Michael Felger: "Baltimore Wins On Sunday"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Michael Felger:

nfl loves drama... And now that peyton and AP are gone... Ray lewis is next in line to be a huge favorite to play the superbowl...

dont worry at home... We will win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Also, if you're in the AFC Championship, you've done enough things to earn respect. That goes for both teams

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to clouts' comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Gawd forbid a radio personality doesn't bow at TBs feet and pray at the alter of the Hoodie!

As a fan of another team, I chuckle at his homerism toward the Pats.  Interesting take he gets slammed this way just by saying Baltimore wins...

So, you feel it is wrong for any Pats fan to question the loyalty of a local sports radio personality to the local team?  Come on.. it happens every where and you make it out that this stuff doesn't happen any where else.  You actually chuckle at "homerism" like it is unexpected for a fan of any team.  I guess where you are from, there are NO homer fans or media personalities who exhibit "homerism" towards their fav team.  This must mean you are a Jets fan!!!!

HA, so not a Jets fan.  I can't stand all things New York.  I laugh at how everyone gets all worked up about a contrary opinion.  IT'S TALK RADIO!  It means nothing when it comes to the game.  All teams with rabid fan bases are homers.  Can't vouch for Jaguars' fans, both of them, but most teams are pretty rabid in their fan base.

I think what everyone likes alot about the Pats (besides their great success) is how they go about their business, "ignore the noise",  respect their opponent, and don't talk smack.  Sadly, what many (not all) fans like about the team, they don't follow themselves.

What my team preference is has no bearing on the discussion.  I just think a little openness to contrarian opinions would do a few of you some good.

Well if you hate all things NY then welcome!   Sorry about the numerical humiliation we gave the titans at your home opener.  Next year eh? But cause you hate all things NY your ok by me. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Gawd forbid a radio personality doesn't bow at TBs feet and pray at the alter of the Hoodie!

As a fan of another team, I chuckle at his homerism toward the Pats.  Interesting take he gets slammed this way just by saying Baltimore wins...

So, you feel it is wrong for any Pats fan to question the loyalty of a local sports radio personality to the local team?  Come on.. it happens every where and you make it out that this stuff doesn't happen any where else.  You actually chuckle at "homerism" like it is unexpected for a fan of any team.  I guess where you are from, there are NO homer fans or media personalities who exhibit "homerism" towards their fav team.  This must mean you are a Jets fan!!!!

HA, so not a Jets fan.  I can't stand all things New York.  I laugh at how everyone gets all worked up about a contrary opinion.  IT'S TALK RADIO!  It means nothing when it comes to the game.  All teams with rabid fan bases are homers.  Can't vouch for Jaguars' fans, both of them, but most teams are pretty rabid in their fan base.

I think what everyone likes alot about the Pats (besides their great success) is how they go about their business, "ignore the noise",  respect their opponent, and don't talk smack.  Sadly, what many (not all) fans like about the team, they don't follow themselves.

What my team preference is has no bearing on the discussion.  I just think a little openness to contrarian opinions would do a few of you some good.

Don't say contrarian too loud or we all will regret it. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

A caller just called up calling him a fraud pointing out that just because Rahim Moore botched his coverage, that means Flacco will somehow now outperform Brady. 

Under normal circumstances you would not think that a team would be able to both generate the number of improbable big plays and benefit from an astounding number of unforced errors two weeks in a row . . .  but these are not normal circumstances.

I'm not sure I want to start making the Jerome Bettis comparisons just yet, but I think it's worth pointing out that if Baltimore can keep it close (debatable), that only encourages the football gods (or the officials) to interject . . .   well . . .  whatever they may choose to interject.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to LeeOn's comment:

Hey PhilskiW1-Your enlarged Napoleanic Complex of everything NY is showing.

Time to get over it?

Leon!  Long time.  I've hated all things NY since the first smell from the GW bridge.  I asked a guy who went to ny for the first time what he thought.  He said if you get rid of the first floor and the people it could be nice.  Hard to argue with facts ya know.  Having Times Square as your historic symbol just ain't the same since they hid the peep shows eh?  You catching up on the yard work and the twins since your weekends are free?  oh yeah grass is illegal in the Bronx.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I agree with Felger! I'm a gambler-as long as the ravens cover I don't care who wins. If the pats win and go to the SB again...no matter who they play I'm betting the mortage payment on the opponent.

Does anybody know why I would pick any opponenet over the pats in the SB?

Dude, you have to HAVE mortgage payments in order to bet them. I'm sure you old refrigerator box that you live in under the bridge didn't come with payments. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Phil Phil Phil -are you jst another beantownian that is afraid of everything NY?Just because we(new Yorkers) have always looked as boston as our red headed step child from up North somewhere where everybody has that horrible accent doesn't mean you have to bash NY.

As a New Yorker we consider the source of the hate then move on.

Hey look at this a guy from boston doesn't like us?Where's boston?LOL

Lucky for NY you have Long Island and upstate.  But hey 1 big apple dont spoil the whole bunch, eh? People from upstate distance themselves from being part of the city.  Hmmmm. Wonder why.  They sure hate the property taxes they pay to support the city.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

You are correct about your team's preference, but, to take issue with how Pats fans react to contrary opinions is laughable to make it a reason to chuckle at their homerism.  Isn't that what being a fan is about?  Some are extreme to one end while others may be balanced all the way to haters.  What I have found is the "hate" towards the Pats and their fan base is driven by the jealousy seen throughout sports history when one team achieves an inordinate amount of success in relation to others.  One day Pats fans will have to endure the lack of success others are inexperiencing to the delight of everyone.  We did back in the 70's thru the 90's save for a few seasons, but not a stretch like this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Long Island and Upstate NY are beautiful. I go to Indian Lake up in the Adirondacks and the beaches on Long Island but give me the City any day.

Another thing that beantowners hate about NY is is when we say " the City" everybody knows what we're talking about. Everybody because in these United States of America there really is only one "City".

your right upstate and LI have nice places.  LI is really southern ct and upstate is northern pa    How come the city hasn't taken care of the Sandy victims?  I'd thought you proud people would help each other out. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Felger has no idea of what he is talking about half the time. 

Isn't he the loser, wannabe writer (like a reputable paper would hire him) who spread the rumors about Brady "leaking" info about his contract?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sandy- Don't talk about something you know nothing about. The pictures are one thing but to see it with your own eyes is something different.

New Yorkes will be just fine. A very resiliant group.Not too many whiners and if you whine nobody wants to hear it.

I know contractors that are working it . but hey if you think all is fine then sit there sipping on your 32 ouncer, salt free of course!  Like the jets record if you close your eyes real tight it'll go away. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Leon's back parading his internet machismo around. Anyone intimidated by the little bug? Maybe we should take up a collection to get him some male enhancement pills. Then he wouldn't have to come here to compensate for his shortcomings.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts