Michael Lombardi....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Michael Lombardi....

Another bad signing by the Patriots.  Apparently he isn't the answer.  I thought this guy was supposed to help us out.  No wonder the Browns let him go.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Michael Lombardi....

In response to TFB12's comment:

Another bad signing by the Patriots.  Apparently he isn't the answer.  I thought this guy was supposed to help us out.  No wonder the Browns let him go.

But I thought Lombardi was the savior when we signed Revis and Browner?  LOL!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Kraft must have said screw it, I will sign Revis and Browner.... then did it... like a BOSS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty has no defense for this draft other then trying to blame past losses on Brady.  You know Rusty never played the game.  He reads books about it, the wrong ones apparently.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

I don't get some people here. 

Brady is retiring in 3-5 years. That's inevitable, and while everyone here would love to see Tom continue to play for the rest of eternity, that isn't going to happen. Obviously Belichick and co. don't feel Mallett is the answer at QB after Brady departs. Based on this, they felt it worthwhile to invest a draft pick (which is entirely a crapshoot to begin with) on a player they feel has the potential to be a successful starting QB in the NFL. Fact is, you don't draft a guy and turn him into a starter overnight. It takes time and sitting behind Brady is only going to help Jimmy. Better to get a jumpstart on the Brady replacement than to wait until he does indeed walk away. 

And for what it's worth, this pick was done with the idea of JG being the starter one day. This isn't a strategic move in order to trade Mallett (although it does give them that flexibility now). Belichick and Lombardi are truly searching for a Brady replacement at this point, ala the Favre-Rodgers situation. Good for them -- I have no problem with the pick.

Let's go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I liked the first round pick a lot, but hated the QB pick.

Having said that, if Brady goes down or shows his age, and this guy comes in and plays well, BB looks like a genius. Still, don't like this one at the moment but I will take a long view on it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I never understood the Lombardi worship. He is a fine evaluator of talent. He has BB's ear. BB listens, same as he does with all of his other staff. Then BB makes up his mind on what to do, even if it goes against Lombardi's opinion.

Period. THis is BB's team, and BB makes every and all decisions.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

I don't get some people here. 

Brady is retiring in 3-5 years. That's inevitable, and while everyone here would love to see Tom continue to play for the rest of eternity, that isn't going to happen. Obviously Belichick and co. don't feel Mallett is the answer at QB after Brady departs. Based on this, they felt it worthwhile to invest a draft pick (which is entirely a crapshoot to begin with) on a player they feel has the potential to be a successful starting QB in the NFL. Fact is, you don't draft a guy and turn him into a starter overnight. It takes time and sitting behind Brady is only going to help Jimmy. Better to get a jumpstart on the Brady replacement than to wait until he does indeed walk away. 

And for what it's worth, this pick was done with the idea of JG being the starter one day. This isn't a strategic move in order to trade Mallett (although it does give them that flexibility now). Belichick and Lombardi are truly searching for a Brady replacement at this point, ala the Favre-Rodgers situation. Good for them -- I have no problem with the pick.

Let's go Pats!

You take a QB in the second rd it means no way Brady is playing 3-5 more years. 2 at the MOST and don't be shocked if it's only 2014 and done.

That's what the pick screams to me....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Jimmy G is a long, long ways off from being able to take the field in the NFL

I would assume he does not take a single snap this season

If Mallett is dealt, I would also bet the Pats bring in another vet and go with 3 QB's this year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

No, no, no - that was then.  He's fallen out of favor here because some people's flavors of the month weren't picked (or is it licked?).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

We'll probably never know what Lombardi felt about the draft - certainly not while he is still employed by the Pats and the proverbial gag order is in place.

BTW ... am I the only one that finds it strange that the official Pats web site doesn't list Lombardi on either the Coaching Staff or the Front Office???    Steve Belichick is listed among the coaches but Lombardi is nowhere to be found???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I don't know anything about the QB but as others have said the Pats at some point have to find a replacement for Brady. BB and the scouting staff like this kid and who are we to say they did the wrong thing. I have never seen this kid play at all so I can't say anything about his ability. Being an NFL QB not only requires physical ability but it also requires a great deal of mental ability. Reading defenses and understanding coverages is a huge aspect of that position.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimbob500. Show jimbob500's posts

My goodness you have been running around this forum acting like a child! Our New England Pats have signed Revis, Browner , Lafell and re-uped Edelman. BB took a player that has immense upside in round 1, then absolutely looked into the future with Garappolo. 

Stop whining. The Patriots have 7 selections today. Let's see what they do. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jimbob500's comment:

My goodness you have been running around this forum acting like a child! Our New England Pats have signed Revis, Browner , Lafell and re-uped Edelman. BB took a player that has immense upside in round 1, then absolutely looked into the future with Garappolo. 

Thank you! End of thread.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jimbob500's comment:

I feel TE is a huge need for this team for now and the future.  Please mr. wise one, tell me with those 7 picks can the Pats fill this TE position?  I do not think so, not unless they get Fiedorowicz away from the Texans with a Mallet trade.  So 7 picks really don't mean much to me with such a huge TE position not addressed for the future.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

C'mon TFB12!! Your a good poster but your recent draft posts are bordering on trolling! I learned with the David Terrell / Richard Seymour draft that BB knows more than we do! He has eaned a little more latitude than you and many posters here are giving him! Stay well brother!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

C'mon TFB12!! Your a good poster but your recent draft posts are bordering on trolling! I learned with the David Terrell / Richard Seymour draft that BB knows more than we do! He has eaned a little more latitude than you and many posters here are giving him! Stay well brother!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

Dude, spin it any way you want, we blew it at TE this year.  5 solid TE's that would be huge for this team and BB didn't go get any of them.  That is inexcusable!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Pats were looking around at a few, I believe Jake Murphy was one who has been a bit overlooked and could certainly get a look see..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

The Pats were looking around at a few, I believe Jake Murphy was one who has been a bit overlooked and could certainly get a look see..

I think we would seriously be reaching here.

However, his Dad was a very good ML baseball player.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Agreed with Jimbob, there is no need to whine right now. The team is better than last season already (revis, browner, lafell) and Easley could turn into a stud, a ton of upside.

Yes, TE is a need but if they sign Keller it doesn't look as bad. there are also many late round TEs available that could fill in. I don't think its THAT big of a need.

Garappolo could turn out to be an amazing pick and if not, oh well. It's better to be early rather than late. 

The PAts just picked Stork who will compete with Wendell for the C spot and we have SIX more picks! So chill out and let it happen 

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Dude, spin it any way you want, we blew it at TE this year.  5 solid TE's that would be huge for this team and BB didn't go get any of them.  That is inexcusable!!

How? Amaro could be shut down with physicality.

The one guy I liked, ASJ, has major questions about his love for the game and some off-field issues.

Troy Niklas is raw.

CJF is decent but I'm not jumping off a bridge we didn't get him.

Not a big deal. None of these kids, besides Ebron, are studs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Agreed with Jimbob, there is no need to whine right now. The team is better than last season already (revis, browner, lafell) and Easley could turn into a stud, a ton of upside.

Yes, TE is a need but if they sign Keller it doesn't look as bad. there are also many late round TEs available that could fill in. I don't think its THAT big of a need.

Garappolo could turn out to be an amazing pick and if not, oh well. It's better to be early rather than late. 

The PAts just picked Stork who will compete with Wendell for the C spot and we have SIX more picks! So chill out and let it happen 

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

Stork is a bad pick here dude.

Graded a 5.1, considered to be a 7th rnd pick/undrafted.  Outlook, 50/50 chance to make a NFL team.

Stork didn’t participate in the combine due to injuries to his knee and both shoulders. Almost had finger amputated in 12. Toe surgery in 13

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Bryan Stork:

On the season, started all 13 games played at center for the national champs and won the Rimington Trophy as the nation's top center.

Bottom Line
    Good-sized, bump-and-steer blocker ideally suited for a zone-blocking, slide-protection scheme. Smart, tough technician capable of serving as an interior swing backup and could eventually fend for a starting job as a pivot. Will be best developed by a patient, respectful position coach.

BB loves swing linemen and he obviously wasn't too bad if he won nations best center.

Stop looking at EVERY SINGLE negative and look at JUST ONE positive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Good knee jerk thread!

Sections
Shortcuts