Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

All four of these guys picked the Jets to win Sunday...surprise anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

Remember a few years ago the Pats weren't taken serious by all the talking heads, week after week they all said the Colts, Chargers, Steelers and Titan were all bigger, better, stronger, faster than the Pats, even the odds makers had the Pats as Dogs.  Then they played the games and after 60 mins Who was still standing?  Let ESPN and SI talk all they want and we will find out after 60 mins who actually won the game

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

Thats just the way the Pats like it. Fly under the radar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Wasn't that what they were saying last year with saviour Favre? This year its saviour Rex. SSDD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If you would stop watching the POS station ESPN then you wouldnt have to put up with c rap like that. ESPN is an enemy to all Pats fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Seriously, this bothers you? All of the Jets' strengths match up against the Patriots' weaknesses.  They have an attacking, blitz-happy defense and a solid running game. Meanwhile we have lines on both sides of the ball not playing well at all - can't protect the passer, can't open holes for running, can't stop the run.

I don't think the Patriots are going to stay in this funk all season, but after week 1 the Jets are actually kind of the obvious pick in this game.  I sincerely hope the Patriots can turn that around, and it's obviously a winnable game, but the obvious call here is the Jets.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    Posted by apdynasty23

None of that matters. what matter is who Shannon Sharpe picks to win. If he too picks the Jets...be confident that the Patriots will win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Well, I'm not concerned at all because this team always proves critics wrong but I was shocked because it's been the FIRST time I've seen ESPN unanimously go against the Patriots and I like to think I keep up with Pats coverage.

Oh well, they'll be picking us in Februrary (unless we go against Brett Favre)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Throw Peter King in there too, someone whom I consider a Patriots homer...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    In Response to Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets! :      None of that matters. what matter is who shannon Sharpe picks to win. If he too picks the Jets...be confident that the Patriots will win.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Ha. That's what I was thinking too. But as apd says below, it's over because King is never right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

This is good news for Pats fans since the Patriots have been given ample reason to show up and kick a ss.  If they arent upset by the Jets comments they can now find motivation in the fact that no one picks them to win.  BB relishes the underdog role and he will remind the team that they are getting no respect and that they will have to earn it on Sunday by coming out executing and crushing the NY Jets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Hi gang!I guess Leon is in good company!Take the Jets and the points!Lock!

Is everybody enjoying their Friday evening!?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eagjr. Show eagjr's posts

They'll All Have An Excuse After the Pats Win on Sunday....

Let them EAT CROW!... who really cares what they think. 
      It's not just the Patriots, but all Boston Teams do not get
      any respect.   
      It's what happens on the field that counts the most..
      Jets are mouthing off, their coach is mouthing off...
      what does that tell you?.. this Sh*t happens every year!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Mike Ditka is senile.
    Keyshawn Johnson knows how to read recipes.
    Tom Jackson is senile.
    Cris Carter was good at catching passes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from eagjr. Show eagjr's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    Hi gang!I guess Leon is in good company!Take the Jets and the points!Lock! Is everybody enjoying their Friday evening!?
    Posted by leonJetsLeon

What an AH!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Hey eagir-How are ya!?You care to bet ye with the horrible accent?Nothing less then a hundred or just go away!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Gotta admit Sanchez has looked good so far in preseason and week 1.He definitely can compete with 2nd and 3rd stringers and beating a team that has never finished better than 8-8 is a remarkable feat.LMAO.Sunday is the Sanchez '"welcome to the NFL" moment. The Jets are going to fall apart after he throws his 3rd pick.He has NEVER played against a team of our caliber.Right now,he's scared.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatrickMcFinn69. Show PatrickMcFinn69's posts

Hey eagir-How are ya!?You care to bet ye with the horrible accent?Nothing less then a hundred or just go away!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon

WOW!!!!  You are back again!!   thanks for the support.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Are you guys serious. What happened last week was last week. The Pats will spread the field on Offense and negate any Pass rush by the Jets. The defense will confuse Sanchez enough for the Pats to win. Once again no blowout, just a nice win on the road. Don't underestimate how badly the Pats want to stick it to these trash talkin Jets.Pats 28- Jets 20

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

In Response to Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    Posted by apdynasty23

All I can say is who is even on the Jets anymore? I can't remember a thing, there a completely forgettable team right now. Every year they enter with a lot of hype, and every year, they end with a lot of embarassment. It will be fun seeing another rookie QB being picked apart my a pats d that has some experience together now.
      I think the Bills offense is going to end up being a better scoring offense then the Jets, and is a better defensive team then the jets.
      Pats are ready to go, and this will be an easy victory for them on Sunday. Brady might set another benchmark for completions. He is still at his peak of his career. Lights out for the J-E-T-S!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by apdynasty23

Great. Now I guess my Sunday afternoon is free.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

In Response to Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets! :      None of that matters. what matter is who shannon Sharpe picks to win. If he too picks the Jets...be confident that the Patriots will win.
    Posted by TexasPat3

I'm pretty sure Sharp picked Pats to win Super Bowl.  In fact all did except Coward who picked his Squealer's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Opinions do not win games.  Also, when you consider the Pats have won 8 years in a row in NJ, the odds favor the guessers that they may be right, this time. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They'll All Have An Excuse After the Pats Win on Sunday....   Let them EAT CROW!... who really cares what they think.    It's not just the Patriots, but all Boston Teams do not get   any respect.      It's what happens on the field that counts the most..   Jets are mouthing off, their coach is mouthing off...   what does that tell you?.. this Sh*t happens every year!   
    Posted by eagjr

ESPN is actually a member of Redsox nation. Their hate for Boston sports only reaches the Patriots. They all picked the Sox to win the WS this year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

If you step back for a second and look at it from a neutral viewpoint, it can't be shocking that they picked the Jets.  People aren't convinced our defense is very good.  Even Bruschi alluded to some weaknesses.  Our offense closed out strong last week, but our O-Line let Brady get hit far too much most of the game.  Most think the Jets D is much better than the Bills.  There are reasons to not pick us.

Now back to being a homer.  The Pats have historically played to their opponent.  They might barely win against a great team and the next week squeak by a team with two wins.  If any team can overcome adversity, it is the Pats.  The Pats play best when they people doubt them.  For all the talk about how teams don't need any extra motivation to play hard on Sundays, the Pats sure do seem to play great when they are cast aside or disrespected.  I'd like to know what their winning percentage is when most of the analysts count them out?  I bet it's pretty high.

Sections
Shortcuts