Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ush. Show ush's posts

Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

Sanchez will be good...but he's not quite ready.  Our D only gave up 17 points last week and had to make an in-game adjustment after losing arguably our best defensive player. We've had a week to adjust now and our offense has figured out that Brady needs the ball in his hands. Spread'em out and pick'm apart. I think we win going away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!

Keyshawn picked the Pats to go to the SB and win.

So I think the game itself with the concern the Pats have to protect Brady from an agressive attacking defense and the expectation of a poor defesinve performance now that Mayo is out.

Who can blame the media to pick the Jests. The Pats finish the season 12-4 or maybe 13-3 - but not 19-0!

I hate the Jests and hope we beat them again in Giant Stadium. But it will be a team effort like the early SB years and not high flying like 2007.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eagjr. Show eagjr's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    [QUOTE]Hey eagir-How are ya!?You care to bet ye with the horrible accent?Nothing less then a hundred or just go away!
    Posted by leonJetsLeon[/QUOTE]

"Nothing Less than a Hundred"....

If you only knew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Our D only gave up 17 points last week and had to make an in-game adjustment after losing arguably our best defensive player.

Actually, the defense only gave up 10 points. The other 7 were from the returned INT. So with all the new guys and Mayo out, they still basically shut down an offense with Owens and Evans, only letting them cross the goal line once! Brady seemed a bit cautious on that knee early on in the game, but by the end he was slinging it like he did back in 07. Moss, Welker, and Faulk each dropped a pass that hit them on the hands...early. All this may be enough for those idiots on TV to be grabbing Rex's jock and swinging from it, but not me! If they play like they did in the 4th quarter last Monday the Jests will once again be embarrassed in their own (or rather the Giants) house! You don't hear these guys casting doubts on either the Steelers or Colts, and both barely squeaked by last week, too! And lest we forget history, let me remind you what happened the last time our team had a subpar opening day against the Bills. Buffalo won that one 31-0. Then NE proceeded to win 17 of the next 18 games that season and wound up hoisting the Lombardi in Houston! Could they lose tomorrow? Of course they could, like any other team. But I think too many people are reading way too much in a slow half in week one. So far the Jests haven't proven anything other than that they can run their mouths and win in Houston. Hell, most Division I teams could probably beat the Texans!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    [QUOTE]Our D only gave up 17 points last week and had to make an in-game adjustment after losing arguably our best defensive player. Actually, the defense only gave up 10 points. The other 7 were from the returned INT. So with all the new guys and Mayo out, they still basically shut down an offense with Owens and Evans, only letting them cross the goal line once! Brady seemed a bit cautious on that knee early on in the game, but by the end he was slinging it like he did back in 07. Moss, Welker, and Faulk each dropped a pass that hit them on the hands...early. All this may be enough for those idiots on TV to be grabbing Rex's jock and swinging from it, but not me! If they play like they did in the 4th quarter last Monday the Jests will once again be embarrassed in their own (or rather the Giants) house! You don't hear these guys casting doubts on either the Steelers or Colts, and both barely squeaked by last week, too! And lest we forget history, let me remind you what happened the last time our team had a subpar opening day against the Bills. Buffalo won that one 31-0. Then NE proceeded to win 17 of the next 18 games that season and wound up hoisting the Lombardi in Houston! Could they lose tomorrow? Of course they could, like any other team. But I think too many people are reading way too much in a slow half in week one. So far the Jests haven't proven anything other than that they can run their mouths and win in Houston. Hell, most Division I teams could probably beat the Texans!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

We gave up 24, bra. 17 if you minus Brady's pick. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

there is no surprise in any network picking the jets.its at there home.the fans will be more hostile then ever.there defense is real good.they may have a rookie qb,but they also have one of the best O-Lines in the league.add that to brady being rusty,and still looking for the chemistry with the receivers.a questionable o-line,and a pats defense still trying to come together.it all spells a jets win.not that i want it to happen,or think it will,but right now the odds are in there favor,and this is why some,if not most will pick the jets this sunday.would i be surprised if the jets win?no i wont.would i be disappointed?yes i will be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This matters somehow???  Sorry but the only opinions that have any bearing on the outcome of this game are those of the coaches who lay out the game plan and the buy-in of the players to the plan.  Couple that with execution on the field and the outcome will be what it will be. 

If the Jets can put their money where their mouths have been they will win.  If, on the other hand, the Pats continue to let the quality of their play do their talking for them then the Pats will win. 

Not that what any of what I think matters but:

Patriots - 27, Jets - 17.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

We gave up 24, bra. 17 if you minus Brady's pick. 

Sorry, my bad! I have to stop posting before I've finished my first cup of coffee! Still, they only let Buffalo into the end zone twice. With this offense that won't be enough for most teams to beat them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

No it doesnt surprise me, I think the Jets are a damn good football team. They also match up well. That being said, they still have to play the game. As far as Ditka goes, he has always been a Patriot hater. He is jealous of the Patriot success. He is a total moron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

it amazes me that people fear this jets team.... yeah they looked great and we didnt.... but i honestly think they arent great and we are.... anything they throw at us BB will have them prepared for it... I think we score early and often and Sanchez isnt ready to win a game for them... Our defense isnt hideous and can only get better little by little even with injuries and losses to key guys

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bosoxin09. Show Bosoxin09's posts

We got them right where we want them with everyone picking the Jets.  Rookie QB vs TB, BB vs Ryan the paper lion, lots of roar, no gore.  Rex Ryan is like his father, lots of bully talk, lots of noise, hard to deliver the goods.  BB is quiet, makes the adjustments, his teams improve as the season goes on.  Pats win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets!:
    [QUOTE]All four of these guys picked the Jets to win Sunday...surprise anyone?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

What did you expect? The Jets made a good impression their first game of the season, the Patriots....not so much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It's funny I'm a huge Pats fan but too many people think we are just going to walk in and get W's. I was at the Monday night game. They played like garbage. Based on that and the fact that are O line looked like trash I would be inclined to bet against that Pats away at the Jets. We haven't won a SB in 5 years and we should have won 2 more and it freaking pisses me off. The Indy meltdown and obviously the Giants game. Our defense is average and that isn't enough to just walk all over teams especially when our O Line has gotten worse the last 2 years. I just find it amusing that fans think the Pats are so good when the D was dominate when we were winnig SB's. Apparently people think names on offense offset that and it's been proven that it doesn't. Take your blinders off. It's not easy to win in the NFL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

i dont have blinders on... but i think the pats are still a top 3 team in the NFL

we didnt look good vs buffalo obviously but we will play much better in Bradys second game real game action

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is great. It is always better for Brady and co. to play the underdog card. We like the us against the world theme.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdaytona. Show jimdaytona's posts

I am glad I am from Boston been a Pats fan since the inception of the team. We New England fans are fortunate, Bill, Tom, and crew and quite frankly I feel for the Jets fan. The Jets hire one comical coach after another, have players who brag and can not back up what they say. Sunday at one PM Emperor Bill will decloth yet another big mouth pretender. This game will not be close.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Mark Sanches is bad

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny I'm a huge Pats fan but too many people think we are just going to walk in and get W's. I was at the Monday night game. They played like garbage. Based on that and the fact that are O line looked like trash I would be inclined to bet against that Pats away at the Jets. We haven't won a SB in 5 years and we should have won 2 more and it freaking pisses me off. The Indy meltdown and obviously the Giants game. Our defense is average and that isn't enough to just walk all over teams especially when our O Line has gotten worse the last 2 years. I just find it amusing that fans think the Pats are so good when the D was dominate when we were winnig SB's. Apparently people think names on offense offset that and it's been proven that it doesn't. Take your blinders off. It's not easy to win in the NFL.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Guess you really DID miss a good game; spending most of your time at the beer garden. What did the stats show? By my count, the Pats shoved the Bills all over the field on offesnse, and did remarkedly well on D seeing how 4 starters are gone from the past 4 years. Possession ? 37 - 23, Pats favor. Yards? 414 - 276, Pats. Plays? 77 - 48, Pats. 1st downs? 28 - 17 (You guessed it). Passing yds? 368 - 186, Brady. Sacks: 4-1, the maligned Pats D. Score? Well, one point may look close, but there was actually a 10 ppoint difference there, the missed FG and the INT for a TD, that was obviously played out just like the BIlls brain trust drew it up in the dirt. Sure, Brady was somewhat tentative early on. Who can blame him? He OWNED the 4th qtr, when the game was on the line!  What about scoring 2 TDs in the last 5 minutes, including forcing a TO on a kickoff, when all the "experts" were calling for an onside kick? Well, so much for that. Then, these same experts said the Pats caught a break. Looked to me like they MADE their "break" . All those dropped passes early in the game? Out of Sync? Or is that not allowable wither?  Finally, how badly did Evens and TO light them up? How's 5 total catches for 71 total yards? So much for a horrible secondary.

May I suggest you enjoy your next visit to Foxborough from, let's say, your seat? AT least that way, if you actually pay attention, you'll be able to know just what you're talking about come the Day After.

LMFAO!

(BTW, I watched the game at a sports bar in Kansas City. It was obvious that I was the only Pats fan in teh place. The best part was when the Chiefs fans kept asking me why the Pats were letting the Bills hang around. I told them to keep watching the game, and the 4th qtr. When all was over, they were amazed that Brady was able to do what he did when EVERYONE in teh bar, the stadium, and the world knew what he had to do. Unfortunately, the Bills D staff must have been watching your game too. )

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

are you nuts?? Peter King hates the pats, just like all the other NFL "insiders." because they don't have any sources within the organization to leak them stories, so they get pissed. peter king is a big fat self obsessed blob. kind of like rex ryan. he is a red sox fan though, so i'll give him that. but he hates BB, just like all of the ESPN "experts." 

[QUOTE]Throw Peter King in there too, someone whom I consider a Patriots homer...
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]are you nuts?? Peter King hates the pats, just like all the other NFL "insiders." because they don't have any sources within the organization to leak them stories, so they get pissed. peter king is a big fat self obsessed blob. kind of like rex ryan. he is a red sox fan though, so i'll give him that. but he hates BB, just like all of the ESPN "experts."  In Response to Re: Mike Ditka, Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter and Tom Jackson ALL Pick the Jets! :
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

Wow, I would have never thought that. Everytime he's on The Herd on ESPN Radio, he's picking the Pats. He drools over Brady in his MMQB pieces. Who knows...all I know is we're 10 hours away from opening a keg of whoopa$$ on the Jets.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chckmaster. Show chckmaster's posts

Don't listen to these fools!!  Mike Ditka has never picked the Pats. He hates the Pats and their Coach who has three rings to his one.  He is so jealous of Big Bill he never has anything positive to say.  America's coach what a joke!!! As far as Keyshawn, he used to be a Jet, Jackson he has never liked the Pats, and Carter he couldn't hold Randy Moss's jock strap. And Ryan has to appeal to the Jets fans to help them.  That;s Pathetic!!!  Pats by 10!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayfaith. Show Fenwayfaith's posts

Who cares!!!!!  Game is played on the field, no time for bruised egos...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chckmaster. Show chckmaster's posts

Your right let's play the game and then see what they have to say.  I'm tired of listening to the espn homers.  Remember where espn is located!!! Go Pats!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from simroy. Show simroy's posts

[QUOTE]It's funny I'm a huge Pats fan but too many people think we are just going to walk in and get W's. I was at the Monday night game. They played like garbage. Based on that and the fact that are O line looked like trash I would be inclined to bet against that Pats away at the Jets. We haven't won a SB in 5 years and we should have won 2 more and it freaking pisses me off. The Indy meltdown and obviously the Giants game. Our defense is average and that isn't enough to just walk all over teams especially when our O Line has gotten worse the last 2 years. I just find it amusing that fans think the Pats are so good when the D was dominate when we were winnig SB's. Apparently people think names on offense offset that and it's been proven that it doesn't. Take your blinders off. It's not easy to win in the NFL.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Friend:  you bring up some valid points.  In the first half of the Bills game, the only thing that stopped the Bills offense, was the Bills offense.  Consider:  first possession, Edwards had a back wide open in the flat - the back dropped the ball, but I noticed that had he caught it, he'd have easily run for a first down - no Pat within 8 years (maybe more) of him.  He simply dropped the ball.  The Bills stopped themselves on several drives (of course, so did we).  All this said, I have to believe that the Pats will make adjustments - whether or not their enough to beat the Jets at home, we'll see later this afternoon.  One last thing:  I'm not overly impressed with the Jets win over Houston, an annual (so it seems) pick to be a "dark horse" contender.  That team didn't impress me in the least and if Jets fans think the Pats offense will be as passive as the Texans', I think they'll be sorely disappointed.  Pats - Jets, doesn't get any better.  Looking for a 24-21 victory for the Pats.  A motivated Brady is a dangerous Brady, and believe he's very, very motivated.  GO PATS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from webejam6. Show webejam6's posts

Did they say if Welker is playing?

Sections
Shortcuts