Michael Lombardi A Smart Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Michael Lombardi A Smart Man

In a Bill Simmons "BS Report" podcast from earlier this year, Mike Lombardi of NFL Network opined on the Patriots' offense and said the following:
    "I think they have to go back and redefine themselves. They've become a little bit like the Miami Dolphins when they had Danny Marino and only [Mark] Clayton and [Mark] Duper could play. The volume of offense became so great that no young player or any experienced player could come in and do it. .. They have to clean up the system."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man

In Response to Michael Lombardi A Smart Man:
    In a Bill Simmons " BS Report " podcast from earlier this year, Mike Lombardi of NFL Network opined on the Patriots' offense and said the following: "I think they have to go back and redefine themselves. They've become a little bit like the Miami Dolphins when they had Danny Marino and only [Mark] Clayton and [Mark] Duper could play. The volume of offense became so great that no young player or any experienced player could come in and do it. .. They have to clean up the system."
    Posted by BassFishing

Really? Gronk and Herdz didnt have any trouble picking it up. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

when you cut and paste something, you should give proper attribution

for instance the above link is:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4719944/reduce-the-offense-in-12

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man:
    when you cut and paste something, you should give proper attribution for instance the above link is: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4719944/reduce-the-offense-in-12
    Posted by provpats

I already started this thread with Changing the Offense in 2012.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Really? Gronk and Herdz didnt have any trouble picking it up. 
    Posted by Patsman3

Never let actual information stand in the way of a cherry-picked opinion that supports your own.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

What's so funny is Mr Blow His Own Horn ignores what Lombardi actually said . . . that the Pats are going back to what they were like in 2007!  Mr Blow His Own Horn has been yelling about the horrors of 2007 for months now. 

Later, when speaking about Josh McDaniels joining the Patriots as offensive coordinator, Lombardi added: "I think he'll redefine the offense. I think it will become a little different. It will become a little bit more power, a little bit more back to where they were in, say, '07."

Personally, I think BB is trying to bring in the players he needs to get more production out of the backfield (in the passing game as well as the running game) plus with Lloyd he's trying to get more of a perimeter, deep threat going.  This is completely consistent with what many of us have been saying all year. They didn't have the horses for a power running game and they didn't have a decent deep/perimeter game.  Their talent really was concentrated on guys who work the short middle of the field (Welker, Gronk, Hernandez).  BB is trying to expand the diversity of the talent so we can do more than what we did last year. 

As far as "cleaning up the system" . . . we'll see.  I doubt BB is going to dumb it down too much.  He's never been a dumb it down kind of guy.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If someone has the same opinion as Rusty they're brilliant if they don't they're fat, balding dorks. Nothing much new here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

If someone has the same opinion as Rusty they're brilliant if they don't they're fat, balding dorks. Nothing much new here.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

at least hes down to one persona, baby steps.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : at least hes down to one persona, baby steps.
    Posted by ChasaB

Jesus.....this thread seems like some little girls cat fight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

If anything 07 was the least powerful year in the Tom Brady era it was pure finesse. It worked great till they figured it out, all we need is misdirection and we're going to roll! You must keep the D guessing even if the passing is going well in my opinion that's what makes a great OC. I think having Lloyd will change alot of how our offense is played, you can't double them all. So all Brady will need to be is efficient find the open man and sling it in there, it's simple!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Jesus.....this thread seems like some little girls cat fight.
    Posted by jaxpat

Thats what this entire forum has become!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : at least hes down to one persona, baby steps.
    Posted by ChasaB

Who is down to one persona?  Lombardi? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Is it really a lot to ask for fans to be consistent, knowledgeable, not be hypocritical, and be genuine and honest here?  Is it?  Maybe the people I agree wth just know what they're talking about and show some consistency in their analysis and their support of their own opinions?  Shoot us for that. Jesus, Z.

It's amazing to me, that what really should be good philosophical discussion, somehow turns into insecure people not adding to the topic of the thread. I'm one who tries to start topics that are intended to initiate good discussion here.

Go look at Commie Contrarians threads. Look at Babe Parilli's. 

Don't Sleep and myself posted the same kind of thread minutes apart and this
    one has gone to hell with a complete derailment of the topic at hand.

Great job, Z, adding nothign to thhis thread!

Are some of you this sensitive and unable to admit we had a problem on offense that now BB Is finally addressing this problem, to the point it's still a taboo topic due to Brady's flaws?

Christ, I'd hate to see when some of your are wrong with things in your life.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Ho Hum, Ho Hum, Rusty's beating on his drum...  
    Same old thing we've heard before
    and yet, we're forced to hear it more..
    It's such a shameful f()cking bore.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Haha, not knocking you for that, to each his own. I was disinterested in the rehashed topics that pop up every other day so I chimed in with the rest of the crowd. Just something to do to waste a few minutes at work. I don't visit here enough anymore or have the time at the moment to get into the big discussions.   

You can dish it out with the best of them but go off the chain if you're questioned, relax, just a little friendly razzing. Don't take anything I say personally. You have to admit, you overdo it with the fat, balding dork line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If the point is that the Pats should have more of a ground game in their offense, then I agree.  If Lombardi is saying the Pats should/are going to more of a downfield aerial game than I'm concerned. 

Perhaps Rusty does overstate his case in making a point but I can't disagree with his premise that more of a running game will improve the offense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll tell you what, instead of dumbing down the offense (to let's say a Rusty level), how about we bring in people that are smart enough to learn it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

how much more of a running game?  10 more carries?  15 more carries?

I proved in another thread that in the regular season the difference per game between 2004 (the heaviest run year with a border HOF RB) and 2011 was 5 carries a game.

Or do you just want it for the playoff when these statistics don't fit your theory?

Can anyone quantify how much they want to increase the run game?  Or is it just more of let's go back to Amos Alonzo Stagg with all the rules favoring a passing game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I'll tell you what, instead of dumbing down the offense (to let's say a Rusty level), how about we bring in people that are smart enough to learn it?
    Posted by mthurl

Torry Holt, who was highly respected as an intelligent WR for years in this league, spoke of how difficult this offense was, before his legs gave out and he retired in 2010.

I think their intent WAS to get hardworking intelligent WRs in here.  Only Galloway as a veteran didn't pan out in recent years Before that, Michael Haynes in 2002.

We never really saw Greg Lewis here, but they cut bait with that early on.

It's a catch 22, Corky.  Did you ever tell us what your career is by the way? lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Haha, not knocking you for that, to each his own. I was disinterested in the rehashed topics that pop up every other day so I chimed in with the rest of the crowd. Just something to do to waste a few minutes at work. I don't visit here enough anymore or have the time at the moment to get into the big discussions.    You can dish it out with the best of them but go off the chain if you're questioned, relax, just a little friendly razzing. Don't take anything I say personally. You have to admit, you overdo it with the fat, balding dork line.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

How about a geeky lard with a receding hair line?    lol

Me "overdoing" it is really being consistent and sticking to my guns.

I get mocked for every opinion I make here, and becase we have some blinded Brady lovers, any educated premise is cast off.

Now we have Mike Lombardi getting off the phone with BB and basically reinforcing what I and many others have been saying all year.   We need more commitment to a run game and to dictate more with the use of makeshift FB and a legit blocking TE.

Very simple.  Wouldn't it be easier if the BBWs just admitted as such?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : How about a geeky lard with a receding hair line?    lol Me "overdoing" it is really being consistent and sticking to my guns. I get mocked for every opinion I make here, and becase we have some blinded Brady lovers, any educated premise is cast off. Now we have Mike Lombardi getting off the phone with BB and basically reinforcing what I and many others have been saying all year.   We need more commitment to a run game and to dictate more with the use of makeshift FB and a legit blocking TE. Very simple.  Wouldn't it be easier if the BBWs just admitted as such?
    Posted by BassFishing

IMO, you are right more times than not, rusty. The problem people have with you, is you  feel a need to berate people when they do not agree with you. So what if you are right? It doesn't mean that you are a bigger or more passionate fan. Why do you feel you have to win the discussion? Obviously you are a huge Pats fan. Do you feel a need to prove it? Do you have a need to show your superiority? I dont get it.
       Just remember, at the end of the day, we are all fans and I for one like having other people to enjoy a victory with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I agree. One difference is, if I was wrong and it was evident, I'd say so. The reason this board is ruined is because the ones who were so arrogant and wrong for 2+ years, still haven't ADMITTED it.

Admit it and we move on. They are very weak people.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Looking forward to the new look offense. We need some creativity and diversity in our scheme, which has been lacking since McDaniels left. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I agree. One difference is, if I was wrong and it was evident, I'd say so. The reason this board is ruined is because the ones who were so arrogant and wrong for 2+ years, still haven't ADMITTED it. Admit it and we move on. They are very weak people.
    Posted by BassFishing

So do you still think Mankins' agent blew the contract negotiation or can you admit you were wrong on that? 

Sections
Shortcuts