Michael Wilbon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

Michael Wilbon

I know....I know..... who cares what the "experts" from this tainted network say.   The fact is that we still tune in - especially those who don't live in New England anymore.  This guy Wilbon is a "HUGE" hater!  I cannot recall anything positive he's said about the Pats in years. If there is a Pats topic on PTI....this guy gets his blinders on immediately.  I wish I could see a list of his responses to Pats topics.  Just venting because I can't take this unreasonable "whiney" idiot anymore.  Let me know if anyone agrees with this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Re: Michael Wilbon

I'm not so sure dude... I've seen where has backed Brady many of times...

But while we are on the subject...

Sean Sallisbury loves the Pats (always backs Brady)

Merril Hodge HATES the Pats (will never take them)

Boomer is a Pats fan...

Dikta is NOT

Keyshaun usually takes the Pats...

I think its funny though, you can always tell who hates them and who likes them... ha ha

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Toss Tom Jackson on to the list of four-letter Pats Haters, as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Wilbon:
    Toss Tom Jackson on to the list of four-letter Pats Haters, as well.
    Posted by Hog73

Definately Tom Jackson.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm not so sure dude... I've seen where has backed Brady many of times... But while we are on the subject... Sean Sallisbury loves the Pats (always backs Brady) Merril Hodge HATES the Pats (will never take them) Boomer is a Pats fan... Dikta is NOT Keyshaun usually takes the Pats... I think its funny though, you can always tell who hates them and who likes them... ha ha
    Posted by IraqSteve

Good Stuff especially Merril Hodge Biggest Hater out there and the guy worships peyton manning it's funny listening to him.

Where the heck has Seasn Sallisbury been lately???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I dont know... haven't seen him in a while??

Mark Scher@#%&^(*  is pretty good about supporting the Pats.  He usually praises BB for his abilites to take a star player out of the game. 

ESPN is such a joke though huh? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Wilbon is a hack, he picks the games on Sundays in the Wash Post, then does a recap to see how his picks have panned out.  Caught him backpedaling on a pick that he was wrong on, but then put it in his column as though he had picked it the other way.  Dude was padding his stats.  Talk about losing your credibility, didn't even have the stones to print a retraction.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

I'm not so sure dude... I've seen where has backed Brady many of times... But while we are on the subject... Sean Sallisbury loves the Pats (always backs Brady) Merril Hodge HATES the Pats (will never take them) Boomer is a Pats fan... Dikta is NOT Keyshaun usually takes the Pats... I think its funny though, you can always tell who hates them and who likes them... ha ha
    Posted by IraqSteve

IQ Steve,
    To some degree you and Monster are correct. Wilbon is slightly more objective than Kornheiser, who from what I can see is a fan of the Patriots. Wilbon appears to have soured on the Patriots, specifically Belichick after the spygate fiasco and prefers to give them their due when he feels it can't be ignored. 

As for the ANAL ysts:
    * Ditka always appears to be grumpy and adds very little breath to the conversation, other than a scowl. 
    * I don't pay any attention to what Merrill Hoge says and Boomer is a Brown alum, and a fan of history (sports) so his position would make sense. 
    * Cris Carter unlike Keyshawn doesn't drink the Kool aid, but as a former team mate of Moss, is a like Wilbon in that they are both more objective.
    * As for Tom Jackson, see comments re: Bill Belichick!
    * Finally, Sean Salisbury. Some may have considered him to be too outspoken for his "mediocre" accomplishments in the NFL, but in my eyes, he gave credit where it was due and held players accountable and coaches for their actions on the field and off. This mindset may have cost him his job and led ESPN to replace him with someone more palatable.
    But this is all conjecture and what do I know, I'm just a fan...

P.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CWNapoleon. Show CWNapoleon's posts

Posted by IraqSteve

Agreed on the list!  Sadly, Salisbury was let go by ESPN.  I heard he once called John Clayton the Cryptkeeper, which if true is hilarious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I stopped watching a long time ago. Wilboff and Klownheiser are on the air too close to dinnertime. Bad for the digestion. It doesn't bother me one bit that I have no idea what anyone on this forum is talking about when they quote those morons. And what they have said about everything in general...not just the Pats. If they were on at 3 in the morning on the Food Network, I might reconsider.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I remember Wilbon talking incessantly about taking Tom Brady out during the 07 run. He never said that about Manning or Kurt Warner. His hatred is selective and missguided, however, I don't care enough to vote.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Wilbon : Good Stuff especially Merril Hodge Biggest Hater out there and the guy worships peyton manning it's funny listening to him. Where the heck has Seasn Sallisbury been lately???
    Posted by TrueChamp
    Sean was dropped from ESPN during a contract dispute. He was excellent though. Tom Jackson , Merryl Hodge, and Ditka is obviously Jelous of BB. I think Cris Carter is very Fair like Keyshawn

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

As a football analyst, Cris Carter was excellent at catching passes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

Two years ago, on PTI, he called for some player to injure Tom Brady in the wake of all those blowouts... never apologized for it, so I guess you could say he hates TB and the Pats. 

Wishing or calling for injury to any player was not accepted prior to the 2007 season, but for some reason, ESPN had three guys on air calling for Brady to get taken out "old school style", Wilbon, Schlerath and Steve Young.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

Before the Jets game Kornheiser was saying something like the Pats were going to play "angry" and take it out on the mouthy Jets (paraphrasing here).  Wilbon said something like "unfortunatly I agree with you". Although there are countless times when he's been even more outspoken against the Pats than this...how tainted and 1 sided can you get? No analysis at all. Wilbon should just work for the National Enquirer with his expert insight.  On a side note...what did happen to Salisbury?  Is it true he's now resting comfortably now at Danvers State Insane Asylum for standing up for the Pats on ESPN.  Thanks for all your responses.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Wilbon should go become a reporter for MSNBC or CNN after he finishes this ESPN gig.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

If i cared what others thought I would of cut my mullet years ago

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He hates all-things East coast sports. Everyone should love Chicago to him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Tom Jackson, has been a Patriot hater for years.  However, we haven't won a superbowl in years and the Colts have handled us the last 4 or 5 times.  Until we win another championship it is going to be hard to shut these goofballs up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Michael Wilbon:
    I know....I know..... who cares what the "experts" from this tainted network say.   The fact is that we still tune in - especially those who don't live in New England anymore.  This guy Wilbon is a "HUGE" hater!  I cannot recall anything positive he's said about the Pats in years. If there is a Pats topic on PTI....this guy gets his blinders on immediately.  I wish I could see a list of his responses to Pats topics.  Just venting because I can't take this unreasonable "whiney" idiot anymore.  Let me know if anyone agrees with this.
    Posted by MonsterFan

yup. marshall faulk is analyst at nfl network and he is a straight up pats hater!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Michael Wilbon : Agreed on the list!  Sadly, Salisbury was let go by ESPN.  I heard he once called John Clayton the Cryptkeeper, which if true is hilarious.
    Posted by CWNapoleon

I saw the back-and-forth the day he called John Clayton the Cryptkeeper and it was great! I laughed sooooooooo hard! It was right before he was booted from ESPN.

As for Wilbon, I don't think he's a Pats hater.  I watch PTI everyday and I like Kornheiser and Wilbon.  Wilbon seems more like he likes underdogs and "the little guy" schools/teams; he's always rooting for TCU, Boise, Texans, Tampa Bay Rays, etc.. He doesn't care for Tony's "east-coast bias" obviously, but he really does give the Pats their due credit and does seem to have respect for Kraft, Belichick, and Brady (as well as Moss and others who have come in as troublemakers and thrived as well as stayed quiet). 

Tony Kornheiser LOVES the big guys - Dallas, New England, LA Lakers, NY Yankees, etc.  He is from NY (state, not sure about city) so he is naturally an east-coast guy though. 

Wilbon is from Chicago and loves everything Chicago, but man he sure does rip Cutler (when he was a Bronco and after he went to the Bears). 

I think Wilbon is more objective than Tony, but they both entertain me for 30 minutes. 

Dan LeBatard (or however you spell it) from Miami is quite interesting as well.  He stated that after the Pats-'Fins game a few weeks ago that the Pats scoreboard read "Joey Porter 0 Tackles" instead of the final score like the one I took after the Pats-Bills game in my avatar pic lol.

Sections
Shortcuts