MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, BRADY won on the PATS... agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, BRADY won on the PATS... agree?

each team gets to pick a winner. each of the recipients get to come to baltimore in march for some ceremony. the award honors players who exemplify commitment to the principles of sportsmanship and courage. hey, if his teammates can forgive vick and move on, perhaps some of the more self-righteous and judgmental amongst us on this board can do likewise. thomas brady won for successfully coming back from his reconstructive knee surgery, but i would have nominated kevin faulk (just because), randy moss (for having to carry that big old atlas on shoulders all by himself), Maroney (for unnecessarily having to duck bullets from his own homebase), wes welker (for overcoming height and racial discrimination to become an elite short white wide receiver), and adelius thomas (for maximizing delusional self-confidence and courage despite all the obvious signs of facts). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, who should win it on the PATS?

Did you just get back from vacation?  They already announced Brady as the winner a few days ago.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, who should win it on the PATS?

I really don't see how anyone on the offense could have won....NO-ONE ON OFFENSE CAN (ED) BLOCK.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Re: MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, BRADY won on the PATS... agree?

you got a point there caraway. i never heard or read anything on that. should have assumed that the pats must have also voted on or around the same time. just presumed all teams were on their own schedules in terms of the nomination and voting process. if we crush the ravens again in the playoffs, not sure how well that trip will go for brady. do u agree with the choice? wonder who the other teams picked? will have to goog it. brady's mates seem to really rally around him. mcnabb's not so much. i would guess with the stuff he had to overcome last year and with the vick threat right on his bench, his teammates would have voted him in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: MICHAEL VICK given the ED BLOCK COURAGE AWARD by his teammates, BRADY won on the PATS... agree?

I don't know what either of them did to earn the Award.  I think Charity is a part of it also.  If all Vick did was manage to not go back to jail for the past year than I don't think he deserves it.  Vick recovered from a mess that he made, that is like shooting yourself in the foot and then receiving a purple heart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's a joke that he won ANYTHING associated with "Courage".

Does it take courage to drag yourself to your 1.5 million dollar a year job? Would he have been willing to take the scrutiny had he NOT been making big money?

Maybe in time, he would actually prove he is deserving of some positive recognition, but he has not atoned in 3 years (one being very well paid) for what he had been doing for much longer. Ex-gang bangers can get pulitzer peace prizes...after years in jail, and working (without comensation, notoriety, or hope of early release) for YEARS before being acknowledged, and that seems fair. Vick only does the community service because he HAS to. He is now trying to salvage his image, I dont believe for one second he's actually remorseful for what he did, only for what it cost him. Go back and look at his words when the story started to break. How stand-off-ish, rude, and downright beliigerent he was. "I'll be completely exonnerated, you'll see", his words, not mine...and his words at a time when he KNEW he was guilty as sin, and he seemed angry that anyone even dare ask the question.

He has done nothing to deserve any awards, he shouold be thankful to have the priviledge of making millions. If he has any class or real remorse, he will not accept.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

When he's outof The Big House and eligible, Plax is going to get the Nobel Peace Prize, for not hiw work in stopping shootings (he can't do it again while in "stir".) If Obamarama Himself can get one, why not Plax?

Sections
Shortcuts