mike riess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

mike riess

ive decided i hate mike's draft analysis.  it consists of him regurgitating names that he heard from "experts" whithout any true knowledge of the players.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: mike riess

He's a reporter, that's what they do. 

He does not have a background as an NFL player, scout, coach, or team exec.  I don't know why you would expect him to be an expert.  His knowledge of the game is probably comparable to many of us fans, but he has the access to the people who do know more and gets to ask them the pertinent questions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He had to go to ESPN or some other place the Globe was cleaning house.  He's not as bad as Breer, Tomase or Gaspar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im not saying i dont like him. outside of the draft i think hes great. he just has no idea what hes talking about and admits as much saying things like "i havent seen much of him, but im going off of what analysts are saying."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

He does a much better job than anyone reporting for Boston.com

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: mike riess:
    im not saying i dont like him. outside of the draft i think hes great. he just has no idea what hes talking about and admits as much saying things like "i havent seen much of him, but im going off of what analysts are saying."
    Posted by FOWLER8196

That is what I like about Reiss. He openly states he's not an expert on college prospects and refers to the expertise of others.  At least he doesn't pretend.  I doubt many local media types are qualified to judge draft prospects.  Breer's old colleague, Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News, is an exception.  That guy has written some good pieces on a variety of topics.  He needs to go to a national media outlet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

it's better than Albert starting all of his pieces with "So a good buddy of mine......"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

I love to read Riess in the same way I love to listen to Tim Kirchin on the MLB.  The are each very atypical of ESPN.  Thankfully, neither is called upon to read their stupid commercials.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

So he is like everone else when it came to the draft....

He is still the best reporter covering the Pats....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEforever. Show NEforever's posts

he does a good job, it could be someone mcuh worse!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: mike riess:
    So he is like everone else when it came to the draft.... He is still the best reporter covering the Pats....
    Posted by m1021us

i agree he is great. he just seems to fail to see the value of anyone who is not named kindle and not drafted in the first 2 rounds... again i want to make clear that other than the draft i think mike is great and love his passion for what he does.

Sections
Shortcuts