Mike Lombardi Out as G.M. of Browns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mike Lombardi Out as G.M. of Browns

WoW, Browns are a mess!  There goes the Mallet to Cleveland trade!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Mike Lombardi Out as G.M. of Browns

Link:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/02/11/michael-lombardi-out-as-cleveland-browns-general-manager-after-13-months/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Banner was calling the shots all along. Talk about dysfunctional.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

If this happened here, one particular poster (ok, maybe a couple) would be thrilled...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

WoW, Browns are a mess!  There goes the Mallet to Cleveland trade!

[/QUOTE]

Was never going to happen anyway.  Mallett aint going anywhere.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

So glad we have Bill Belichick calling the shots in N.E.....we could be the Browns.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

This was a big mistake by the Browns. I'm betting he's not sold on College QB's in their 1st Pick. He was schooled under Bill Walsh, about how to Draft and evaluate.

Would like him as advisor with us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Maybe Lombardi wanted out the the entire mess.  Haslam may be indicted on that truck stop business.

Meanwhile, the legal entanglement arising from Haslam’s family-owned truck stop business works its way higher up the corporate ladder.  At the Super Bowl, speculation swirled that Haslam could be indicted this month. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/11/haslam-is-anything-but-patient/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So glad we have Bill Belichick calling the shots in N.E.....we could be the Browns.

[/QUOTE]

The way some so-called Patriots' fans talk about Kraft and BB you would think they are the Browns.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Maybe Lombardi has never impressed in any job he's had. He may be a BB disciple and the browns may be a joke but the guys not successful and never has been in any job he's run the show. That's a fact, as I said he may have been unlucky this time but he's never done well

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Lombardi has never impressed in any job he's had. He may be a BB disciple and the browns may be a joke but the guys not successful and never has been in any job he's run the show. That's a fact, as I said he may have been unlucky this time but he's never done well

[/QUOTE]

He's only had two roles other than working with BB and Bill Walsh.  He worked for Al Davis and now Haslem.

lol

Those are arguably the two worst working environments of the last 20 years in the NFL.

I mean....It starts at the top.  When you graduate from BC someday, you'll get this. I can guarantee you the older people on this board who are in professional working environments, who are good at what they do, can share stories of working for good and bad organizations.

You can either be set up to succeed or still be good and fail, literally based off the overall leadership, business model and environment.

[/QUOTE]

Well that's pathetic of you once again but hey why don't you just get hopped up on vodka red bulls and go study for a test, see how well that goes! 

Bottom line on Lombardi, the raw factual information states that he can't do it alone! On top of that I think the only reason you give him a break is because he's a BB disciple if he was just another guy who'd had several jobs in the league and failed at each of them would you feel the same?

The entire time he's been a GM he's had 1, i'll say that again ONE QB that you could even semi consider a franchise QB and even that guy just happened to play the worst game of his career in the most important game of his career (he gets a break considering his former head coach was in charge of the other team). You've stated so many times recently it's a QB league I can't count. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Banner was calling the shots all along. Talk about dysfunctional.

[/QUOTE]

See, I don't know if I believe that.  Banner did what he did in Philly with Reid.  Banner is like an Elway type.  Sort of an overseer, but Lombardii apparently felt fine working with Banner.

I don't necessarily like the infrastructure of too many cooks in the kitchen either, but Banner quitting speaks volumes to me.

I think this is about the Weeden thing and it's pretty suspicious with the timing before the Combine, FA and draft. Lombardi does not like Weeden and Haslem may see quitting on Weeden as a ticket selling problem, as pathetic as that sounds.

Meddling owners = bad franchises

Banner is technically a football guy, but also was in on trying to buy the Browns, with Haslem getting it.   If Banner quit from this, it sort of smells he thinks Haslem has gone cuckoo.

Not sure Farmer (worked under Pioli in KC) will see a better fate. What a mess.  

It's such a slam dunk market, too.  All they need is an owner who gets it.

[/QUOTE]

Who the heck knows? I'm just glad we have what we have. Maybe Lombardi goes back to NFLN? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The way some so-called Patriots' fans talk about Kraft and BB you would think they are the Browns.

[/QUOTE]

Those "fans" have lost their way. For some people a sense of entitlement comes with success. A few in our fan base have become spoiled by the riches of rooting for the team with the most wins, and most championships in 13 years. They need perspective.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's only had two roles other than working with BB and Bill Walsh.  He worked for Al Davis and now Haslem.

lol

Those are arguably the two worst working environments of the last 20 years in the NFL.

I mean....It starts at the top.  When you graduate from BC someday, you'll get this. I can guarantee you the older people on this board who are in professional working environments, who are good at what they do, can share stories of working for good and bad organizations.

You can either be set up to succeed or still be good and fail, literally based off the overall leadership, business model and environment.

[/QUOTE]

Well that's pathetic of you once again but hey why don't you just get hopped up on vodka red bulls and go study for a test, see how well that goes! 

Bottom line on Lombardi, the raw factual information states that he can't do it alone! On top of that I think the only reason you give him a break is because he's a BB disciple if he was just another guy who'd had several jobs in the league and failed at each of them would you feel the same?

The entire time he's been a GM he's had 1, i'll say that again ONE QB that you could even semi consider a franchise QB and even that guy just happened to play the worst game of his career in the most important game of his career (he gets a break considering his former head coach was in charge of the other team). You've stated so many times recently it's a QB league I can't count. 

[/QUOTE]

I literally have no idea what you just wrote and I am fairly certain no one else does either.

Good luck with whatever affliction it is that you are battling at this time.

[/QUOTE]

Hey instead of being offensive to me please tell me where i've made my mistakes and by all means i'll clarify my argument. I'm pretty sure if you have a brain you'll understand what I wrote, in fact i'm pretty sure you pretty much have to agree with what i've said therefore you've went to the insults...as usual!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Mike Lombardi is an excellent evaluator of talent. Cleveland was very competitive this past season and they would have improved again this year. I'm sure noone noticed but Pete Carroll's administrations didn't eveolve over night, it took him 3 years to right the good ship Seahawks... So rapid are our judgements of others.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts