Mike Patterson 1 year 900K

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Mike Patterson 1 year 900K

Wow, here a 29 years old, 9 year vet. 300 lbs. Versatile. coming off injury, cheap. exactly what the Pats look for. Did they have interest? Pass on him? Low ball him?

I understand this is a deep DL draft, but the Pats must draft 1-2 WR's and get outside CB insurance against Talib going astray...Branch, Kelly, Patterson, Sey....will the Pats offer?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Mike Patterson 1 year 900K

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Wow, here a 29 years old, 9 year vet. 300 lbs. Versatile. coming off injury, cheap. exactly what the Pats look for. Did they have interest? Pass on him? Low ball him?

I understand this is a deep DL draft, but the Pats must draft 1-2 WR's and get outside CB insurance against Talib going astray...Branch, Kelly, Patterson, Sey....will the Pats offer?

Couldn't it be just simply they don't like him as a player or they feel his skill set doesn't translate to what they do?

yes, of course. but it is a position of need in a year with very few draft choices available to them. 900 K ....non guaranteed salary. whats the risk?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Compared to his early years Patterson just hasn't been the same player the last couple. Right now I'd compare him to a Deadrick or Francis on the team (not size wise but talent and role wise). He would have been an interesting camp body but much rather spend the money on an Abraham at this point

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Couldn't it be just simply they don't like him as a player or they feel his skill set doesn't translate to what they do?

yes, of course. but it is a position of need in a year with very few draft choices available to them. 900 K ....non guaranteed salary. whats the risk?

Why waste their time if they aren't interested. They could find another camp body who they might feel is a better fit.

Just bringing in players for the sake of bringing in players when you know they aren't a fit justs doesn't seem produvtive.

do you mean like Jenkins?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Why waste their time if they aren't interested. They could find another camp body who they might feel is a better fit.

Just bringing in players for the sake of bringing in players when you know they aren't a fit justs doesn't seem produvtive.

Perhaps they see something we don't in Jenkins.

If you want to be critical I would look at the big ticket misses. Adalius Thomas, Leigh Bodden, Ocho Stinko...

I really think criticizing them for not bringing in Mike Patterson is really reaching. Not bringing in Abraham would be the better criticism.

I understand not signing Abraham. Until they know the extent of the Dennerd situation and Gronks injury, their hands are tied. But Patterson is zero risk..no guaranteed money. A proven vet, 29 years old, playoff tested. I am not saying Patterson would come in and be a star, but to play him in rotation with Vince, Deadrick, Lovie and Pryor/Armstead might lessen the need of spending the #1 on a DL and allow the Pats to take a WR

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Perhaps they see something we don't in Jenkins.

If you want to be critical I would look at the big ticket misses. Adalius Thomas, Leigh Bodden, Ocho Stinko...

I really think criticizing them for not bringing in Mike Patterson is really reaching. Not bringing in Abraham would be the better criticism.

I understand not signing Abraham. Until they know the extent of the Dennerd situation and Gronks injury, their hands are tied. But Patterson is zero risk..no guaranteed money. A proven vet, 29 years old, playoff tested. I am not saying Patterson would come in and be a star, but to play him in rotation with Vince, Deadrick, Lovie and Pryor/Armstead might lessen the need of spending the #1 on a DL and allow the Pats to take a WR

Which leads us back to my original post... perhaps they just didn't like the player or felt the skill set doesn't fit for what they do.

yes, you are absolutely correct. which begs the next question...will they like/sign any player that is under 30 years old to play on the DL other than a rookie draft choice, a CFL player or an undrafted free agent?

will they continue to chase 35 year old band aids that may or may not make the team, and if they do make the team, will be a 1 year rental, most likely incuring dead money. mean while, 31 year old, 380 pound Vince takes 80% of the snaps, and the clock is ticking on Deadrick and Lovies free agency

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I dont see why not, we can have 90 guys in camp. Sign em all and pick the best ones.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

well I guess we got our answer as to why patterson wasn't signed... Tommy kelly

so, I guess we called it correctly. Pats looking for veteren interior DL help...went with the oldest guy. no surprise.

wonder if they had to guarantee any money?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Bingo.  The Pats had something else in the works.  Good move on Kelly.  There are a lot of good FAs still out there.  Be patient.  These players are going to want to sign with a team before the draft and that window is closing fast.  After the draft it will be crumbs. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

so, I guess we called it correctly. Pats looking for veteren interior DL help...went with the oldest guy. no surprise.

You didn't get ANYTHING right, RKrap. You just exposed badly.  Mike Patterson stinks.  NYGS have no money.

Tommy Kelly probably WANTED to go to NE.  And, the fact is, BB has his pick of which vet DT because of how bloated the market is.

Why on earth would we pay Alan Branch 3 million per or some JAG like Patterson anything when Patterson isn't even any good?

Kelly>Patterson regardless of age. If they had signed Patterson off an injured year you and your annoying partner in crime (Mt Hurl) would be in here saying how cheap BB is and how he thinks it's about him with exclamation points littering your comments. LOL

You're so predictable and a fraid deluxe.

When BB traded for Ted Washington in 2003 or signed Keith Traylor in 2004, what was your reaction then? Too old? Or guys that can help, have experience, durable and hungry for a ring?

You're such a fraud. It's actually very funny to people here who have a high IQ, that you started this thread to be cute, againg insinuating BB let someone get away and because he's 28, this Patterson JAG Is a better fit in NE than Tommy Kelly.

The timing is classic. You just got caught again.

I'll say this, truthfully you make me almost embarrassed to be a Patriot's fan. The fact that someone like you can be a fan of the team almost makes me ashamed..I get secondary embarrassment just reading some of your stuff - no wonder why so many people hate us as fans. Do you run off to other sites acting the same way? You probably do. No other team could possibly have someone as annoying as you...you make me throw up in my mouth a little bit...just a little:(

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

You didn't get ANYTHING right, RKrap. You just exposed badly.  Mike Patterson stinks.  NYGS have no money.

Tommy Kelly probably WANTED to go to NE.  And, the fact is, BB has his pick of which vet DT because of how bloated the market is.

Why on earth would we pay Alan Branch 3 million per or some JAG like Patterson anything when Patterson isn't even any good?

Kelly>Patterson regardless of age. If they had signed Patterson off an injured year you and your annoying partner in crime (Mt Hurl) would be in here saying how cheap BB is and how he thinks it's about him with exclamation points littering your comments. LOL

When BB traded for Ted Washington in 2003 or signed Keith Traylor in 2004, what was your reaction then? Too old? Or guys that can help, have experience, durable and hungry for a ring?

You're such a fraud. It's actually very funny to people here who have a high IQ, that you started this thread to be cute, againg insinuating BB let someone get away and because he's 28, this Patterson JAG Is a better fit in NE than Tommy Kelly.

I'll say this, truthfully you make me almost embarrassed to be a Patriot's fan. The fact that someone like you can be a fan of the team almost makes me ashamed..I get secondary embarrassment just reading some of your stuff - no wonder why so many people hate us as fans. Do you run off to other sites acting the same way? You probably do. No other team could possibly have someone as annoying as you...you make me throw up in my mouth a little bit...just a little:(

"NYGS have no money."

Thats the point. Patterson signed for no guarantee, only 900k for 1 year! If he stinks in camp, cut him! no dead money!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

wait, I guarantee Rusty takes out the Bb quote from what was it, 2005, the night before the Pats played the Raiders, and BB does his usual talk up of players...BB was saying how great Kelly was in 2005!! I bet Rusty pulls that quote out like it was made recently, meanwhile it is over 8 years old!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

There are many more criteria and considerations, in addition to age, health, previous performance and financial contract to consider and analyze. 

and The fact is... NOBODY on this board has even a small fraction of the knowledge, compared to the collective Patriots staff, required to make any intelligent statements about which players are best for the team.  You self proclaimed know-it-alls are just blowing hot air with shallow breath.

Sections
Shortcuts