MICHAEL VICK MVP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

MICHAEL VICK MVP

Just watch, and New England could have had him and traded Brady for 2 first rounders and saved 40 Million. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Re: MICHAEL VICK MVP

I opened this and couldn't remember why I had you on ignore. Then I removed the ignore and read your post......and then I immediately remembered again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

cowmuck.gif cow poop picture by auntbet98
          Michael Vick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to MICHAEL VICK MVP:
    [QUOTE] Just watch, and New England could have had him and traded Brady for 2 first rounders and saved 40 Million. 
    Posted by whitetrashgang[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

No doubt Vick is having a good year, and is throwing the ball well and running like his old self. But to say "we coulda had him", or even "we shoulda got him" and traded Brady is absolutely crazy. No way I trade Brady at this point for 2 first rounders. Especially not the way the Pats draft in the 1st round. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Hmmm.  Vick and 2 first rounders.  Coulda kept Seymour too with the money saved. 

We'll never know of course how things would have turned out.  But, we can watch the performance of the two players this year.

That was an unbelievable throw Vick made out of his own endzone 50 yards down the field to hit his reciever in stride.  Brady couldn't make that play I don't think.  Aside from the lack of deep accuracy and arm strength, he doesn't have the mobility to be trusted on a long developing play out of the endzone. 

Major drawback is the risk of injury to Vick when he decides to run.  Because of that you must have a solid number 2 which will cost a bit too.

As for the dog fighting, I can't justify torturing dogs.  I think basically good people can get sucked into that, and I don't think it marks you as evil for life.  Still, how anyone can torture the dogs is beyond me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: MICHAEL VICK MVP:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm.  Vick and 2 first rounders.  Coulda kept Seymour too with the money saved.  We'll never know of course how things would have turned out.  But, we can watch the performance of the two players this year. That was an unbelievable throw Vick made out of his own endzone 50 yards down the field to hit his reciever in stride.  Brady couldn't make that play I don't think.  Aside from the lack of deep accuracy and arm strength, he doesn't have the mobility to be trusted on a long developing play out of the endzone.  Major drawback is the risk of injury to Vick when he decides to run.  Because of that you must have a solid number 2 which will cost a bit too. As for the dog fighting, I can't justify torturing dogs.  I think basically good people can get sucked into that, and I don't think it marks you as evil for life.  Still, how anyone can torture the dogs is beyond me.
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Well knightsailor, you certainly are persistent, in a psychotic kinda' way.  So Vick is having a terrific year thus far after a couple of years in jail, and prior to that, a few decent years.  So I guess what you're saying is that Vick is on par with Brady, probably cheaper, thus offers a better return on investment and the opportunity to get other players.  Hmmm, obsess much?  Vick could have about five pro-bowl caliber years in a row and still couldn't carry Brady's jock.  His main asset - speed - is one of the first things to go on any player, so he's apt to age more quickly than other QBs more reliant on pocket passing and intelligence.  BTW, how may SB's has Vick one, been to?  How many playoff appearances, victories?  Also, do you think Indy ought to have got him and let Manning go for a few first rounders?  I mean, Indy isn't exactly depth personified, so are they in the same boat?  Bet Indylove would have a differing opinion on that.   We do agree on the dog fighting thing.  Jeez, the guy fights and tortures dogs and does time in federal prison - meanwhile back at the UFC, humans are basically doing the same thing . . . . . to each other!  The logic amazes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

[QUOTE] Just watch, and New England could have had him and traded Brady for 2 first rounders and saved 40 Million. 
    Just because he's fun to watch doesn't mean he can win you a Super Bowl. Vick's having a great year, but let's not lose sight of the fact that he has had nowhere near the success that Brady has had in the playoffs. Vick has yet to prove to me (or to anyone) that he has the ability to lead a team deep into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. On the other hand, Brady's done that very thing THREE times, and nearly a fourth time (with a perfect season to boot).

Vick's good, and he can do some things that Brady can't do, but please don't equate Vick to one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. I'd take Manning, Brady, or Brees over Vick anyday.

Sorry to tell you, but actual football and Madden are two completely different things.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MICHAEL VICK MVP : Well knightsailor, you certainly are persistent, in a psychotic kinda' way.  So Vick is having a terrific year thus far after a couple of years in jail, and prior to that, a few decent years.  So I guess what you're saying is that Vick is on par with Brady, probably cheaper, thus offers a better return on investment and the opportunity to get other players.  Hmmm, obsess much?  Vick could have about five pro-bowl caliber years in a row and still couldn't carry Brady's jock.  His main asset - speed - is one of the first things to go on any player, so he's apt to age more quickly than other QBs more reliant on pocket passing and intelligence.  BTW, how may SB's has Vick one, been to?  How many playoff appearances, victories?  Also, do you think Indy ought to have got him and let Manning go for a few first rounders?  I mean, Indy isn't exactly depth personified, so are they in the same boat?  Bet Indylove would have a differing opinion on that.   We do agree on the dog fighting thing.  Jeez, the guy fights and tortures dogs and does time in federal prison - meanwhile back at the UFC, humans are basically doing the same thing . . . . . to each other!  The logic amazes.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

I certainly can't argue that Vick has more bullet points on his Resume.  Don't forget, though, that most of Brady's bullet points date back to pre 2005 when he played on well balanced teams with depth and veteran talents at all positions. 

Living in the here and now I don't think it's totally ludicrous to examine the relative value of Vick and Brady.  Only time will tell.  Let's watch what the two of them do over the next 3 years.  If there was no Salary cap I would (presently) take Brady over Vick, but there is one.  We'll see what kind of ridiculous money Vick asks for on his next contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

IF 39 of 40 players released, or traded, or not resigned by New England go on to play worse is it not obviously the system and coaching not the player.Therefore what makes Thomas Brady any different.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReddsGhost. Show ReddsGhost's posts

MVP= Most Valueless Prisoner?
    No thanx, we'll stick with Brady over Vick as Vick isn't even CLOSE to being in Brady's tier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]MVP= Most Valueless Prisoner? No thanx, we'll stick with Brady over Vick as Vick isn't even CLOSE to being in Brady's tier.
    Posted by ReddsGhost[/QUOTE]

As I said, it's the here and now as well as the next few years that are important.  The past is over.  Let's see what the two players do and how much they cost against the cap going forward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

he had it all and flushed it down the toilet with that he did to those aniamls,  he went from being on the pent house straight to the basement he has to earn everything all over again its good tos see him "get" it this time around

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

this guy's going to die a slow and painful death.  Karma's a biotch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

OH, and bye the way...  If this happened I would take a season of the patriots OFF.  And EVERY season until they got rid of vick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to MICHAEL VICK MVP : this guy's going to die a slow and painful death.  Karma's a biotch.
    Posted by norichcrybabies[/QUOTE]Anyone who believes in Karma is either mentally retarted or just has no concept of reality,history,and probably listens to Justin bieber.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

He is a great player  and is improving.   Props to him for beating the Colts.