent played in the system. Most top players are pretty much overpaid.

That being said, most of the recent Super Bowl winners made a significant move

Baltimore: Boldin

Giants: Rolle

Packers: Woodson

Saints: Vilma/ Brees

Giants: Burress

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Adalius Thomas failed, Harrison worked out great.

You also can't assume teams like CLE and DET can just bring in guys one one year deals. Lower echelon teams will need to outbid playoff contenders.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the patriots do a good job perennialy of being strong at almost every position....there really isnt a glaring weakness in the team...yes you could say they could use another DT, but they are AT LEAST average in that category with wilfork and love, and also deaderick. the only area they were really terrible in was special teams returns, espescially kick off returns. but they have demps and edelman ready to return kicks for next year. i hope they go out and get a big receiver for the offense, but im not going to act like the offense didnt have enough talent to get it done. they did, even without gronk, they just didnt execute.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

all of those you mentioned were low risk, high reward type of signings....BB does that alot....does he do it too much? arguably yes, but he hits on a lot of them so i have no problem with it. just look at last year for example, he brings in mark anderson and andre carter and they play fantastic the whole year and help them get to the super bowl. ocho and haynesworthless obviously didnt work out, but it really didnt hurt them, they were in the super bowl and their defense was performing at a high level.

All those low risk high reward guys mentioned above cost this team more 50 million bucks. Every one of those players stunk, Every one of those players did absolutely nothing to help us a win a single game. And Carter and Anderson didn't play the whole year - Carter went down in November. And Anderson did what he is capable of...pass rushing sometimes...disappearing...and getting blown 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in the run game. The Giants had an absolute blast against Anderson. Now if these two are the best you can come up with in five years of free agent signings....million upon millions spent...years of a QB's prime wasted...then that's pretty damn bad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

if the players are producing at a high level, who cares that they arent paid like superstars? alot of the superstars the pats have brought in simply havent worked out. BB does very well at bringing in average players and helping them become productive players for the patriots.

is there really any players out there you think the pats NEED to break the bank for?

Yes Goldson, two years ago. And Bryant last season. This year, I'd go with Goldson again. And hell if he costs too much, cut somebody.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

the patriots do a good job perennialy of being strong at almost every position....there really isnt a glaring weakness in the team...yes you could say they could use another DT, but they are AT LEAST average in that category with wilfork and love, and also deaderick. the only area they were really terrible in was special teams returns, espescially kick off returns. but they have demps and edelman ready to return kicks for next year. i hope they go out and get a big receiver for the offense, but im not going to act like the offense didnt have enough talent to get it done. they did, even without gronk, they just didnt execute.

ehhhhhhhh,
    Julian Edelman was a cb last season and this unit was pretty weak until the Talib trade.

Pretty much lacked a decent running game from when Dillon left until this season.

Pass rush hasn't great for a long time either.

BB does a good job of fielding a competitive team every season. But you can't say they're perennial strong in every position. They've been weak on all the things I listed for a while.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Listen Bill is the best coach in the NFL...on defense/offense...doesn't matter, he's the best. Consider that when you talk about how solid our defense is - the guy could take a high school safety and put him in position to not get exposed. The problem is, other guys get paid to coach too and they're pretty good too. I would say we have a few problems on defense.

Before we moved McCourty to safety and traded for Talib, you could say the ENTIRE secondary was a problem. A major one. We had guys like Chung running around out there without one single clue how to cover. We had Arrington playing outside without the ability to turns his head, or his hips. We still very much have three linebackers that can't cover. We have a very special player in Wilfork and two guys next to him that can't take advantage of single blocking. Our best pass rusher this year was Nincovich!! For the love of God, that is a HUGE problem!! Jones will be a player, but that isn't enough and Wilfork ever ever goes down, we are done. Let's get some players.