Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

Xavier Rhodes slips to the Pats @29.......sounds too good to be true.

Left on the board:

Hunt

Carradine

Hopkins

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts/mike-mayock/171006

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Mike Mayock's Mock Draft

Not much talk in this forum but Rhodes has great potential. A very solid pick, and I always truck Mike Mayock, he usually has the best mock drafts. Its to bad he only does one a year and its the day before the draft.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I would be very happy if this players still around in the 29th pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I agree, Mayock does a great job. Seems to be plugged into what teams are looking for.

One thing about Rhodes is that a while back, he was projected as a late 1st pick. So getting him @29 might not be crazy after all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

That is a really solid draft that I can see happening.  Just about every player went in the range they are supposed to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Rhodes has been discussed quite a bit over on the draft thread, though the feeling is he is likely gone by 29... if he's there, I'd be more than happy with the pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I respect Mayock but this is a crazy mock. Star making it to #18? The kid was a top 3 player before the weird combine medical. Since then he's got the green light from 3 separate doctors and the combine check up was considered a false positive. I can't for the life of me envision Star getting out of the top 10. I also can't see Rhodes dropping out of the top 20. There's serious debate on whether Milliner, Rhodes, or Hayden is the best CB in the draft depending on scheme. Rhodes being the best press coverage, Milliner might be best man/zone, Hayden might be better all around but smaller (<6', <200lb)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Left on the board:

Hunt

Carradine

Hopkins

carradine, hunt, rhodes, hopkins if those are the 4 people to choose from at 29.

i want a pass rusher. trade down only if we taek okafor who should be avail in top 2nd

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to bredbruu's comment:

carradine, hunt, rhodes, hopkins if those are the 4 people to choose from at 29.

i want a pass rusher. trade down only if we taek okafor who should be avail in top 2nd

Wait what?  Who is this impostor?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to maine12's comment:

Not much talk in this forum but Rhodes has great potential. A very solid pick, and I always truck Mike Mayock, he usually has the best mock drafts. Its to bad he only does one a year and its the day before the draft.

yep i was all over rhodes 3 months ago on draft thread but let go of that when rhodes projection went up.

now im all in on pass rusher

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

im sure this is humor.

but i dont get it. help me...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

looking at his mock id trade up a few for werner

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Left on the board:

Hunt

Carradine

Hopkins

Pats picking Rhodes would surprise me. First, I think the CB unit is set with Talib, Dennard, and Arrington. I bet also that Dowling will be good for at least 111 games.

As for Hunt, Carradine and Hopkins being available, no surprise. Carradine is fresh from ACL injury. Hunt is a project. Hopkins, for some reason is rated by many scouts as a second round talent. I think he will be as productive as anyone picked in the first.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Left on the board:

Hunt

Carradine

Hopkins

I don't know as much as I like Rhoades I think Tank Carradine is gonna be a gamer-man drafting is a crap shoot-so much goes into it-does the "KID" have the discipline to want to be a great player when he gets the money--whats between his ears?-- can he transition to the NFL game--so many variables- I think other than a few can't miss guys the drafts a crapshhot. I like Dee Millner, the CB but for all I know he could be a bust like the Alabama linebacker McClean,(let go by the Raiders to Ravens then just got arrested), -loved him out of college but the kid is a head case and hasn't got that something--tricky thing the NFL draft?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I didn't read Mike Mayock's draft. I'm kind of torn on Rhodes, he had a very good college career at FSU. I personally don't see New England drafting in the first round. In fact I expect them to trade out,probably with Philly as it appears that they are interested in trading back into the first round. E.J. Manuel is their target. so your looking at #29 for #35 and whatever extra pick or picks they can acrue. It's a deep draft at three of the prime areas of need for the Patriots so expect a trade out of 29.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

I didn't read Mike Mayock's draft. I'm kind of torn on Rhodes, he had a very good college career at FSU. I personally don't see New England drafting in the first round. In fact I expect them to trade out,probably with Philly as it appears that they are interested in trading back into the first round. E.J. Manuel is their target. so your looking at #29 for #35 and whatever extra pick or picks they can acrue. It's a deep draft at three of the prime areas of need for the Patriots so expect a trade out of 29.

Most teams want to trade back. I don't know that many will want to trade up on a draft that does not have much top end talent. Plus there are four teams with more than two picks in the first two rounds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

if you are referring to teh extra u, i had trouble loggng in, ive got 4 similar names i leave logged in till i have trouble (then use another one linked to a diff email) all about the same. but partimer had a breakdwon and created the "inbredbru" moniker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

Pats picking Rhodes would surprise me. First, I think the CB unit is set with Talib, Dennard, and Arrington. I bet also that Dowling will be good for at least 111 games.

As for Hunt, Carradine and Hopkins being available, no surprise. Carradine is fresh from ACL injury. Hunt is a project. Hopkins, for some reason is rated by many scouts as a second round talent. I think he will be as productive as anyone picked in the first.

sea, what abotu so many dropping werner to 29-30?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

Left on the board:

Hunt

Carradine

Hopkins

I don't know as much as I like Rhoades I think Tank Carradine is gonna be a gamer-man drafting is a crap shoot-so much goes into it-does the "KID" have the discipline to want to be a great player when he gets the money--whats between his ears?-- can he transition to the NFL game--so many variables- I think other than a few can't miss guys the drafts a crapshhot. I like Dee Millner, the CB but for all I know he could be a bust like the Alabama linebacker McClean,(let go by the Raiders to Ravens then just got arrested), -loved him out of college but the kid is a head case and hasn't got that something--tricky thing the NFL draft?

I couldn't disagree any more with you. Some people are great talent evaluators and can really see a kid that will translate from College ball to the NFL. That why you see teams like New England, Pitt, Baltimore, Philly, and few others be so successful year in and year out. Rounds 3,4,5,6,7 are more of a crapshoot but not rounds 1 and 2. But this year the draft is so deep that round 3 has some cant miss picks as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from uknepatsfan. Show uknepatsfan's posts

The fact is that other than KC no other team in the draft knows who they're going to take yet.

And the experts can't even make their mind up about who KC is taking with the first pick, so what chance do they have of being right about the other 31 teams???! The Jags, at this moment in time, don't even know for sure who KC are taking yet and they're picking 2nd!

Unless Mayock and Kiper and all these others have access to every teams draft board its mere speculation on ther part. And considering they get it so spectacularly wrong every year I would put very little stock in what they think is going to happen in the draft.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to uknepatsfan's comment:

The fact is that other than KC no other team in the draft knows who they're going to take yet.

And the experts can't even make their mind up about who KC is taking with the first pick, so what chance do they have of being right about the other 31 teams???! The Jags, at this moment in time, don't even know for sure who KC are taking yet and they're picking 2nd!

Unless Mayock and Kiper and all these others have access to every teams draft board its mere speculation on ther part. And considering they get it so spectacularly wrong every year I would put very little stock in what they think is going to happen in the draft.

That's kind of the point of a mock. It's fun for fans to try to play GM

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

sea, what abotu so many dropping werner to 29-30?

I tried responding to you last night, but BDC would not let me post.

I don't think he drops that far. Pass rushers are one of four key non-QB positions (OT, pass rusher, CB, pass catcher) in today's NFL. He's consistently ranked #2 DE. If he drops that far, it would be more about positional priorities, I guess. I can't see that however, given fewer QBs will be take before him.

FYI, Mayock's big board is among the lowest that Werner is rated at (26). Millen has him at 19. Scouts (ESPN) has him at 23. NFLDraftScout has him at 20. 

On Mayock's big board: He has Hayden (Mayock ranks as #1 CB; I prefer Milliner), Rhodes, Geno, Lacy and Pugh ahead of Werner. I would take #2 DE over #2 or #3 CB anytime. I would also take #2 DE over Lacy, Geno and the #4/#5 OT.

Sections
Shortcuts