Mike reiss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Mike reiss

Three player's that stood out to him. Ras - I, beckett, mallet I'm routing for beckett Ras-i I lost hope for. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

Re: Mike reiss

clearly you're not only a grammar teacher (routing instead of rooting) but you're a dodger fan rooting for josh beckett, not jake bequette.

all in all though, good news on all 3 guys. hopefully all 3 can stay healthy and make serious contributions this year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

Thanks for the the lesson, MR Grammer. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

I think it was Field Yates or someone over there at ESPN Boston who was saying that the plan with Bequette was meant to bring him along slowly last year, almost as a red shirt situation.

Then, they made comparisons to other draft picks who ascended in their second year.  Not saying this means anything, just that there is something noticeable with how they're bringing him along in terms of realizing he needed some development last year before he competes with Francis, Nink, etc at 4-3 DE.

Hopefully he helps out this year so many people calling him a bust already. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm hoping Ras and Bequette can provide something this year. I was pretty high on Bequette thinking he could provide more of an immediate backup role to Nink last year and was disappointed when I didn't see him get used. Though, I was happy to see Francis stepping up (Francis was my UDFA camp favorite last year). 

The only guy I hope not to see is Mallett for obvious reasons but good to hear he looks good.

Not going to get too excited because it's early and we heard similar reports with Brace and Ras last year too that never came to be, but it's nice hearing something positive from these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I read that too about Bequette a couple of days ago. I watch a lot of SEC football and Bequette is a guy that stood out. What impressed me is how well he played against Alabama. He had a couple of sacks and was in the backfield all day in his last game against them. Alabama went on to win the BCS that year too. As for Dowling, he's got the size and skills to be special but can he stay healthy? Either way the Patriots are set but if these guys can step up, wow! 

I love this team, its loaded, can't wait to get it started.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm hoping Ras and Bequette can provide something this year. I was pretty high on Bequette thinking he could provide more of an immediate backup role to Nink last year and was disappointed when I didn't see him get used. Though, I was happy to see Francis stepping up (Francis was my UDFA camp favorite last year). 

The only guy I hope not to see is Mallett for obvious reasons but good to hear he looks good.

Not going to get too excited because it's early and we heard similar reports with Brace and Ras last year too that never came to be, but it's nice hearing something positive from these guys.

Yes I like Francis too, I guess forston is making some noise. I agree it's early but it's something to talk about. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coco40038. Show Coco40038's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Yeah, I don't really read anything into these kinds of drills. I just take note and move on.   As for Dowling, I felt he looked really good in early 2011 before getting hurt. Not a question of talent with him.

Nice to hear Mallett looked sharp. Not surprising, really. 3rd camp, has had the training, would blow away EJ Manuel or Geno Smith's situation right now.

I'm hoping geno blows this year, just cause I want to see Sanchez sink with rex's ship. 

11. This post has been removed.