Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Michael Boley and Kyle Vanden Bosch cut!

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

both of those teams missed the playoffs this year, clearly their GM's didnt do too much to improve the team last offseason. which is why they have to clear cap space now and correct their mistakes.

exactly how much does a GM do to "improve" a SB Champion?

what were Reese's "mistakes"?

and saying they didn't make the playoffs is just 20/20 hindsight

We'll learn those mistakes in future years.  Just be happy you got lucky in SB 42 and Brady was bad in the 4th qtr of SB 46. You should feel blessed, but instead you as a virgin at 45 think it was meant to be. lol

kind of like the future years when we see just how good a coach and gm bill belichick is without tom brady

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

"The Giants need cap money to attempt to re-sign several of their own free agents, including safety Kenny Phillips, offensive linemen Will Beatty and Kevin Boothe and, with Bradshaw gone, probably running back Andre Brown. There are other cuts on the horizon, with veteran offensive lineman David Diehl and cornerback Corey Webster remaining as possible cap casualties as the Giants undergo something of a roster overhaul at the start of this offseason. They cut linebacker Michael Boley on Tuesday."

If this was our team, needing to cut key starters or key complementary veterans all at once just to be able to resign our own FAs, I'd be concerned.

But, Mt Hurl acts like replacing so many players at once is done with ease and it's a good thing to pooly manage contracts. LOL

This is frightening stuff for sure! This, trimming the roster of old, overpriced, injured players, stuff. Next thing you know, the Giants will bring in younger, better players - that they will use for four of the five years on their expensive contracts and perhaps win another  Super Bowl. Terrible stuff. Hey maybe we can sign some of these washed up players at discount prices? Sounds solid.

Sure. It's a guarantee that any team that needs to replace a slew of starters on both sides of the ball, will actually be as good or better than before.

Slam dunk. No problem. The Saints did well on D in 2012 by switching out 4 starters, as did GB the year before. Great long term management.  I saw neither team sniffing a SB run this year.

Fire BB, trade for every other player not a Pats uni to get Brady into a better, focused state for the postseason. LMAO

Oh jeez, now you're just talking crazy, stop it silly. Hey, the Giants didn't cut these guys because these guys were playing great - they cut them because they were no longer worth the money. They want money to sign guys that ARE worth the money....it's why they trimmed 14 million in two days. Two!! Wasn't that supposed to be impossible? You told me that in August - you remember - you have the photographic memory:)

I too am very concerned here...obviously the cap is the be all and end all and also the Giants have has so little success in the "cap era" (as someone calls it) that I am sure it's gonna be maybe 5 or 7 years before the Giants see .500 again, much less anything resembling a contender

I think it's high time that GM Jerry Reese consult that "blueprint" that Bill Bellichick created and the Giants "followed his lead" to win with...after all, the Giants have no idea how to succeed on their own...gee I hope ol' Bill will let us win with his "blueprint" again!

Keep mocking it. You won't make the playoffs next year.

no we will because we are gonna break out the BB blueprint

hey bellichick invented the forward pass and he let us use that!

I'll be you right now you don't make the playoffs. If you don't, you leave the board for good.

and i'll counter and bet the Pats don't make the SB (maybe not even the AFCCG?) and when they lose you will blame Brady almost exclusively regardless of the outcome

if I win you leave the board for good-well under ur 12th name anyway

No. I am responding to your arrogance. There is no counter bet. It's my bet based on your confidence in that the Giants coast to the playoff next year. It doesn't work that way. You can't mouth off and then not stand behind the premise of your comments.

Hmm. Seems like I just called you out and you failed to accept behind your premise of the Giants making the playoffs.

If I mouthed off guaranteeing a SB appearance, then you would  have a position to offer your bet, Beatrice. I didn't.

Take the bet or continue to be a pansy.

nice way to wiggle out of it...i wont make such a bet because ur entire bs premise is just a cover all and so if the jints-who play in a real division in a real conference and against a real schedule-dont make the playoffs b/c of any one of ten different reasons u will just go about ur simple-minded nonsense that it was b/c of their "cap problems" blah blah blah

sorry, not only are u taking the easy route but using ur bet to prove ur asinine agenda and rampant man love for all things belichick-as mr miyagi would say "too much advantage ur dojo"

lets see if ur 152 IQ can come up with a real bet-ie: one that will prove ur cap nonsense and belichick's supposed "mastery" of it and tie it into next season's results-b/c thats the entire point of ur silly rants here-and not only will i take that bet but u name the dollar amount

now this ought to be good

ps: of course my bet isn't fair either since u will do exactly what i say u will

pps: more fair bet would be number of wins seeing how jints could win 10+ and still not make the playoffs in the superior/loaded nfc and the much more competitive nfc east

ppss: then again queenie if u fail at the above i'll take ur playoff bet...hell since my team has an insurmountable head to head sb lead over urs any bet i take is gravy to me  :  )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

There are those self descriptive words again (morons/idiots). I'm so bright, brighter than a quasar. The mods are erecting the guillotine as I post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

My favorite exerpts from The Tale of Two Cities. 'The guillotine, the guillotine', Madame Defarge.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

The comment of tracing an IP and finding a physical address sounds threathening to me. Why don't you find mine, I'm just seven mile from George Bush and I'm good friends with their former forensic guy. Maybe I should have find your where abouts and post it for everyone to see. Dork. You never know who you'll upset in this forum. You just got my attention.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Can't give any credit to that Giants' D can you? 23, yes 23 knock downs of TB. That's defense. And the only time in the entire game they had single coverage on Plex was his winning TD catch. He faced a hobbled Hobson with a groin injury. 6'5 vs. 5'9. BB was bringing the house on that play, but a two step fade to such a mismatch had me standing up saying it's over. And it was. So give credit where credit is do. And that was what, 5 years ago? Time to move on genius.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

History major? Thought you were some sort of corporate genius according to you. Getting caught in your lies befits you. Genius.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

You are absolutely spot on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This just in!! The jets are reportedly going to cut Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. These moves will clear 27.7 million in cap space - it is also being reported that these moves will take a total of ten minutes to do. How is this possible!? Rusty help!!!!!!!!! The scary salary cap monster is going to hide under our beds and bite our toes while we sleep tonight...we will turn into zombies for sure! The horror! Oh the horror!! I'm scared. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Funny. You are like a relentless mongoose on that poor cobra. Don't stop now. It' quite enjoyable, redundant, but still comical.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

This just in!! The jets are reportedly going to cut Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith. These moves will clear 27.7 million in cap space - it is also being reported that these moves will take a total of ten minutes to do. How is this possible!? Rusty help!!!!!!!!! The scary salary cap monster is going to hide under our beds and bite our toes while we sleep tonight...we will turn into zombies for sure! The horror! Oh the horror!! I'm scared.

I do not think Rusty is entirely correct when talking about the Jet's salary cap, but let's say they do clear those 3 guys and save 28 million.  That puts them like 8 or 9 million under the cap.  They still need to sign draft picks.  They need to then replace their 2 starting LBs.  Their starting RB and TE are FA's as are both of their starting safeties and both of their guards and one of their DL rotation.  So even though they are under the cap they have very little money to fill a lot of holes.  Considering they were not a good team last year this is a not an enviable position to be in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Check out the number of posts you have verses mine. Now, who's talking to himself? And you should mind your own fiotching business, busy body. I'd be more concerned with where this economy and country are going with these lackluster administrations. My contributing dole is supportting superfluous entitlements. Are you benefitting from the free programs? 53% of this nation are.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Sometimes people refer to others as they actually see themselves. That is one lonely mother #$cker.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

My bold prediction for the 2013 NFL season: every team will be at or under the salary cap when the season begins...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Youngest D in the league waiting on Tom Brady to not suck in the postseason, and they're mocking BB.

Youngest D in the league allowed 28 ppg in this postseason genius. Junior bludgeoned again.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Youngest D in the league waiting on Tom Brady to not suck in the postseason, and they're mocking BB.

Youngest D in the league allowed 28 ppg in this postseason genius. Junior bludgeoned again.

What did Balt's D or SF's D do?

bawaahaha

The guy walks right into the wall again! Priceless!

The 9ers D sucked in the playoffs. The Ravens had the 2nd best D in the playoffs.

Earth to junior - that doesn't ecuse our defense from their sucking.

Junior bludgeoned again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In other shocking news...32 teams will have a combined 309 million to spend on free agents this off season. How can that be? Rusty has been telling me for three years how the foolish and lavish spending of every team in the NFL (except for ours) was going to bring them to "SALARY CAP HELL". I hear "salary cap hell" is as frightening as the Bird Flu. Yeah, apparently it's starting 7 thousand miles away and should reach our shores sometime around...never:)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES's comment:

History major? Thought you were some sort of corporate genius according to you. Getting caught in your lies befits you. Genius.

queenie banned again! wow gotta be 10 times

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

there are certain teams that can get out of salary cap hell because those players stunk up the place.  Would you have the balls to cut Calvin Pace, Bart Scott and Jason Smith?  Pretty easy.  Sanchez will be a little bit more difficult.  You need to get someone else in there at QB first before letting him go.

Bosch is up there and his production was way down.  Back when he signed with Detriot a lot of writers were saying that was a bad move then.  I guess he had one good year before the wheels came off.

Teams that will have a harder time with the cap are Baltimore, Pittsburgh and in a couple of years SF will get hit bad.  While the above probably inprove their teams by just getting rid of those players these teams will lose ground to the other teams in the NFL.