Michael Lombardi A Smart Man

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man

In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : i've never seen you admit to being wrong about anything even when proven so...ever. and YOU calling anyone arrogant is the equivalent of charles manson calling someone else "crazy"...now that's weak i know, i know: loser, troll, no life, dork, low IQ, manning blows, jints are lucky and got handed everything, i work at 7-11...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

This is soo true Jints. Never admitting he's wrong is one thing, the arrogance is another thing. He's arrogant with everyone on the forum...literally at one time or another either that or he's just generally stated he's soo smart. It's a bad quality is a person, knowing he's right should be enough! For the record as well jints I think you're proven at this stage as a productive forum member at least you're not here like the Yets fans just stirring all the time! I mean i'm not sure why you'd want to be here man....i wouldn't want to be on a Giants forum but fair enough at least you're not a di ck

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Where did I ever say Mankins's agent blew the negotiation? If I wanted BB to tag and trade Mankins and said that in early season 2010, why would I say Mankins lost? You just got caught lying like a sneak yet again.  LOSER. As proven, Mankins is overpaid and overrated like I said in 2010.  Case finalized.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

He might be overpaid but that's no ones fault but the NFL. Who's fault is it that Mankins got paid what he did, is it his for asking for what he deserves to be paid because of the wage scale of the NFL. Or is it every other left guard in the NFL over the past 50 years who escalated the expected contract for a top 5 guard? How is he overated? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

I've always thought Sammy Morris going down in 07 was a big loss that went overlooked while the media focused on spygate and blueprints--to me the offense was not quite the same after his injury

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : He might be overpaid but that's no ones fault but the NFL. Who's fault is it that Mankins got paid what he did, is it his for asking for what he deserves to be paid because of the wage scale of the NFL. Or is it every other left guard in the NFL over the past 50 years who escalated the expected contract for a top 5 guard? How is he overated? 
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

He's overrated because he takes dumb penalties, is undisciplined, is an average pass blocker on a team that passes 40 times per game, and is in the league where there is a glut of really good Guards in this league.

That's why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Where did I ever say Mankins's agent blew the negotiation? If I wanted BB to tag and trade Mankins and said that in early season 2010, why would I say Mankins lost?  Mankins got Evans money I didn't want for this team.   You seem to want to have overpaid players like Mankins and Brady. I don't. I want winners in the postseason, Johnny. You just got caught lying like a sneak yet again.  LOSER. As proven, Mankins is overpaid and overrated like I said in 2010.  Case finalized.

Yeah, right.  Look who can't admit he was wrong.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : He's overrated because he takes dumb penalties, is undisciplined, is an average pass blocker on a team that passes 40 times per game, and is in the league where there is a glut of really good Guards in this league. That's why.

Name 5 better guards, I know a few had better years last year fair enough. But i don't think you'll find 5

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Name 5 better guards, I know a few had better years last year fair enough. But i don't think you'll find 5

To start you don't have to look too far, Brian Waters out played Mankins by a lot. Both Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans had outstanding 2011 All Pro years. Kris Dielmann is one of the better pulling guards and has great pass blocking technique. Then there's Josh Sitton from the packers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : To start you don't have to look too far, Brian Waters out played Mankins by a lot. Both Carl Nicks and Jahri Evans had outstanding 2011 All Pro years. Kris Dielmann is one of the better pulling guards and has great pass blocking technique. Then there's Josh Sitton from the packers.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

Fair enough man i won't argue they all had better years. Marshall Yanda also had a better year. Mankins has had some awesome years for this franchise though. He may be overpaid but that's the NFLs fault with it's lucratives contract competition. I don't think he's overated he's had 3 one sack seasons. He also sets the tone for our O line

EDIT: I'd just like to add Mankins is the 2nd highest paid guard. Nicks is 1st simply because he signed his contract soonest, Evans was the highest paid he's now the 3rd highest I assume because he signed his the longest ago. Marshall Yanda's contract is worth 32 million over 5 years. Dielmann was on big money before he retired, Sitton also just got paid big money. It's not Mankin's fault it's the way the NFL is!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Fair enough man i won't argue they all had better years. Marshall Yanda also had a better year. Mankins has had some awesome years for this franchise though. He may be overpaid but that's the NFLs fault with it's lucratives contract competition. I don't think he's overated he's had 3 one sack seasons. He also sets the tone for our O line

I think Mankins agent had a lot to do with that. If everyone recalls Mankin's agent wasn't the most truthful but he got the big pay day for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Getting back to Rusty's point I for one would be extremely happy if they went back to being a more balanced offense making it more difficult to defend. They have some great weapons with the TEs and receivers. A dominating running game with a back who can punish the defense, catch passes coming out of the back field, and be in position on screens would keep other teams defenses on their heels. It's the one element of this offense that defensive coordinators from other teams see as being missing and can exploit.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

n Response to Re: PAY THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!! : lol A little high strung, aren't we? What do you suggest? Put the offer back on the table and he see if he wises up? I am pretty sure he realizes he made an enormous mistake like Moss just did. You call me a jerk off, yet this guy basically slandered the guy who signs his checks and acted like a bi-polar neanderthal for 4+ months. Take it up with him.  He didn't hurt my feelings at all. I predicted he would be absolutely foolish to take a gamble of getting more than 7 million into a new CBA starting in 2011.  The threat of the lock out alone makes his decision stupid. He didn't offend me at all. He was dumb and misled by his agent, Frank Bauer.  Bauer wants more of a commission and it backfired.
    Posted by BBReigns

So you still think Mankins was absolutely foolish to gamble on getting more than $7 million?  Or will you admit now that Mankins wasn't quite so much of an idiot -- and you were wrong?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : He's overrated because he takes dumb penalties, is undisciplined, is an average pass blocker on a team that passes 40 times per game, and is in the league where there is a glut of really good Guards in this league. That's why.

Rusty, are my eyes going bad or do your statistics show that you have posted over 1,000 times in about a month?  Holy cow!  This is why some employers cut off Internet at work lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Ho Hum, Ho Hum, Rusty's beating on his drum...   Same old thing we've heard before and yet, we're forced to hear it more.. It's such a shameful f()cking bore.....
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    I see and double your f()cking bore.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : Torry Holt, who was highly respected as an intelligent WR for years in this league, spoke of how difficult this offense was, before his legs gave out and he retired in 2010. I think their intent WAS to get hardworking intelligent WRs in here.  Only Galloway as a veteran didn't pan out in recent years Before that, Michael Haynes in 2002. We never really saw Greg Lewis here, but they cut bait with that early on. It's a catch 22, Corky.  Did you ever tell us what your career is by the way? lol

What is your source of Holt's intelligence. For years I've read that the most cerebral players on the field came down to QBs and O linemen. If this system is so difficult, then why not implement the KISS principle. Why make it so outrageously complex that nearly all free agenst coming to this system can't grasp it? Offensive routes are offensive routes. The concept is to keep the defensive side of the ball guessing and anticipating what the O is going to throw/run at you on down and distance. It's not designed to confuse the Pats' skilled O threats. Do you really think that all the players in the present O system are all so smart to totally understand what their assignment is on every play? They err like any other athlete. What is the total football IQ of the entire offensive weaponry? From my own observation, I've noticed minor tweeks, especially in the passing game. When Ds play lock on man and not zone, they usually have more success in stopping that vaunted passing attack. This is where I have to agree with increasing the run game enough for play action and keeping the opposition more honest. Even if it's 5 or 6 more per game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I agree. One difference is, if I was wrong and it was evident, I'd say so. The reason this board is ruined is because the ones who were so arrogant and wrong for 2+ years, still haven't ADMITTED it. Admit it and we move on. They are very weak people.
    There was your chance to absolve yourself. Maybe next time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

If there is a glut of 'really good guards' in this league, then why did they franchise him? Why not pursue a guard of equal or better talent and save beaucoup bucks for the cap?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I would have traded him if possible for a bad team's second rounder. I think Brady likes Mankins.  Brady gets what he wants.

Also, I think it would have been tough to trade a greedy LG, so they ended up keeping him v.s. continuing to see him sit out with a tag in 2011.  In other words, they caved in and kept their 2005 1st rd pick investment.  It's over with now. I just never agreed with caving into an overrated LG.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : What is your source of Holt's intelligence. For years I've read that the most cerebral players on the field came down to QBs and O linemen. If this system is so difficult, then why not implement the KISS principle. Why make it so outrageously complex that nearly all free agenst coming to this system can't grasp it? Offensive routes are offensive routes. The concept is to keep the defensive side of the ball guessing and anticipating what the O is going to throw/run at you on down and distance. It's not designed to confuse the Pats' skilled O threats. Do you really think that all the players in the present O system are all so smart to totally understand what their assignment is on every play? They err like any other athlete. What is the total football IQ of the entire offensive weaponry? From my own observation, I've noticed minor tweeks, especially in the passing game. When Ds play lock on man and not zone, they usually have more success in stopping that vaunted passing attack. This is where I have to agree with increasing the run game enough for play action and keeping the opposition more honest. Even if it's 5 or 6 more per game.
    Posted by GEAUX-TIGRES[/QUOTE]

His ability to line up in different spots and produce in the Martz offense as well as his scholastic accomplishments in high school and prep school. I don't think he'd have earned those things if he wasn't somewhat intelligent.

That's my source.  What is your source for disputing his intelligence?

Part of the reason, IMO, the system is complex and why it's a good thing, is the payoff. Just like on D, it takes time, but a big reason why we won 3 SBs is because of the depth of the offense and defense here in terms of scheme, where BB could alter gameplans week-to-week.

That's why. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : His gamble paid off which I believe I acknowledged AFTER his deal was announced.   I wouldn't have done it.  What has Mankins earned from it, however? To be worse and now get injured again?  Great! BB's worst contract of his tenure, IMO. But I was not wrong with his agent being a douchenozzle like Mankins. Or Revis, for that matter. No thanks.  I don't want overpaid, selfish players here because they aren't winners.  Mankins is not a winner and nor are you, union drip.

Well we all know that you're a big winner . . . how's the call center treating you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : How am I wrong, moron? Brian Waters blew Mankins's 2011 performance out of the water! I argued in 2010 this offense was as good with Connolly at LG than what Makins was doing here.   Drips like you see a name on the jersey, a fu manchu and a scowl from old Logie and can't analyze correctly.  Dan Connolly was just fine at LG.   So, just how was I "wrong"?  I'm wrong because BB caved?  Ok, gee, I am "wrong". lol  I'll be wrong again on something like that too. Right now, I'd deal Welker for Forte if I could or a 1st rd pick if it meant us getting a legit, All Pro lead RB in here. If we don't, I'll be "wrong", won't I, dork?   You're such a tool.  An opinion doesn't mean someone is "wrong". I said I wouldn't cave into Logie and to call his bluff. BB chose not to and here we are with an overrated LG with a blown out leg because he got paid. Super!

You were wrong when you said Mankins was an idiot for negotiating the way he did . . . but you're having a real tough time admiting it.  Which only makes you wrong twice on this thread--because despite what you claimed to the contrary above, you really can't admit you're wrong. Ever. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : I had no idea a bd consultant in healthcare/medical device worked in a call center. You're a moron. Pay your union dues yet? lmao Did you ever tell us when your 1st Pats game was, Johnny (Come Lately)?

You answer phones all day . . . when you're not posting on the internet . . . sounds like a call center to me. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : You were wrong when you said Mankins was an idiot for negotiating the way he did . . . but you're having a real tough time admiting it.  Which only makes you wrong twice on this thread--because despite what you claimed to the contrary above, you really can't admit you're wrong. Ever.    
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I am wrong in that he got paid what he wanted. All I care about is how he performs. Guess what? I was right.

You're too belligerent to say "you were right, he looks worse for being selfish and not being as good as he thinks he is".  Financially, I was wrong, but from an analysis standpoint, I was spot on. He's overrated.

The irony is, he's a good run blocker and you want less running. LOL!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : You answer phones all day . . . when you're not posting on the internet . . . sounds like a call center to me. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Trust me when I tell you you're 180 degrees wrong on that.    You, however, are in a union or are pro union as we learned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael Lombardi A Smart Man : I am wrong in that he got paid what he wanted. All I care about is how he performs. Guess what? I was right. You're too belligerent to say "you were right, he looks worse for being selfish and not being as good as he thinks he is".  Financially, I was wrong, but from an analysis standpoint, I was spot on. He's overrated. The irony is, he's a good run blocker and you want less running. LOL!

I never said I want less running.  You keep saying that I said that, but again, you're wrong.  What I said is that running BJGE more wasn't the answer.  I'm fine with them running more once they get the right set of backs.