Mike McKenzie

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Mike McKenzie

The sports sources say that this guy was out of football for a year and the Saints just signed him a week ago.
    http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1216000&format=&page=2&listingType=sco#articleFull

My question is why didn't we take a look at him? It was just one game but he sure looked way better than any CB currently on our roster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

Re: Mike McKenzie

he did look really good, like an all-pro when considering it was his 1st game back in so long...all i can guess is that BB generally seems to have very little interest in plugging in guys with no experience in his "system" once the season starts. only guys he signs after camp ususally are either practice squad players or guys like junior seau/rosie colvin/etc that have played for before...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Mike McKenzie:
    [QUOTE]The sports sources say that this guy was out of football for a year and the Saints just signed him a week ago. http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1216000&format=&page=2&listingType=sco#articleFull My question is why didn't we take a look at him? It was just one game but he sure looked way better than any CB currently on our roster.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing especially after reading this article on how good his technique was:

the only reason I could see that someone else didn't sign him was that he was on a similar arrangement to the Seau graduation program and agreed to come back at some point once he realized how good the Saints were if they needed him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

because to many cried that they need to get younger.that the older players are washed up.both mckenzie,and mcCallister are great players,and played well,and both could have really helped our new and yonger improved defense???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Is Mike related to Bob and Doug?  If so, maybe they could play corner for us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

I always liked him as a player, but never expected him to play like that on short practice vs Randy! It reminded me a little of how Teddy B played in comeback game after stroke...very unexpected.

Lets move on and take care of Fins....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeRizzuto. Show MikeRizzuto's posts

In Response to Re: Mike McKenzie:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget that MacKenzie played with the Saints last year (and for four or five seasons before then).  So he knows the Saints' defense well. There's a big difference between bringing an old guy to a new team and having to get him familiar with a whole new system and new defensive teammates and bringing him back to the team he played for over the past several seasons where he already knows the system and the skills and tendencies of the guys he'll be playing alongside of. Also. . . MacKenzie may not have been ready to play earlier this season because he was recovering from the knee injury he suffered last season.  Bringing him on to the team when he was injured would make no sense, and bringing him on late in the season makes sense only if we think he'd get up to speed fast enough to be better than the guys we've been playing with all year.
    Posted by soloflyfisher[/QUOTE]

Some of your points are valid, but your first, that MM was used to the Saints' defense, is not. The Saints have a new defensive coordinater this season, Gregg Williams, so McKenzie had to learn the whole playbook in less than a week. McKenzie watched four games from the Superdome stands this season and called Coach Payton two weeks ago to ask for a tryout. The Saints worked him out and, in my opinion, McKenzie will be the #3 corner for the rest of the season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprfrk81. Show sprfrk81's posts

EASY ON MCKENZIE LOL, Y DID PATTS OFFENSE STRUGGLE, PRESSURE, THATS IT, SAME THING IN FRST JETS GAME, I WAS LUCKY N SAW THE ALL 22 GAME TAPE THAT PLAYAS, COACHES WATCH AFTER GAMES, U GET A GREAT SKY VIEW OF THE GAME, 81 WON HIS FAIR SHARE OF PLAYS ON REVIS , BUT THE JETS GOT CRAZY PRESSURE ON 12, NO SACKS BUT KNOCK DOWN 21 TIMES, THATS CRAZY. THATS Y THEY WON. WEN U TALK BOUT ELITE WO'S, LIK RICE, MOSS, OWENS, NO CORNER IN HISTORY COULD SHUT THEM DOWN IN THEIR PRIME 1 ON 1, NO ONE, EVER. I MEAN MOSS PRACTILY BROUGHT THE TAMPA 2 BACK 2 LIFE ASK DUNGY. BIGGEST GAME CHANGERS HE EVER SAW HE SAID WAS MOSS N VICK.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

When you rush 3 and are able to get pressure on a QB the DBs don't have to be all that good. The OL was horrible, Light made me miss Seabass. 3 on 5, and they still couldn't hold. They even double covered the Saints DL and still couldn't hold them. Kaczur, Light are just not good enough anymore.

After a loss we always seem to question Belichick on ridiculous things, don't we? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Just me or didn't they press randy alot?  And where is his much touted "vertical"?  We never see the sideline jump ball that made Daunte Culpepper look like a genious for years. 

Sections
Shortcuts