Michael Griffin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Michael Griffin

ESPN Boston's Mike Reiss believes the Patriots might be interested in free agent FS Michael Griffin if he hits the open market.

More specifically, Reiss thinks Griffin's durability and flexibility makes him the type of player who would typically be "near the top of the Patriots’ wish list." Likely in the market for safety help, the Pats figure to do their homework on all free agent safeties. - rotoworld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: Michael Griffin

Mike obviously hasn't seen too much of him on film. Hes not that good and theres a reason Tennesse is letting him walk. Hes one of those guys I expect the Pats to stay away from him unless they see that his issues are more coachable than talent. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I guess the professional scouts haven't seen much either?

From Scouts, Inc.

Grade: 79 (80 is "outstanding player")

"Griffin is an excellent athlete and is equally adept at ball-hawking run support. He is extremely active and shows excellent speed, foot quickness and body control. He almost has corner skills in coverage and can flip his hips to turn and run with receivers. He shows good foot quickness and transition agility to drive on the ball in front of him. He shows good route awareness and can read the quarterback's eyes."

They have him as the 9th best safety in the NFL.

In Response to Re: Michael Griffin:
    Mike obviously hasn't seen too much of him on film. Hes not that good and theres a reason Tennesse is letting him walk. Hes one of those guys I expect the Pats to stay away from him unless they see that his issues are more coachable than talent. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Griffin:
    I guess the professional scouts haven't seen much either? From Scouts, Inc. Grade: 79 (80 is "outstanding player") "Griffin is an excellent athlete and is equally adept at ball-hawking run support. He is extremely active and shows excellent speed, foot quickness and body control. He almost has corner skills in coverage and can flip his hips to turn and run with receivers. He shows good foot quickness and transition agility to drive on the ball in front of him. He shows good route awareness and can read the quarterback's eyes." They have him as the 9th best safety in the NFL. In Response to Re: Michael Griffin :
    Posted by pyegian

Good info.

I hope Pats take his buddy Cortalnd with him as well.  Then draft an OLB Pass-Rusher, and Dlineman who can push the pocket in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

This is what Bleacher Report says about Griffin.

This is another underrated safety who has killer instincts and amazing coverage skills. Griffin has developed into a smart and confident player with tons of talent around him to improve his success.

Griffin has come into his own at the safety position and could be a superstar in two or three more years. Griffin will put his head down to separate the ball from the receiver and has the ability to pick a lot of balls off.

He is a threat to individual receivers with his turnover abilities which makes him a serious opponent for other offenses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Griffin would instantly upgrade our secondary. He's the type of FS we've been missing for awhile now.

He's one of the players I wanted them to target this off-season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Griffin , Goshton at S  Finnegan at CB  

these are the guys that still play aggresive D even with the new rules ( Merriweather  couldn't adapt or probably wasn't smart enough).. OK Finnegan is probably grey area with aggression! But that is what we need to make opponents WRs pull up a just a bit.

We need a presence like  Rodney, Lawyer, Tim Fox,Willy "Big Play " Clay( all right maybe too stupidly aggressive in Green Bay SB, but we needed him to get there), TBuck and  even Fred Marion.

ooh.... is there a DB out there this year from Miami??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: Michael Griffin":
    This is what Bleacher Report says about Griffin. This is another underrated safety who has killer instincts and amazing coverage skills. Griffin has developed into a smart and confident player with tons of talent around him to improve his success. Griffin has come into his own at the safety position and could be a superstar in two or three more years. Griffin will put his head down to separate the ball from the receiver and has the ability to pick a lot of balls off. He is a threat to individual receivers with his turnover abilities which makes him a serious opponent for other offenses. Posted by sporter81
    Sounds like the kind of player the pats need at the safety position! Go get him Bill

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I love the guy.

Really liked his coming out of college, Texas I believe? I thought he was the best safety in the draft since Sean Taylor (what a tragic story that is).

He played during some awful TEN years, including the whole Vince Young waste of time.

I was mentioning him a week ago with a friend, he'd be near the top of my list of FA, with only pipe dreams like Mario Williams and Vincent Jackson ahead of him.

I think he would really excel on this team...but I will admit that the mystery secondary coach who I think has been killing careers since at least 2008 scares the sh!t out of me.

Butler
    Wheatley
    Wilhite
    Merriweather
    Bodden
    and most recently, McCourty

All started out showing promise, all got steadily worse. There's a glaring problem going on here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Yes, Griffin makes sense - lets see if Kraft and BB want to pony up the coin to bring him on!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brawny27. Show Brawny27's posts

In response to "Re: Michael Griffin":
    I guess the professional scouts haven't seen much either? From Scouts, Inc. Grade: 79 (80 is "outstanding player") "Griffin is an excellent athlete and is equally adept at ball-hawking run support. He is extremely active and shows excellent speed, foot quickness and body control. He almost has corner skills in coverage and can flip his hips to turn and run with receivers. He shows good foot quickness and transition agility to drive on the ball in front of him. He shows good route awareness and can read the quarterback's eyes." They have him as the 9th best safety in the NFL. In Response to Re: Michael Griffin : Posted by pyegian
    It is a must to sign free agent talent this off season to help the defense! Go patriots,most needed help at safety and corner..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

If we could sign him that allows us to use our higher picks on something other than safety. BB has set this offseason up perfectly to put the final pieces on a team that is going to dominate. 

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts