Mike Pereira on "roughing the passer" calls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Mike Pereira on "roughing the passer" calls

The Hamilton penalty was not only an obvious farce, but probably the most heartbreaking play in Patriots history....until the Tyree catch, that is! I doubt even Peyton Maning could get that call! And for the trolls moaning about Tom asking for a flag, I've seen Peyton do it any time a defender comes within two feet of him. He also flails his arms at the zebras on every incomplete pass for interference. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! NEGAME is too young to remember Sugar Bear. But that was the one year last century when the team actually had it together. The tuck rule play was revenge, albeit twenty-five years late! And the Raiders have always whined when they lost a postseason game. Their fueds with the Steelers were infamous. I only have one thing to say to ant Raiders fan... "Just SHUT UP, baby"!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"And the Raiders have always whined when they lost a postseason game."

Bingo. After we beat them in '85, Patrick Sullivan was accosted by the heroic genius Matt Millen and Lester Hayes sat on his helmet, staring into the blue.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Pereira on "roughing the passer" calls:
    [QUOTE]The Hamilton penalty was not only an obvious farce, but probably the most heartbreaking play in Patriots history....until the Tyree catch, that is! I doubt even Peyton Maning could get that call! And for the trolls moaning about Tom asking for a flag, I've seen Peyton do it any time a defender comes within two feet of him. He also flails his arms at the zebras on every incomplete pass for interference. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! NEGAME is too young to remember Sugar Bear. But that was the one year last century when the team actually had it together. The tuck rule play was revenge, albeit twenty-five years late! And the Raiders have always whined when they lost a postseason game. Their fueds with the Steelers were infamous. I only have one thing to say to ant Raiders fan... "Just SHUT UP, baby"!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Any player in any sport at any level who thinks someone committed a foul against them will lobby the refs. It happens in every single game. Every coach will do the same thing. It is part of sports. I still don't know why people are whining so much about that except that they don't really watch sports or they just hate Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be honest.  The Patriots are one of the heaviest and most quarterback-flattening teams in the NFL.  Their linebackers are oversized and their D-line is usually huge.  Historically they have flattened a lot of quarterbacks.  Just last Sunday they used the Baltimore quarterback as a blunt instrument on RT Gaither's head.  The Patriots don't have many penalties out on the field, and that's the sign of a well-coached team, but they tend to get fined a lot on Wednesdays.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Pats are second in the league in penalties called against them and second in the league in penalty yards so far this year.

BTW, i watched the Mike Pereira segment also.  Count me as another person who noticed that the ref reached for the flag before Brady turned around.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Gamer. The serious injury is the spinal chord injury; that's an injury (eg: spearing) that could kill some one. I could also see injuries that are misdiagnosed that are internal(Chris Sims spleendectomy). My belief is that the NFL doesn't want any class action post-concussion lawsuits, however, these injuries are similar to boxing injuries because it is often the cumulative toll they take on a player over the course of their career rather than one specific blow. Lower body injuries can be career enders, but seldom would they ever prove fatal. Even something like a severe bloodclot could be dealt with before amputation became a realistic option.

Yeah the players are bigger, but that works both ways: the linemen protecting Carson Palmer are bigger than him and their height and weight is nearly always tantamount to or greater than their defensive counterparts (as a unit). The players are on the best shape they have ever been (includes big nasties)and have access to the finest medical care in the world. Like I keep saying, the injuries  will continue to be a part of the game and the best prevention might be advances in equipment. Every multi-millionaire player knows what he signed up for and you can't legislate aggression out of the game, therefore he assumes some measure of risk; both long term:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/head_games/interview_johnson.html

And short term.....take Frank Gore.

The real tragedy is that the average lifespan (NOT CAREER LIFE) is 56 years old. That's 16-18 years less than the # of years you and I will live. That's the darker side (non-criminal version). The lighter side is the money, fame, fortune and hot chicks.

Michael

PS. I like the gamer one peice swimsuit or two-piece swimsuit, but I realise that's Pattriot AFCCG material and not coaching tree rivalry material. Have a great Canada Thanksgiving weekend everyone...health of brady..gamer in chaps ..so so much to be thankful for.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Pereira on "roughing the passer" calls : Hey, Yapple 1976?? No wonder I didn't get you're drift.  Was that game against the Raiders?? when so many comment that the tuck rule was pay back?
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

It would take 10 tuck plays to equal that bs call by ben dreith