Mike Reiss....Well Said....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Mike Reiss....Well Said....

By Mike Reiss
    Peyton Manning is a great quarterback, but what we learned tonight in Super Bowl XLIV is this: He’s no Tom Brady in the pressure moment on the game’s biggest stage. 

Looking to lead the Colts back from a 24-17 fourth-quarter deficit against the Saints, Manning threw an interception that cornerback Tracy Porter returned 74 yards for a touchdown, a key play in New Orleans' 31-17 upset victory. 

It was a costly mistake, the kind of miscue that Brady, in his four Super Bowl appearances, never made in the critical fourth-quarter situation. 

Even in the Patriots’ Super Bowl loss to the Giants, Brady had led a fourth-quarter drive for a touchdown before the defense couldn’t hold. 

For all the stories that were written over the last week about which quarterback was the best of the decade – Brady or Manning – one aspect was overlooked: How Manning would lead the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. 

If you measure a quarterback by how he responds in the pressure moments on the game’s biggest stage, the debate ended with authority tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Mike Reiss....Well Said....

Oh, and BTW, from NOLA . . .WHO DAT indeed.

This city is blowing up!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i know you're a pats fan. congratulations just the same. it was a win for your city.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Brady did throw a bad pick in the endzone late in the game  VS. the Panthers. That interception kept Carolina in the game and eventually tied it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Party Hard N.O!! Wish I was there!  Thank you for salvaging the season!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

This whole arguement is pointless anyway.  If were talking about never losing the big game then Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw are 4-0 while Brady and Manning have both lost Super Bowls.  So is this agruement about who is the 3rd and 4th best quarterbacks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Congrats to the Saints, it was a great game to watch and the on side kick was about the b@llsiest play I've ever seen in a SB.  Payton took the wind right out of the Colts' sails with that play.  

I agree with Reiss too.  Peyton is a great QB and his numbers are fantastic.  He will be remembered as among the greatest.  But to be be the best ever, a status that many were trying to elevate Manning to before the game even started, you have to deliver when it counts.  Manning has a bit of Favre in him in that when the pressure is on, he sometimes makes costly mistakes.  

It's not Manning's fault that the rest of the media universe tried to make him the king of quarterbacks.  He is human like the rest of us after all.    

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

"10. In the end, I can’t pick against Peyton Manning and the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV. I almost switched to the Saints because of Dwight Freeney’s ankle injury, but I’ll go Colts 34, Saints 24."

I'm not a big fan of Reiss. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

ONE COMMENT ABOUT THE GREATEST QB IS VERY DIFFICULT. PUT MONTANA IN A REVOLUTIONIZED WEST COAST OFFENSE WITH HIGH PERCENTAGE THROWS DESIGNED TO MIMIC A RUNNING PLAY BUT STILL VERY EFFICIENT. HE SHOULD HIS TRUE METAL AGAINST CINCY ON THAT 92 YARD DRIVE WITH DOWNFIELD ACCURACY TO ULTIMATELY WIN 20-16. HE WAS BLESSED WITH A KILLER DEFENSE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It would be "showed his true mettle"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

"This whole arguement is pointless anyway.  If were talking about never losing the big game then Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw are 4-0 while Brady and Manning have both lost Super Bowls.  So is this agruement about who is the 3rd and 4th best quarterbacks?" - Patsman2

Not so pointless. The argument is "Who is the best QB of this era" at least in my mind.

Joe Montana is the best ever IMO. But of this era? That is firmly in Brady's hands, again IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I agree Reiss is correct as usual.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This isn't about Brady v. Montana. Until Tom Terrific hauls another trophy in, Joe Cool is still #1 to me.

But the Brady v Manning debate is not even a contest.

Brady played better in his SB loss, driving for the go ahead score, than Manning has in his one SB win or his most recent playoff failure. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Brady may not have done what Manning did in a super bowl yet and I pray he never does. BUT he certainly has had some awful awful post season games.

Poor game against Ravens this year. Bad interception.

2 terrible games against SanDiego in post season. Won both but was awful and more interceptions. Saved by Troy Brown in one and by Maroney in the other.

Pick 6 against Denver in post season.

Interception to close out AFC east Championship game vs. Indy.

Brady is great and happy he is our QB but lets not make him out to be perfect. His post season record is better than his post season performance. Evidenced by the 2 San Diego wins in which he was not good.