Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!

In Response to Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!:
    [QUOTE]Mike Reiss is deserting us to go to the new espnboston.com!!! They had to take our best reporter, didn't they? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/mike-reiss-heads-to-espnbostoncom/
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie[/QUOTE]

NOOOOOOO!!!!  he is the best sports writer that Boston has.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!:
    [QUOTE]I not a big fan of his but I wish him the best.
    Posted by Kmax[/QUOTE]

WHAT????  Are you kidding me?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rory2123. Show Rory2123's posts

Best of luck Mike. I always saw you as someone who connected well with the fans, had good insight, and treated us with respect -- esspecially with your Q&A pieces where you addressed each writer by name. A classy guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

I know I really will miss Mike's assessments and opinions and wish him all the best.  What I liked about him was that if he had made a mistake and someone pointed that out to him, he would acknowledge it.  He wasn't patronizing to his readers and would always answer his questions in a respective tone even after having probably the same question 50 times in the mailbag.  Good luck in your new vocation and let's all hope that the Globe hires someone else to replace him who is at least half as good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Reiss out.....Gasper in.....

Good luck in your new gig Mike.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Concerned84041. Show Concerned84041's posts

[QUOTE]I know I really will miss Mike's assessments and opinions and wish him all the best.  What I liked about him was that if he had made a mistake and someone pointed that out to him, he would acknowledge it.  He wasn't patronizing to his readers and would always answer his questions in a respective tone even after having probably the same question 50 times in the mailbag.  Good luck in your new vocation and let's all hope that the Globe hires someone else to replace him who is at least half as good.
    Posted by sportsnut4[/QUOTE]

Dude, he's not dead or even leaving this area.  He's just changing employer's that's all. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

That s ucks, I am a big fan of his and I was a big fan of Adam Sheffter as well god I hate ESPN.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Anyone saying Reiss isn't a good reporter simply has no clue what they are talking about.  Reiss is one of the best there is at what he does, and it will be a huge hit for the Globe.  Can't blame him for taking a step up in his career, even if it is with ESPN.  Fact is, ESPN is thriving and the Globe is suffering.  I for one will be reading Mike at whatever site he's on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcbond. Show mcbond's posts

Can't say we didn't see it coming.

Wonder what the new blog will be called:

Gridiron Gasper

Gasper's Gaspings

Or maybe the globe will be really original and follow suit with the Celtics and Bruins blog by announcing the "Patriots Blog"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

ive been coming to mikes blog for years. being out of the state now he gets me all my patriots news. i wish him well and he is my favorite boston sports writer. hopefully he can get espn to shape up. too bad the globe is going thu all the economic problems or they may have been able to keep him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Does this mean Mike will get to do a 70 mile drive to all the sports arenas in and around Boston on his last day on Morrisey Blvd.  Line the Streets Pats Fans say good bye to a Boston Icon mike Riess!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

[QUOTE]That s ucks, I am a big fan of his and I was a big fan of Adam Sheffter as well god I hate ESPN.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]
    I think that's a big reason they're making such an effort to win some New England fans back (Patriots "team of the decade", Mike Reiss, etc,) along with hiring Sheffter (the Peter Gammons of football)... there are a lot of us that still refuse to watch that crrappy excuse for a formerly awesome sports station because they drove the hate bus right over Boston for well over a year.  I have a feeling they lost a good chunk of New England ratings with all their foolishness.

Still no apologies for all of their stupid comments (and pathetic analysis of everything), though... man I still hate them, too.  Just writing about it makes me ill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

It gets worse, look at the great columnists that chad finn mentioned will be a part of ESPNBoston -

ESPN has a roster of columnists and contributors with significant Boston ties, including Bill Simmons, who writes the popular “Sports Guy’’ column and also hosts an entertaining podcast, baseball guru Peter Gammons, and NFL analyst Michael Smith.

Those guys, along with Reiss (and Sheffters new hitting espn), it will be tough to stay away from it.  Darn, guess I better get over my grudge.  But if they put anything by trey wingo, criss carter, fat tomase, merrill hodge, wilbon, kornholio, I'm going to be sik.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!! : WHAT????  Are you kidding me?!?!
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't Kid you.  The guy in my opinion always played it safe, he always road in the middle of the road with a slight tilt towards Patriots management.

There's nothing wrong with that.  You have every right to love that style of writing. 

I think he's a boring powder puff who never took a stand for or against anything (middle of the road).  That's my opinion.

Thanks for your concern. 

Sections
Shortcuts