Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

But how can they do this? Clear cap space? Impossible!! Rusty has been telling us this for years...cap space is impossible to clear. You will find yourself in salary cap hell!!

This is why you don't want to spend on high priced free agents, because when they don't work out you can't cut them...oh wait, you CAN  cut them.

I still think it's better to spend 50 million on guys like...Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis, Galloway, Fenene, Gregory, Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor (I just loved those four games he played in), Gallery (he had really cool hair) and Banta Can't. I know Gallery didn't cost us much, but I just couldn't leave him out!  

all of those you mentioned were low risk, high reward type of signings....BB does that alot....does he do it too much? arguably yes, but he hits on a lot of them so i have no problem with it. just look at last year for example, he brings in mark anderson and andre carter and they play fantastic the whole year and help them get to the super bowl. ocho and haynesworthless obviously didnt work out, but it really didnt hurt them, they were in the super bowl and their defense was performing at a high level.

All those low risk high reward guys mentioned above cost this team more 50 million bucks. Every one of those players stunk, Every one of those players did absolutely nothing to help us a win a single game. And Carter and Anderson didn't play the whole year - Carter went down in November. And Anderson did what he is capable of...pass rushing sometimes...disappearing...and getting blown 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in the run game. The Giants had an absolute blast against Anderson. Now if these two are the best you can come up with in five years of free agent signings....million upon millions spent...years of a QB's prime wasted...then that's pretty damn bad.

What's pretty damn bad is the D holding to 13 points through 57 minutes in last year's SB and our QB disappearing in the entire 4th qtr just like he did in the second half of this year's AFC title game where his stats again SUCKED.

Wake us when Brady wakes up. Until then, bake your cupcakes and don't forget the sprinkles.

Listen we've heard your rants before - you persoanlly attack people, then bash Brady and then spell check. We get it - you know nothing about football and have very little to offer. We see this everyday...you got nothing, you attack, you blame Brady and then have a nervous break down before getting banned. Clockwork.

Hey, could you run a quick spell checky over this for me?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

the patriots do a good job perennialy of being strong at almost every position....there really isnt a glaring weakness in the team...yes you could say they could use another DT, but they are AT LEAST average in that category with wilfork and love, and also deaderick. the only area they were really terrible in was special teams returns, espescially kick off returns. but they have demps and edelman ready to return kicks for next year. i hope they go out and get a big receiver for the offense, but im not going to act like the offense didnt have enough talent to get it done. they did, even without gronk, they just didnt execute.

ehhhhhhhh,
    Julian Edelman was a cb last season and this unit was pretty weak until the Talib trade.

Pretty much lacked a decent running game from when Dillon left until this season.

Pass rush hasn't great for a long time either.

BB does a good job of fielding a competitive team every season. But you can't say they're perennial strong in every position. They've been weak on all the things I listed for a while.

not strong, but at least good enough, i mean BJGE wasnt great, but he was a decent back and was great on third and short situations. as far as the cornerback position, yes you are right, that has been BB's hardest area to fill since he has been there, even though he did a good job with sterling moore last year considering how bad they were before the playoffs....i agree they could definitely use a better pass rush, but chandler jones is only going to get better and now they have the armstead guy to help as well. id like to see them go out and get a receiver like emmanuel sanders or earl bennett...if they can get a mike wallace or anquan boldin, id be thrilled, but i think they would be fine with either sanders or bennett. they should definitely look into goldson or reed this offseason, i would obviously prefer goldson because he is younger. but reed obviously still has a little left in the tank.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

@hurly, yes the secondary was in shambles last year before the playoffs, and BB really had to hold that group together with scotch tape and a piece of chewed gum...but he did one he.ll of a job. it seems that safety was mccourty's natural position all along and he is excelling in it. as far as arrington and chung go, yes they are both horrible....if it were up to me they would have been gone before the beginning of last season. i will give arrington some credit because he can be a decent slot corner at times....chung is just awful. also, do i think our pass rush was great? no, but i do think you severly underrate ninkovich, he consistently makes big plays for the team and forces turnovers....and it seems like noone even appreciates it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

if the players are producing at a high level, who cares that they arent paid like superstars? alot of the superstars the pats have brought in simply havent worked out. BB does very well at bringing in average players and helping them become productive players for the patriots.

is there really any players out there you think the pats NEED to break the bank for?

Yes Goldson, two years ago. And Bryant last season. This year, I'd go with Goldson again. And hell if he costs too much, cut somebody.

Yes, but why would SF want to cut a proven player in their system? Hmm. Maybe it's because they just overpaid him and for what? A SB loss?

You just keep walking into walls left and right.  SF's D was worse than NE's D in last year's SB.

FACT

Quit looking back at everything in hindsight. Accurately predict which team will win the Super Bowl teams will win the next 4 Super Bowls and we'll criticize every big FA move made by the other 28 or so teams.

If you're so smart, go apply for a GM position. Judging by the amount of posts you've made in the last 2 months, you seem to have a lot of knowledge that could be put to good use.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Just wondering how much dead money is involved with these cuts - yes they are saving money on huge contracts, but suspect there is some serious cap hit still from these contracts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Hey Rusty maybe we can sign Kyle Vanden Bosch, I mean yeah, he's 80 years old, but we could get him for probably 3 million...what we paid Ellis for.

I feel for a guy like Jerry Reese - I mean obviously he doesn't know how to build a roster - what's he thinking? He signs Boley a few years ago and the guy helps them win a Super Bowl and now that he's lost a half step...boom! Gone! I mean this is going to kill their cap...this will kill the Giants. Why do you think they do this? Probably to sign someone better and younger, but that's just my guess.

And Lombardi - he cuts a guy that suppossedly doesn't fit the 34 front, yet he's young and is a good run stopper. What are they going to do now? Just kills them...gonna have to go and spend on something better and then cut that guy when he loses it 4 years from now. It's scary...it really is. I'm going to sleep with the lights on tonight just in case. Hey I get it!! Lombardi is just clearing cap space for when he trades for Mallett and has to hand a huge contract to a kid that has never started an NFL game! That's it! 

I hear the Giants are considering cancelling next season

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

if the players are producing at a high level, who cares that they arent paid like superstars? alot of the superstars the pats have brought in simply havent worked out. BB does very well at bringing in average players and helping them become productive players for the patriots.

is there really any players out there you think the pats NEED to break the bank for?

Yes Goldson, two years ago. And Bryant last season. This year, I'd go with Goldson again. And hell if he costs too much, cut somebody.

Yes, but why would SF want to cut a proven player in their system? Hmm. Maybe it's because they just overpaid him and for what? A SB loss?

You just keep walking into walls left and right.  SF's D was worse than NE's D in last year's SB.

FACT

Quit looking back at everything in hindsight. Accurately predict which team will win the Super Bowl teams will win the next 4 Super Bowls and we'll criticize every big FA move made by the other 28 or so teams.

If you're so smart, go apply for a GM position. Judging by the amount of posts you've made in the last 2 months, you seem to have a lot of knowledge that could be put to good use.

What am I going to apply for? I'll say this: I could walk into that Jets Gm role at 1/6th the cost of what they're paying that lame duck Idzik and do as good a job or better.

Don't give me this "if you're so smart" routine either.  My knowledge could be put to good use, actually. My photographic memory is actually quite effective.  Not perfect, but effective. Hey, maybe Ernie Adams retires?

Bawahahaha! Photographic memory! I love it! I'm sure it goes along great with your 152 IQ. Hey if you have a memory that good, why is it that you can't recall saying Merriwaether was the second best safety in the entire AFC? Or what about how you can't remember asking for the Patriots to trade Tom Brady after the Cardinal's game ealier this year? Or how about when you called Matt Cassell a top 7 quarterback...remember that one? Bawahahaha! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

But how can they do this? Clear cap space? Impossible!! Rusty has been telling us this for years...cap space is impossible to clear. You will find yourself in salary cap hell!!

This is why you don't want to spend on high priced free agents, because when they don't work out you can't cut them...oh wait, you CAN  cut them.

I still think it's better to spend 50 million on guys like...Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis, Galloway, Fenene, Gregory, Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor (I just loved those four games he played in), Gallery (he had really cool hair) and Banta Can't. I know Gallery didn't cost us much, but I just couldn't leave him out!  

all of those you mentioned were low risk, high reward type of signings....BB does that alot....does he do it too much? arguably yes, but he hits on a lot of them so i have no problem with it. just look at last year for example, he brings in mark anderson and andre carter and they play fantastic the whole year and help them get to the super bowl. ocho and haynesworthless obviously didnt work out, but it really didnt hurt them, they were in the super bowl and their defense was performing at a high level.

All those low risk high reward guys mentioned above cost this team more 50 million bucks. Every one of those players stunk, Every one of those players did absolutely nothing to help us a win a single game. And Carter and Anderson didn't play the whole year - Carter went down in November. And Anderson did what he is capable of...pass rushing sometimes...disappearing...and getting blown 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in the run game. The Giants had an absolute blast against Anderson. Now if these two are the best you can come up with in five years of free agent signings....million upon millions spent...years of a QB's prime wasted...then that's pretty damn bad.

What's pretty damn bad is the D holding to 13 points through 57 minutes in last year's SB and our QB disappearing in the entire 4th qtr just like he did in the second half of this year's AFC title game where his stats again SUCKED.

Wake us when Brady wakes up. Until then, bake your cupcakes and don't forget the sprinkles.

Listen we've heard your rants before - you persoanlly attack people, then bash Brady and then spell check. We get it - you know nothing about football and have very little to offer. We see this everyday...you got nothing, you attack, you blame Brady and then have a nervous break down before getting banned. Clockwork.

Hey, could you run a quick spell checky over this for me?

BRILLIANT!

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

@hurly, yes the secondary was in shambles last year before the playoffs, and BB really had to hold that group together with scotch tape and a piece of chewed gum...but he did one he.ll of a job. it seems that safety was mccourty's natural position all along and he is excelling in it. as far as arrington and chung go, yes they are both horrible....if it were up to me they would have been gone before the beginning of last season. i will give arrington some credit because he can be a decent slot corner at times....chung is just awful. also, do i think our pass rush was great? no, but i do think you severly underrate ninkovich, he consistently makes big plays for the team and forces turnovers....and it seems like noone even appreciates it.

No, you're right I did severly underate Nincovich. He is solid and a guy that has developed under Belichick's supreme coaching. Imagine what Belichick will do with a more talented guy? But you are right, I did under rate him...he is solid with what they ask him to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Why would the fans of those teams applaud losing key starters, with 2 out of the 3 of those players having used those desperate teams for big money with nothing to show for it? Are you this obtuse?  Still? lol

The fact that you're making this thread is highlarious. If BB was forced to cut key starters on D like this, actual impact starters, etc, you'd be stringing him up whining like the little girl you are in a pair of stained pink panties.

Now, you have the nerve to act like these cuts are no big deal to those teams?  You act like a disjointed roster and laack of continuity is a plus for teams when it's a huge problem for every team that deals with that.

The Saints walked away from 4 key starters in 2012, the Packers 3 or 4 in 2011 and their Ds went to hell in a handbasket.

You're an absolute moron.

Now, key vets like this will literally CHOOSE where they want to play which means BB yet again has some leverage in situations like this, JUST like he did when he selected Andre Carter and then added Mark Anderson and Brian Waters in August of 2011.

Leave it to you to start a thread that actually embarrases yourself. Absolutely priceless.

But, hey at least Boley collected a ring last year as Brady threw away another chance at a SB. LMAO

Not only this but I believe Bellichick knew-like Kreskin or Nostrodamos-that these exact players would be released by these teams and knew it would give him "leverage" over such "key" players like Boley and Vandenbosch

That damn Jerry Reese! Outfoxed by the greatest GM of all time in any sport yet again!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Imagine what Belichick will do with a more talented guy?

Chandler Jones. Imagine away. The end.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

No, you're right I did severly underate Nincovich. He is solid and a guy that has developed under Belichick's supreme coaching. Imagine what Belichick will do with a more talented guy? But you are right, I did under rate him...he is solid with what they ask him to do.

well we will get to see what BB does with more talented linebackers as spikes and hightower continue to improve...spikes is already a very good run stuffing linebacker. obviously their linebackers are lacking a bit in pass coverage, they could probobaly use one linebacker that could disrupt some of the crossing routes better....however, i dont think any receiver looks forward to getting hit by spikes, hightower, or mayo across the middle.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

exactly how much does a GM do to "improve" a SB Champion?

what were Reese's "mistakes"?

and saying they didn't make the playoffs is just 20/20 hindsight

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

jints, its hard to repeat in the NFL, we all know that. but to miss the playoffs the year after winning the super bowl, shows that they got too complacent and maybe ignored some of their flaws. are the giants a good team? yes, but they do have flaws that may need to be fixed for them to be a contender again. i mean, they were only a 9-7 team the year they won it...they got hot at the right time and were able to ride it to a super bowl win.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

FACT

What am I going to apply for? I'll say this: I could walk into that Jets Gm role at 1/6th the cost of what they're paying that lame duck Idzik and do as good a job or better.

Don't give me this "if you're so smart" routine either.  My knowledge could be put to good use, actually. My photographic memory is actually quite effective.  Not perfect, but effective. Hey, maybe Ernie Adams retires?

Bawahahaha! Photographic memory! I love it! I'm sure it goes along great with your 152 IQ. Hey if you have a memory that good, why is it that you can't recall saying Merriwaether was the second best safety in the entire AFC? Or what about how you can't remember asking for the Patriots to trade Tom Brady after the Cardinal's game ealier this year? Or how about when you called Matt Cassell a top 7 quarterback...remember that one? Bawahahaha! 

No, actually none of those things were said by me. Twisting one word and then lying from you and other trolls won't work. I;ve exposed your game so many times here. You're done. You literally have like 5 allies here now.   You all do the same thing. It won't work.

List any movie or album right now and I'll nail the year of it's release within milliseconds. Yes, I have a photographic memory. Again, it's not perfect, but it's a skill that is very beneficial.

For example, in the '92/'93 season Andy Moog had a 3.16 GAA and then was traded to my dismay.  Still can't believe they scapegoated him for money after a great year and his union position.

I was a History major and could pull info within seconds, you moron.  Try again.

You see, here's your problem, you keep mentioning things like allies and such...I don't care about those things. What do you think this is? I don't have to gather people to support my arguments against you. Lol! Good God, you do that on your very own! You ever read some of the comments you get from your posts? Trust me, I have no interest what so ever getting people to support me or go against you. Relax. Grow up.

And big deal about Moog, he was what? 34? So they got that technicolor five hole guy from Dallas in return. Moog was done. How many good years did he have after he left here? One? None?

Here's a question...what year did Mike Moffet come in and what did he do for the Bruins in the playoffs? And I intentionally spelled his name wrong so you couldn't easily google him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

FACT

No, actually none of those things were said by me. Twisting one word and then lying from you and other trolls won't work. I;ve exposed your game so many times here. You're done. You literally have like 5 allies here now.   You all do the same thing. It won't work.

List any movie or album right now and I'll nail the year of it's release within milliseconds. Yes, I have a photographic memory. Again, it's not perfect, but it's a skill that is very beneficial.

For example, in the '92/'93 season Andy Moog had a 3.16 GAA and then was traded to my dismay.  Still can't believe they scapegoated him for money after a great year and his union position.

I was a History major and could pull info within seconds, you moron.  Try again.

You see, here's your problem, you keep mentioning things like allies and such...I don't care about those things. What do you think this is? I don't have to gather people to support my arguments against you. Lol! Good God, you do that on your very own! You ever read some of the comments you get from your posts? Trust me, I have no interest what so ever getting people to support me or go against you. Relax. Grow up.

And big deal about Moog, he was what? 34? So they got that technicolor five hole guy from Dallas in return. Moog was done. How many good years did he have after he left here? One? None?

Here's a question...what year did Mike Moffet come in and what did he do for the Bruins in the playoffs? And I intentionally spelled his name wrong so you couldn't easily google him.

Hello?? Come on Goodwill Hunting...don't go googling it. It's easy, it's hockey...another sport I'm sure you're an expert at. LOL!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Oh man that misspelling really threw me off. Lmao.