Mike Felger's Bold Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Mike Felger's Bold Prediction

In Response to Mike Felger's Bold Prediction:
    [QUOTE]We're going to the AFC Championship Game now that Moss has been removed from this team.   No really...that's what he predicts will happen.  So clear your calender on 01/23/2011 and make your travel plans now.  Yeah baby!!!
    Posted by ShiningWizard[/QUOTE]

ok i hate felger, but il give him his due here. He actually wrote an article on CSN.com tuesday morning about how the win in miami reminded him of 2001 and how fitting it was that moss did not catch 1 pass because that is how we used to win. Without moss and guys like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I agree somewhat with Felger but he never wants to discuss how Randy can open things up for other players by commanding attention from two defenders.  We'll get our chance now to see what Randy really meant to the productivity of guys like Welker.  Personally, I think the offense will be ok, but they will certainly miss Moss' ability to get a quick 6. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Here's what I don't get about this complaint angle. There seems to be some delusion among those who are freaking out over this that only Moss and Welker were capable of catching footballs thrown by Brady

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Felger believes the Pats "lost their soul" when they acquired Moss.  That before Moss, they were able to get by with smurf receivers (T. Brown, Patten, Branch) and therefore they can now revert back to that approach.  What he fails to mention is that we had a veteran defense made up of Hall of Fame players all in their primes, a Hall of Fame kicker, a solid running game and great coordinators all way around. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Didn't a touchdown pass clang off of Randy Moss's hands on Monday night?

I have compiled nothing but high power ratings for the Patriots, and I have them at #2 in the NFL (not counting the loss of Randy Moss, of course).  I wouldn't be surprised to see them in an AFC championship game.

This bye week is perfect for making adjustments and for getting the many starting rookies more NFL-ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Still, Moss is starting to look "normal" and teams are shutting him down with less and less.  Brady seemed at times to focus on him too much.  I wish we got a 2nd, but that's life.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Felger's Bold Prediction:
    [QUOTE]Here's what I don't get about this complaint angle. There seems to be some delusion among those who are freaking out over this that only Moss and Welker were capable of catching footballs thrown by Brady
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

I actually like the mix of young guys they have.  It's clear that they targeted two TEs this past draft and it looks like they hit on both.  Welker, Tate and Edelman can and will catch some passes.  Woodhead is an added dimension and hopefully he can continue to lessen the blow of losing Faulk.  I think they have enough talent to get the job done, but in a different way.  If Price can do anything at all, I think they will be ok going forward.  The passing game will be less vertical, and to me, that's ok.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Well I was growing my play-off/super bowl beard before this trade and even though i think this was the biggest mistake of the Belichick era I am still growing the beard out in hopes that I am proven wrong and we win it all. But I still say this was a dumb trade.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I'm with you that I don't like the trade, but in no way do I believe your wife is letting you grow any beard, playoff or otherwise.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Travel plans?  Pats are gonna be hosting the AFC Championship ... although another win in Pittsburgh would be sweet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

wow you guys mind passing that bong your smoking my way?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I guess anything is possible. Not probable however, but you never count the Pats out.

I would feel like this was probable if we had more experienced guys on defense that could lessen the blow and pick up any slack caused by Moss departure. The defense had a decent game against Miami. Lets see if they can repeat against Baltimore. 

I want this team to get back to physical, grind it out football. Where their only focus is today and preparing for the next game. I think this is a chance to reshape our identity and return in some way to the Pats of old. 

I vote for BB putting the pictures back up at Pats HQ. Let the young defense take a look at Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Law, etc....Give them something to look up to and never forget to play the Patriot way. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

BTW...Felger is an idiot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

If they can keep getting 30-40 points a game I'd say they have a great shot of the playoffs...where anything can happen. I see the defense really getting it together by December. These young guys have a ton of talent, and some real speed (for a change). If they can take to the coaching they can get their act together for the cold weather games. Don't forget, they won a SB with Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland in the secondary...with a little Troy Brown to boot! And if Moss leaving lightend up the tension in the locker room, I think it's a good move. You hate to see that much talent leave, but he's been falling way off on production lately. Too many balls slip through his hands. And too many INTs have come from balls thrown to him. Whether it's at the Razor, at Hines or even in SD, the AFCCG could be a possibility. The perfect scenario would be them beating the Vikings in Dallas next Feb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

This trade could not have been put together in the last 24 to 48 hours--BB must have been working on this for a few days or more. 
    I'm sure BB has been seething since Moss gave his post game stand on  his contract. Then to have a problem at half-time Mon. must have moved a trade to the frontburner.

I wonder how long it will be before the Vikes make a contractual extension a priority. If the timetable is not to his liking will he give another post-game tirade?

I am pleased with the trade--I wish we could have gotten a D lineman in return but BB has a few days before the Oct. 19 trade deadline to make another deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]BTW...Felger is an idiot.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

I used to think the same think. Same for Mazz, I can't STAND their writing. However, do you listen to them on the radio? I do, for about 8 hrs a week (weekly trips hartford - peabody) and amazingly, they're the best team on the radio, BY FAR. I don't know what it is, but hearing them actually spell out there thoughts, explain where they are coming from, and realizing that they are not as arrogant as their writing suggests makes them extremely enjoyable. They are both extremely self deprecating, which I NEVER would have guessed, ESPECIALLY from Felger who I always thought was a holier-than-thou smarter-than-everyone deebag. Well, sometimes he can be, but they cut right through all the nonsense.

And, yes, Felger was all over this.

Call me a fanboy if you want, I railed against this show when it lauched figuring it was going to be Little Big Show, but I was wrong. If you haven't listened, tune in, you'll get far more stimulating radio than listening to that clan of morons on WEEI after 2 who spend most of their time yelling at one another, and calling callers stupid, but giving long stretches of airtime to their regular, and completely moronic "celebrity" callers. Oh, and it's time to retire the "Whiny Line", nothing makes me click the radio off faster. I don't even look for something else, I just have to shut it off when that comes one. Time to get with the times WEEI, having this slob talk about his numerous week-long vacations to tropical places (and what does he get, 2 months paid vacation every QUARTER!?), his luxury SUVs, 8 lcd tvs...this guy is a joke. Neumy is terrible. Buckley is ATROCIOUS. Troy Brown is fine. Lou Merloni is turning into one of the clowns. I like Steve and Fred, but that's about it. Time to move along, nobody cares about the big fat o anymore, or the ones that do aren't doing any favors for you NUMEROUS sponsors.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mike Felger's Bold Prediction : ok i hate felger, but il give him his due here. He actually wrote an article on CSN.com tuesday morning about how the win in miami reminded him of 2001 and how fitting it was that moss did not catch 1 pass because that is how we used to win. Without moss and guys like that.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Same here....I can't stand Felger andf this is the first thing I have ever agreed with him on.

Bruschi was also toting that the Pats need to continue winning the old way, where the no-names come in and step up.  Like on Monday night....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Mike Felger was right, as much as I hate to admit it.  Re-read some of these Moss threads and laugh at the sky is falling posts! 

Sorry fellas, just heard Felger say for the 400th time that trading Moss was the biggest factor in the success of this team and I thought it would be funny to revisit.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

They have stepped it up since Moss left. Tom can spread the ball around more. Signing Deion Branch really helped out a lot, though. They are now back to the infamous "dink and dunk" style that Tom excells at. Woodhead was a diamond in the rough, and the rookie TEs have outperformed most of our wildest hopes from this summer! The AFCCG prediction might be a bit premature, but he hit the nail on the head with his points about Moss. It is a little funny to see all the panic here after the trade! But I just figured if BB made the deal there was good reasoning behind it. This team is built for the future, and they're still winning now. Can't do much better than that, so I wouldn't presume to question Belichick too much!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

Like the show.