Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!

Mike Reiss is deserting us to go to the new espnboston.com!!!

They had to take our best reporter, didn't they?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/mike-reiss-heads-to-espnbostoncom/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Re: Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!

I not a big fan of his but I wish him the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ajclark4. Show Ajclark4's posts

i'll be sure to mail him a phone book to sit on behind the desk

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

That bites!  I really liked how he kept the tidbits flowing all year, even when it was slow.  If you compare the Herald's site with the Globe's, you see a lot more fresh content on the Globe's site.  Most of that originated from Reiss.  In the offseason, the Herald would post absolutely nothing unless something major occurred.  Reiss would find something to post to keep fans interested.  OK, sometimes it was pretty trivial, but still.

And then you have the mailbag, live chats, in-game updates, and so on.  Christopher Gasper has a lot to keep up.

Kind of think it would be nice for us fans to send Reiss an appreciation plaque.  Maybe we could put together a plaque with our screen names, and the info you would see in our profile like member since, posts, etc.  I'd be willing to pay for it and don't need any money from anyone.  All I would need is an email sent to CarawayDJ@gmail.com saying you want to be on the plaque.  Provide your user info as well.  If you attach your avatar image or real image I can include it too.  If you are ugly as hell just send me your avatar lol.  

I'm thinking something along the line of an "Aloha Board".  This is something you would get when you leave a place of employment in Hawaii.  It's a large picture frame with a small picture in the middle, surrounded by notes from everyone.  In this case, it would be surrounded by everyones user info, avatars, or pictures.

OK, maybe a corny idea, but I really liked the job he did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

this will be sweet when boston dot com starts to charge us to use this site, espn will be free I am hoping.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

This guy is a sell out!!!! He'll be next one ripping the Patriots with the rest of the ESPN guys. I hope they paid you well Mike and Honestly.........You weren't that good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Congrats to Mike. He was good enough that we knew this day would come eventually.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

I stopped watching ESPN long ago.... Add another to the list of pontificating nobodies trying to make you think they are somebody. ESPN needs to pare down the number of reporters, not add to it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Congratulations Mike, and best of luck. Cant blame you for leaving the newspaper for a piece of the ESPN franchise. It has a much brighter future than the Globe...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Globe's out-of-town owner wants to milk the cash out of its cow.  One way is to cut the staff's salaries across the board.  But when you try a stunt like that, the top reporters get hired away for more money.

Enjoy, Mike.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!:
    Mike Reiss is deserting us to go to the new espnboston.com!!! They had to take our best reporter, didn't they? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/mike-reiss-heads-to-espnbostoncom/
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie

Good for him! His fine work for the Globe has been rewarded.

Congratulations, Mike!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

Good for Mike but this is a horrible hit for the Globe.  I think that he is their best reporter.  Every day I check the Reiss' Pieces blog and if they stop doing that then I think than I will stop using this site.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I'm happy for Mike, he deserves it.

Mike had the most current and accurate Pats information on the web.  He will be missed!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanInGlendaleAZ. Show PatsFanInGlendaleAZ's posts

Why?  Why??  Why???
    Would you leave us and go to the Extra Stupid Pathetic Network ESPN)?  Seriously, I hope you kick some rear end there at ESPN and make a positive difference to that pathetic network!  Thank you for giving us your best.  Will miss your reporting!

aka "mulehead"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!:
    That bites!  I really liked how he kept the tidbits flowing all year, even when it was slow.  If you compare the Herald's site with the Globe's, you see a lot more fresh content on the Globe's site.  Most of that originated from Reiss.  In the offseason, the Herald would post absolutely nothing unless something major occurred.  Reiss would find something to post to keep fans interested.  OK, sometimes it was pretty trivial, but still. And then you have the mailbag, live chats, in-game updates, and so on.  Christopher Gasper has a lot to keep up. Kind of think it would be nice for us fans to send Reiss an appreciation plaque.  Maybe we could put together a plaque with our screen names, and the info you would see in our profile like member since, posts, etc.  I'd be willing to pay for it and don't need any money from anyone.  All I would need is an email sent to CarawayDJ@gmail.com saying you want to be on the plaque.  Provide your user info as well.  If you attach your avatar image or real image I can include it too.  If you are ugly as hell just send me your avatar lol.   I'm thinking something along the line of an "Aloha Board".  This is something you would get when you leave a place of employment in Hawaii.  It's a large picture frame with a small picture in the middle, surrounded by notes from everyone.  In this case, it would be surrounded by everyones user info, avatars, or pictures. OK, maybe a corny idea, but I really liked the job he did.
    Posted by carawaydj

I agree kind of corny idea but definitely a nice tribute.  He did a damn good job reporting on the Pats and should be missed around these parts.  All you guys hating go back to your Colts message boards.  Well if you get a bunch of people that email you I will as well or you could just include user names and post counts from whoever posts in this thread that wants to be included.  Hmmmm that would make a bunch more work for you I guess I will wait to see if more people are interested.  I would like to see you incorporate my avatar onto the plaque somehow lol.  Then Mike could use it for multiple things.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Good for you Mike, I hope you like it at ESPN. I am sure you had a nice pay raise. Most of us Pats fans of course can't stand ESPN but you deserve the rewards of a job well done at the Globe! Go Pats!!!!

When some D bag there wants to run some BS story on the Pats please tell them to stick it for us!! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from reg122. Show reg122's posts

what.. espn reaches boston? seriously, perhaps mike can help tilt their bias the other way. i looked forward to his columns and analyses. he will b missed. hopefuuly, the globe has agreat B-team ready!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

I wish him well and will miss him here. Someone has big shoes to fill now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steveleary. Show steveleary's posts

Count me as one who is saddened at loss to Globe and we Patriot fans. I sincerely believe that we benefitted from his coverage, especially in the offseason, which historically had been a black hole for Patriot info. I especially appreciated his mailbag, as he sometimes would be willing to share risky opinions, and acknowledge when he was wrong.

My hope is that his replacement (Chris G?) builds upon Mikle's successful approach.

My best wishes to Mike in future.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ruland. Show ruland's posts

I love it! One more reason to not go to Boston.com. I can take anymore front page Teddy Kennedy tributes. Mike Reiss, we'll see you on ESPNBoston.com.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Congratulations Mike!

I am glad you are not leaving Boston and that you will still be covering the Patriots.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fuzzy1. Show fuzzy1's posts

In Response to Mike Reiss is leaving to ESPN!!!:
    Mike Reiss is deserting us to go to the new espnboston.com!!! They had to take our best reporter, didn't they? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/27/mike-reiss-heads-to-espnbostoncom/
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie

Its so weird, because I was reading the comments for PFT and most of the national view says that ESPN is devoted to boston sports??? What planet are these people on?  Boston was unapoligetically hammered by ESPN for the last few years, so most of us hate ESPN and don't watch or support any of their affiliates, I certainly wont support ESPN Boston.  They're still trying to win back the Boston region after the Patriots debacle two years ago.  Scew them.

Too bad they scored Scheffter and Reiss though.  They should have signed Tomase, Borges and Ryan, then it would be easier for me not to watch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It look like ESPN is creating/created a bunch of localized sports sites that focus on specific regions and teams.  It makes sense to pilfer the best beat writers from each region as they do it.  If that is the case, I might have to check it out.  Reiss and Gasper were the only writers saying anything in the offseason.

I'm surprised to see so many people who didn't like him.  It's kind of making me think a big W.T.F?  What the heck did he do wrong, not answer your emails or something?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

Wow, this is terrible.

I hope they give him a blog similar to what he does with the globe. This is/was THE BEST spot for pats news, and he kept a good handle on things. I will definately be following to ESPN from the Globe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

This is a great opportunity for MR and the next person in line to take his job at the globe. Without knowing to much about this espnboston.com development this maybe a great opportunity for boston sports teams or even boston itself for that matter. We have had some of the most successful sports clubs across the board (professionally and collegiate) in this county and its about time we get a little more recognition. What better to have that news brought to us then by Mike Reiss regardless of how you may feel about him.

Sections
Shortcuts