Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Oh man that misspelling really threw me off. Lmao.

I wanted to keep it simple - if I had any real pull I would of had Shannon Sharpe pronounce it and no one would of known who he was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I wanted to keep it simple - if I had any real pull I would of had Shannon Sharpe pronounce it and no one would of known who he was.

I feel like by the end of the season I can understand him mostly but when week one rolls around I am back at square one. How he go the job is beyond me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

if the players are producing at a high level, who cares that they arent paid like superstars? alot of the superstars the pats have brought in simply havent worked out. BB does very well at bringing in average players and helping them become productive players for the patriots.

is there really any players out there you think the pats NEED to break the bank for?

Yes Goldson, two years ago. And Bryant last season. This year, I'd go with Goldson again. And hell if he costs too much, cut somebody.

Yes, but why would SF want to cut a proven player in their system? Hmm. Maybe it's because they just overpaid him and for what? A SB loss?

You just keep walking into walls left and right.  SF's D was worse than NE's D in last year's SB.

FACT

Quit looking back at everything in hindsight. Accurately predict which team will win the Super Bowl teams will win the next 4 Super Bowls and we'll criticize every big FA move made by the other 28 or so teams.

If you're so smart, go apply for a GM position. Judging by the amount of posts you've made in the last 2 months, you seem to have a lot of knowledge that could be put to good use.

What am I going to apply for? I'll say this: I could walk into that Jets Gm role at 1/6th the cost of what they're paying that lame duck Idzik and do as good a job or better.

Don't give me this "if you're so smart" routine either.  My knowledge could be put to good use, actually. My photographic memory is actually quite effective.  Not perfect, but effective. Hey, maybe Ernie Adams retires?

Bawahahaha! Photographic memory! I love it! I'm sure it goes along great with your 152 IQ. Hey if you have a memory that good, why is it that you can't recall saying Merriwaether was the second best safety in the entire AFC? Or what about how you can't remember asking for the Patriots to trade Tom Brady after the Cardinal's game ealier this year? Or how about when you called Matt Cassell a top 7 quarterback...remember that one? Bawahahaha! 

No, actually none of those things were said by me. Twisting one word and then lying from you and other trolls won't work. I;ve exposed your game so many times here. You're done. You literally have like 5 allies here now.   You all do the same thing. It won't work.

List any movie or album right now and I'll nail the year of it's release within milliseconds. Yes, I have a photographic memory. Again, it's not perfect, but it's a skill that is very beneficial.

For example, in the '92/'93 season Andy Moog had a 3.16 GAA and then was traded to my dismay.  Still can't believe they scapegoated him for money after a great year and his union position.

I was a History major and could pull info within seconds, you moron.  Try again.

You see, here's your problem, you keep mentioning things like allies and such...I don't care about those things. What do you think this is? I don't have to gather people to support my arguments against you. Lol! Good God, you do that on your very own! You ever read some of the comments you get from your posts? Trust me, I have no interest what so ever getting people to support me or go against you. Relax. Grow up.

And big deal about Moog, he was what? 34? So they got that technicolor five hole guy from Dallas in return. Moog was done. How many good years did he have after he left here? One? None?

Here's a question...what year did Mike Moffet come in and what did he do for the Bruins in the playoffs? And I intentionally spelled his name wrong so you couldn't easily google him.

I know Moffit.  I rememeber him.  And I know the spelling. A cup off coffee and hype in the mid 1980s when I was a kid and he I believe Keans followed him after they wouldn't pay Peters post Vezina '83. I know the material and know it cold, Cupcake. 

Here's your issue:  I am far more intelligent, more knowledgeable, while younger than you. This bothers you because you think you had it all.

I didn't reference the Moog thing to talk about how many years he had left, stupid, but more so to know his GAA and 37 wins that year with Sinden scapegoating him out of town.

You're barking up the wrong tree and you always have been.

Jeez you're wicked smart! Oh, uhm you didn't give me the year or what he did, but who needs the details? By the way, do you realize how ridicolous you sound by saying you're younger, smarter and make more money than people all day long? Seeing how you very well could be my age or a year or two younger, I'll give you some adult advice...don't do that! You look even dumber than you need to! I get secondary embarrassment just watching you do that all day.

I'm going to bed, sorry I can't give you anymore advice tonight. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

jints, its hard to repeat in the NFL, we all know that. but to miss the playoffs the year after winning the super bowl, shows that they got too complacent and maybe ignored some of their flaws. are the giants a good team? yes, but they do have flaws that may need to be fixed for them to be a contender again. i mean, they were only a 9-7 team the year they won it...they got hot at the right time and were able to ride it to a super bowl win.

they got healthy at the right time-that was a 12 win team healthy

i do agree some changes/upgrades are needed to be a seriuos sb contender again but they aren't far off either-but i have faith in reese and coughlin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

But how can they do this? Clear cap space? Impossible!! Rusty has been telling us this for years...cap space is impossible to clear. You will find yourself in salary cap hell!!

This is why you don't want to spend on high priced free agents, because when they don't work out you can't cut them...oh wait, you CAN  cut them.

I still think it's better to spend 50 million on guys like...Bodden, Shawn Springs, Ellis, Galloway, Fenene, Gregory, Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, Fred Taylor (I just loved those four games he played in), Gallery (he had really cool hair) and Banta Can't. I know Gallery didn't cost us much, but I just couldn't leave him out!  

all of those you mentioned were low risk, high reward type of signings....BB does that alot....does he do it too much? arguably yes, but he hits on a lot of them so i have no problem with it. just look at last year for example, he brings in mark anderson and andre carter and they play fantastic the whole year and help them get to the super bowl. ocho and haynesworthless obviously didnt work out, but it really didnt hurt them, they were in the super bowl and their defense was performing at a high level.

All those low risk high reward guys mentioned above cost this team more 50 million bucks. Every one of those players stunk, Every one of those players did absolutely nothing to help us a win a single game. And Carter and Anderson didn't play the whole year - Carter went down in November. And Anderson did what he is capable of...pass rushing sometimes...disappearing...and getting blown 15 yards off the line of scrimmage in the run game. The Giants had an absolute blast against Anderson. Now if these two are the best you can come up with in five years of free agent signings....million upon millions spent...years of a QB's prime wasted...then that's pretty damn bad.

"years of a QB's prime wasted...then that's pretty damn bad."

agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Oh nooooo! The Giants just cut Cris Canty, Bradshaw and Boley in two days...saving 14 million in cap space over night!! Now what??!! How could they possibly get away with using these guys for 4 years and then just flat out releasing them when they got old, injured and inefffective? 

Hey maybe the Giants will use that new found cap space to sign young, talented guys, that will help them win another Super Bowl? Nah, that's impossible...rusty told me so...it will only lead to salary cap helllllllllll!!!!!! A scary place where if you get bit, you turn into a zombie. Scary...boo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

And Matt Hasselbeck is willing to renogotiate his contract to reduce his 7.5 million cap charge for the Titans?? Don't they realize this will put them into "salary cap hell"? Say they get to keep him at a lower cap number - but they may have to add another year to his deal! What the fudgicle? So what does that mean? That they will save money this year and then cut him next year? Wow, no one has ever done this! Amazing!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

"The Giants need cap money to attempt to re-sign several of their own free agents, including safety Kenny Phillips, offensive linemen Will Beatty and Kevin Boothe and, with Bradshaw gone, probably running back Andre Brown. There are other cuts on the horizon, with veteran offensive lineman David Diehl and cornerback Corey Webster remaining as possible cap casualties as the Giants undergo something of a roster overhaul at the start of this offseason. They cut linebacker Michael Boley on Tuesday."

If this was our team, needing to cut key starters or key complementary veterans all at once just to be able to resign our own FAs, I'd be concerned.

But, Mt Hurl acts like replacing so many players at once is done with ease and it's a good thing to pooly manage contracts. LOL

This is frightening stuff for sure! This, trimming the roster of old, overpriced, injured players, stuff. Next thing you know, the Giants will bring in younger, better players - that they will use for four of the five years on their expensive contracts and perhaps win another  Super Bowl. Terrible stuff. Hey maybe we can sign some of these washed up players at discount prices? Sounds solid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Umm, Hasselbeck is a back up QB and will be looking to move his family if he doesn't do that.  So, that means he has little choice.  Are you really this stupid?  You try to make a point and all it does is show you much education you lack.

LMAO

Jeez, wow, that's a lot for a backup quarterback. How can they do that? You know with this mean salary cap running around all over the place. What's their starter make? Bet it's big bucks too - wow, can't believe they can do that. Did you know that the Titans owe Chris Johnson 9 million in bonus money come next month? Amazing. Yet evidently they are planning on keeping him - too bad he wasn't say 32 or so...I bet he would make another good Fred Taylor type of pickup. It's almost like the Titans didn't get the "salary cap hell" memo - hey maybe you should mail it to them??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It is what it is. The cap is the cap. You don't wanna take the hit, you release those who have underperformed (as per their contract) and free up money to sign the players you want to keep (Nicks, Cruz, Deihl, etc...) . Players also wanna cash in after their rookie contract expires. Nothing new here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

It is what it is. The cap is the cap. You don't wanna take the hit, you release those who have underperformed (as per their contract) and free up money to sign the players you want to keep (Nicks, Cruz, Deihl, etc...) . Players also wanna cash in after their rookie contract expires. Nothing new here.

That's it in a nutshell....old underperforming guys are shipped out....and younger, more expensive and better guys are brought in. It's sad, but true. Most people get this, but some are still confused.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

"The Giants need cap money to attempt to re-sign several of their own free agents, including safety Kenny Phillips, offensive linemen Will Beatty and Kevin Boothe and, with Bradshaw gone, probably running back Andre Brown. There are other cuts on the horizon, with veteran offensive lineman David Diehl and cornerback Corey Webster remaining as possible cap casualties as the Giants undergo something of a roster overhaul at the start of this offseason. They cut linebacker Michael Boley on Tuesday."

If this was our team, needing to cut key starters or key complementary veterans all at once just to be able to resign our own FAs, I'd be concerned.

But, Mt Hurl acts like replacing so many players at once is done with ease and it's a good thing to pooly manage contracts. LOL

This is frightening stuff for sure! This, trimming the roster of old, overpriced, injured players, stuff. Next thing you know, the Giants will bring in younger, better players - that they will use for four of the five years on their expensive contracts and perhaps win another  Super Bowl. Terrible stuff. Hey maybe we can sign some of these washed up players at discount prices? Sounds solid.

Sure. It's a guarantee that any team that needs to replace a slew of starters on both sides of the ball, will actually be as good or better than before.

Slam dunk. No problem. The Saints did well on D in 2012 by switching out 4 starters, as did GB the year before. Great long term management.  I saw neither team sniffing a SB run this year.

Fire BB, trade for every other player not a Pats uni to get Brady into a better, focused state for the postseason. LMAO

Oh jeez, now you're just talking crazy, stop it silly. Hey, the Giants didn't cut these guys because these guys were playing great - they cut them because they were no longer worth the money. They want money to sign guys that ARE worth the money....it's why they trimmed 14 million in two days. Two!! Wasn't that supposed to be impossible? You told me that in August - you remember - you have the photographic memory:)

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Sure. It's a guarantee that any team that needs to replace a slew of starters on both sides of the ball, will actually be as good or better than before.

Slam dunk. No problem. The Saints did well on D in 2012 by switching out 4 starters, as did GB the year before. Great long term management.  I saw neither team sniffing a SB run this year.

Fire BB, trade for every other player not a Pats uni to get Brady into a better, focused state for the postseason. LMAO

Oh jeez, now you're just talking crazy, stop it silly. Hey, the Giants didn't cut these guys because these guys were playing great - they cut them because they were no longer worth the money. They want money to sign guys that ARE worth the money....it's why they trimmed 14 million in two days. Two!! Wasn't that supposed to be impossible? You told me that in August - you remember - you have the photographic memory:)

I too am very concerned here...obviously the cap is the be all and end all and also the Giants have has so little success in the "cap era" (as someone calls it) that I am sure it's gonna be maybe 5 or 7 years before the Giants see .500 again, much less anything resembling a contender

I think it's high time that GM Jerry Reese consult that "blueprint" that Bill Bellichick created and the Giants "followed his lead" to win with...after all, the Giants have no idea how to succeed on their own...gee I hope ol' Bill will let us win with his "blueprint" again!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

I too am very concerned here...obviously the cap is the be all and end all and also the Giants have has so little success in the "cap era" (as someone calls it) that I am sure it's gonna be maybe 5 or 7 years before the Giants see .500 again, much less anything resembling a contender

I think it's high time that GM Jerry Reese consult that "blueprint" that Bill Bellichick created and the Giants "followed his lead" to win with...after all, the Giants have no idea how to succeed on their own...gee I hope ol' Bill will let us win with his "blueprint" again!

Keep mocking it. You won't make the playoffs next year.

no we will because we are gonna break out the BB blueprint

hey bellichick invented the forward pass and he let us use that!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Keep mocking it. You won't make the playoffs next year.

no we will because we are gonna break out the BB blueprint

hey bellichick invented the forward pass and he let us use that!

I'll be you right now you don't make the playoffs. If you don't, you leave the board for good.

and i'll counter and bet the Pats don't make the SB (maybe not even the AFCCG?) and when they lose you will blame Brady almost exclusively regardless of the outcome

if I win you leave the board for good-well under ur 12th name anyway

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts