MICHAEL SAM.. BB+Rexy are all in, who nails him FIRST?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: MICHAEL SAM.. BB+Rexy are all in, who nails him FIRST?

This guy is not a second round talent, he is a nice little player that hustles and has a relentless motor, but he is limited as a player. This guy is not big enough to play end exclusively, he's not fast/quick enough to be feared as a pass rusher, he can't drop back in space to play 34 linebacker, he's not tall enough to disrupt throwing lanes when he can't get to the quarterback...he's a fifth round pick...anything higher than that is a severe reach. The guy playing opposite him (Ealy) is bigger, stronger and faster. Last week Ealy ran a 4.59 forty, while Sam ran a 4.8 - add in the fact Ealy is 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier and it's easy to see why Sam had the production he did in college. And for the record, I'm not a big Ealy fan either.

I think Sam has a chance to be a situational rusher in the right scheme and with a lot of hard work, more than that...but he's not that player right now. That's why I can't in vision him going in the second round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Agree with Mhurl. I like him as a motivational player only late in the draft on day 3 or as an UDFA where there is little risk involved. Being gay with all the PR benefits of attracting more gay fans to the team is not sufficient reason to take a player who may not have the physical skills to compete in the league. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This guy is not a second round talent, he is a nice little player that hustles and has a relentless motor, but he is limited as a player. This guy is not big enough to play end exclusively, he's not fast/quick enough to be feared as a pass rusher, he can't drop back in space to play 34 linebacker, he's not tall enough to disrupt throwing lanes when he can't get to the quarterback...he's a fifth round pick...anything higher than that is a severe reach. The guy playing opposite him (Ealy) is bigger, stronger and faster. Last week Ealy ran a 4.59 forty, while Sam ran a 4.8 - add in the fact Ealy is 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier and it's easy to see why Sam had the production he did in college. And for the record, I'm not a big Ealy fan either.

I think Sam has a chance to be a situational rusher in the right scheme and with a lot of hard work, more than that...but he's not that player right now. That's why I can't in vision him going in the second round.

Sam is, at best, a late fourth rounder...and he'l be a distraction in a year we'll be in the hunt for a SB...Let Rexy have him and let someone fall down to us as a result, shades of the great BB-Ghoulston fake-out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am not opposed to giving the guy a shot, but isn't he going to be a bigger spectacle than TT? Is Sam worth that trouble? Will he be better than Buchanon or WSmith? Can he play standing up on the OLB spot as depth? 

Sam appears to be the type of player that BB or even Rexy likes to bring in and see where it goes, but will the media allow Samand the Pats a fair evaluation? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Looking at Sam as only a football player, I wouldn't waste a pick on the guy.  Was not impressed at all from what I saw watching him at the combine.  Thought he fell back a couple rounds from his performance.  If he is still there at round 6 and 7 then take a flier on the guy.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Sections
Shortcuts