MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux

One of my buddies is a Steeler fan ( bleh ) and after Pit drafted Wallace he told me BB made a huge mistake taking Brandon Tate over him . I dismissed it as just another one of his bitter Pats-hatin' ramblins.
      By the end of that 2009 preseason he was callin Wallace "60minutes" and insisting the guy was going to be a gamebreaker. 
     I remember countering with "Yah right  , Belichick wouldn't have passed on him for an injured wr if he didn't think his guy was wayyyyy better than Wallace . 

In retrospect my buddy was right ....dang it.

30 other teams not named the Patriots passed on Wallace ( and if the 2009 draft was redone today - Wallace would be taken in the top 10 ...maybe top 5 ) so slammin' BB too hard over this pick isnt fair....but there are a couple things that BB at least needs to own up to regarding this particular decision .

a)The Pats needed a WR ( and took one ) -so obviously they evaluated Wallace heavily and considering the speedster was still on the board - you have to wonder what they DIDNT see in him.

b) The Pats took a flyer on an INJURED Player instead . One they knew would not be able to help them immediately .

c) Tate didn't set the world on fire in college - so I have to wonder what the Pats saw in him . I personally wasn't all that impressed with his college highlight reel ( Disclosure - I dont watch Colloge football so Im going by the limited highlights I watched of Tate before he blew out his knee )

I think BB is the best NFL coach of all time , but to be fair - he's not the best drafter , and if he was - it wouldnt be fair to the rest of the NFL .

Bill Belichick: Nobody is going to catch Mike Wallace

Super Bowl XLV Getty Images

As Patriots coach Bill Belichick prepares for the Steelers on Sunday, he says stopping receiver Mike Wallace is going to be a huge challenge for his defense.

“He’s a big-play receiver. He’s really fast,” Belichick said of Wallace. “Nobody is going to catch him, so you have to be careful about how much space he gets when he catches the ball. I think he’s improved a lot from when we played them last year, just as a football player, his patience and route technique.”

If Wallace has improved a lot from when the Patriots played him last year, that could be trouble: Last year Wallace had eight catches for 136 yards and two touchdowns against the Patriots.

Wallace, who leads the league with six catches of 40 or more yards, is the best deep threat in football. The Providence Journal notes that Belichick could have had Wallace in the 2009 NFL draft but instead chose receiver Brandon Tate, who’s no longer with the Patriots, with the 83rd overall pick. The Steelers took Wallace 84th. It’s fun to think about what kind of passing game the Patriots could have if they added Wallace, but suggesting now that the Patriots should have taken Wallace then sounds like 20/20 hindsight.

In any event, Belichick knows his defense has its hands full with Wallace.

“He stretches the field, but he can also take a short pass and turn it into a long run, so you have to defend him from the line of scrimmage to the back of the end zone and from sideline to sideline,” Belichick said. “He’s a tough guy to match up on.”

Wallace is one of the toughest matchup problems in the NFL.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux

Yeah they got a great receiver there. I'd be willing to bet 31 teams are asking themselves why they passed on Gronk and Hernandez multiple times. You win some, you lose some.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux:
    [QUOTE]Yeah they got a great receiver there. I'd be willing to bet 31 teams are asking themselves why they passed on Gronk and Hernandez multiple times. You win some, you lose some.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Right? We think missing on Mike Wallace is bad?  I still can't believe we missed out on:

Chris Johnson
    Mendenhall
    Matt Forte
    Ray Rice
    Jamal Charles
    Finley
    D-Jackson
    Jimmy Graham
    Mike Williams
    Lesean Mccoy
    Jahvid best
    Clay mathews
    Hakeem nicks
    kenny Britt
    Shonn greene
    Dez bryant

I mean if we had only known the future we could have drafted some of these guys and then been a good football team.

Note- Extreme Sarcasm is intended for those of you who needed to know.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

TrueChamp, you sort of had me until I saw Shonn Greene.
    But for that 2008 draft class (RB) was impressive.  The Pats took Mayo at #10 then didnt pick again until #62.
    Mendenhall #23
    C Johnson #24
    M Forte #44
    D-Jax #49
    R Rice #55.

But still, Shonn Greene in that list?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

if only we had a crystal ball...

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/Patriots_Steelers_Wallace_Tate_10-28-11_UFR6I_v2.22afb0a.html

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Hindsight...

31 other teams passed on Tom Brady many times, I bet they wish they had a crystal ball, right?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

[QUOTE]Nice, young WR, but I also think he is incredibly overrated.   The guy gets a long TD against Arizona and out come the "he's the best" type comments because he plays for Pitt.  Sure, he's clearly better than Tate. Obviously. Tate is disappointing, but I also think the Pats offense is far more complex than Pitt's. There really isn't an offense more demanding than this one. Wallace runs like 5 routes.  He's really only a deep threat, so as fast and dangerous as he is, and there is no question that is the case, you can gameplan for him. He's not freakish like an Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, etc, but he's an ideal speed demon type on the flank. Nice pick by Pitt, but let's not go overboard here.  We could make the same claims when looking at our TEs and their TEs in terms of "we didn't pick the right guy" premises.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I am just curious and I am not trying to be smart a$$ here.  When you say that the patriots offense is far  more complex that the Steelers, what are you basing that on?  Then you say Wallace only runs 5 routes but he is only a deep threat. So does he run 5 variations of a deep pattern?  Granted he is not the 0-5yard from the los pass catching machine welker is, but I think we will keep him just the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The thing that bothers me about missing out on him is that he would answer a small hole in the Pats offense: a deep threat to make PA passing even better. 

I've almost given up on Price. He looks so good in his reps ... then sits. Whatever. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The draft is a crap shoot, it's why a guy like Pioli went from being a shuttle driver...to a genius...to a shuttle driver.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

There's a difference between the 2 prevalent notions here...  Number one being, That The NFL Draft is a complete & total "guessing game", sometimes ya luck out & sometimes ya don't...Either way, you have little to absolutely NO control, because you're just in the hands of those twisted joker & ever mercurial Draft Gods.  This isn't bad, insanely simple minded, but not bad.  The second camp irks me waaay more.  Here's the second camp's insight:  We will speak absolutely NOTHING of it during the actual TIME said player in a certain NFL Draft, was actually selected by NE...YET, anywhere from 1 to upwards of half a decade later, we will chastise the poor selection which didn't pan out, And show you ALL the better selections that we coulda, and much too obviously- Really shoulda taken, instead.  We will fail to mention that we were entirely sold & loudly outspoken during the actual draft day time, on the fact that NE would be "Absolutely CRAZY, not to jump on Taylor Mays and/or Vernon Gholston!!"  

In terms of Brandon Tate...it was an insane selection.  And some of us actually SAID (crazy, huh?) it was an insane selection...at the time...of the pick.  Right then...within days or just hours...of the pick.  Not brain surgery here...  Just off the top'a my head....: Mike Wallace, Mike Thomas, Johnny Knox, Brandon Gibson, Austin Collie, -just to name a few of the dozen + prospects, whom were either rated higher, Or MUCH higher, BUT whom were each & all selected after the lesser skilled by 99.9% of all accounts, Brandon Tate...  

One might say:  "This too, is sorta an "After-the-fact" guessing game though, right?  Considering there were some wideouts rated higher than Tate, who themselves didn't pan out either...?  Also Laz, you fail to bring to mind those draft selections whom are proven OR already HAVE proven to be total studs...Guys who've been selected considerably higher than standard belief at that draft day time, Would have them taken so high....".

True...but the flipside is 10X more true.  Thinking now for instance, Juaquin Iglesias, Ramses Barden=2 wideouts in that '09 Draft rated FAR higher than Tate...yet 2 wideouts EQUALLY (if not moreso), as complete or total NFL failures.  2 selections however...BOTH of whom had certain enormous red flags.  Iglesias AND Barden as well: 2 Players whose numerous scouted breakdowns made mention of the fact that BOTH of these guys had "motivational issues" (something ya might wanna key in on a tad bit, regardless of who the guy is).  Lastly, in response to that 2nd aspect (guys who've greatly flown under the draft radar, and initially thus were confusingly selected a great deal higher than most everyone believed they SHOULD have been taken...yet they actually DID turn out to be just stud players).  My answer is simple:  For EVERY single multiple Round, HUGE draftday reach like Logan Mankins & Sebastian Vollmer, whose NFL career DOES very successfully pan out, I'll give you- why not?  How 'bout 3 Draft Day BIG multi-round reaches & subsequent selections, whom fail...guys selected MUCH higher than they shoulda (or sometimes not at all), and are total selection wastes (either of value, or value & the selection itself). 
         2009 Draft alone=George Bussey, Brandon Tate, Tyrone McKenzie, Jake Ingram...ALL players drafted 2 PLUS more rounds than every take on their skill set, stated they SHOULD have been selected at.  Previous year?  Wilhite, Wheatley, Slater=there's 3 right there (and no...NOT Shawn Crable. 
         Despite what any Pats Fan fortune teller says, Crable WAS a smart selection.  No U of M injury issues, good value, great size, GREAT production <1 year he had like 28 Tfls under his belt />, Leader, good teammate, dedicated, etc..).  Crable was 1 whom you had really ZERO chance of calling as a guy who would be a busted selection...  
         ~~~The Final issue is, THESE guys your draft day selection number bank roll, makes it viable & acceptable to take your licks with- To cut your losses, and still be o.k. to move on.  But when you add a decent enough pick LIKE Shawn Crable, but whom yes- Those evil draft day gods (they exist), DID put apparently place an NFL career target on, WITH guys ya had NO real business of selected WHERE you DID actual select them...or sometimes in higher rounds, just not at all (same '09 draft as Crable: Wheatley, Slater, & Wilhite)....well, now ya might have yourself a self-induced issue draft class "overall talent-issue" on your hands.                     

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots are sitting on three receivers that the rest of the NFL would die for:  Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez.  Two of them were drafted from under everybody's noses.  Welker was simply the result of the Patriots preying on the Fins' inordinate cheapskateness, and he cost a second rounder and a seventh.  The rest of the NFL could have had Welker too.

Mike Wallace will be bracketed with a cornerback and a safety.  That will pretty much be the end of him for the whole game.  Quite a number of WRs across the NFL draw double coverage these days.  Hines Ward will probably sit.  If Ward does play he'll get single coverage because he hasn't practiced all week.  After that, the Patriots will find two incredibly fat guys (choose from Haynesworth, Wilfork, Brace) to close down the right side of the Steelers' offensive line, and the well-disciplined defense will contain Big Ben in the pocket as usual.

If the Steelers tried to double cover Welker, Gronk and Hernandez too, they would be as vulnerable to the run as the Jets were.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]Prior to Tate's October 2008 injury, he was a 1st rd projected pick, so waiting a year on him to red shirt, so to speak, learn with film, adjust to pro life, etc, it was a pick that was similarly to what the Gronkowski pick was: Picking a talented player 1 or 2 rounds later due to an injury in his senior year. A clear, worthwhile gamble. It's a gamble worth taking when you have as many picks as BB tries to generate every draft. It's a numbers game. It's poker. No one really knew who Mike Wallace was unless you watched Wallace in college. This is a typical trollish style thread that's already been exposed. NE took Gronkowski and Hernandez, rounds later in 2010, and Pitt, amongst literally every AFC team or NFL team, has nothing remotely close to those players' talent. It is a crapshoot, not just for NE, but for all 32 teams.  Enough with this childish armchair QBing. Thes trollish threads get really old. Advice: Anything Felger, Mazz or Gasper say, do a 180 so you don't look like an idiot.

Rusty...c'mon.  No offence here...  You know some great & in-depth stuff RE: Pro Football, but- How do I say this...  The NFL Draft is not your strong suit.  Really, it's not even your moderately average suit.  Yet, you atempt to draw your learned & exacting "case-closed" conclusions on this subject, anyway.  

Brandon Tate at North Carolina had 1...1 single excellent season.  And by "excellent season", I mean super-star...super-star kick and punt returner.  Wide Receiver?  In his BEST season Tate managed to accumulate the massively game-changing yardage numbers, Of UNDER 500 yards, total receiving yards.  You can beef up this offensive star's game altering ability, with an extra 150 or so offensive yards on some designed running plays for him...THEN you can wrap it ALL in some hollow argument, which concludes with: <insert-huge-number-of /> All-Purpose-Yards.  But it doesn't change the fact that 90% of these "HUGE All-purpose-yards", was Returning punts and Returning Kicks...which he was exceptional at.  But 1 thing he was NOT...Tate was not, lmao- "A certain 1st Round Pick." (i.e. prior to his injury...a MASSIVE Injury, in whic he tore both his ACL and his MCL in an instant).

So now=Rob Gronkowski.  No...not even close.  Gronkowski was a Top 50 player....EVERY-where.  And this means, Gronkowski was in fact, a Top 50 player even AFTER he missed a significant portion of the first part of his Senior season (which he was completely & fully healed at the end of...unlike Brandon Tate).  I remember reading up on his pro day at the time.  Numerous scouts & corresponding sites discussed how Gronkowski looked exceptional.  I even recall the "big knock" on Rob Gronkowski...  What was it?  A: His speed, and potential for YACs (open-field moves).  Guess what...go back & look (I haven't even): I'm willing to bet that you'll find what I already remember- Rob Gronkowski's 40 time (either at his pro day or the combine), was actually BETTER than the #1 Rated TE by many scouts, Jermaine Gresham (something excellent, like a bare 4.6 40).  Remember Gresham?  Couldn't block (didn't even CARE to block), Issues with jobs...yet:  AMAZING potential for YACs with his receiver-like moves...if he caught the ball, and if he didn't have to actually block).  Gronkowski WAS the beter TE...  Hindsight?  I wrote this, 1 day post 2010 Draft (my own thread breaking down the NE players, which I do every year).  You can go find it, I'm now on record that this is what I said.  Gronkowski was far & away the more complete TE (i.e. zero below-average flaws in his far more complete skill-set for the position).

Aaron Hernandez dropped...  Hernandez dropped on scout's & team's big boards, not because Hernandez was "unkown" OR "under-the-radar".  Not 1 bit.  Hernandez dropped, simply b/c he was one of those pass-catching TE 'tweeners.  Dallas Clark type TEs.  And this is something you DO know:  The success & number usage of deploying a 2 TE set-up, is EXTREMELY recent.  2 years.  Just a mere 2 years prior, even IF a team DID deploy one of these pass-catching TEs (and few even did)- They did so in the majority, in it's own right, As simply a single Dallas-Clark type pass-catching TE, who might stay on the line here & there as an added pass-protection, in spread offense set-ups (main result being to keep a Defense just somewhat honest, Even though they know as well as you, That you have a pass-happy Offensive system).  
    Anyway, like I said:  Hernandez's skill was NON-questionable.  It was how one would go about using someone like Aaron Hernandez...Hmm, not as good a blocker as a traditional TE, and not the true sheer various receiving abilities as a standard wideout, so....???  So he fell...but he didn't fall far.  Hernandez's projected draft target selection area was JUST at the beginning of Round #3.

I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that you're wrong.  Hernandez AND Gronkowski, Both were in fact, Draft Day "Values" (that would be the exact opposite of your argument- That these 2 were draft day "Reaches", selected "A Round earlier" than their projected spot warranted it).  Rob Gronkowski WAS the #1 TE...not by all, but by those that live & breathe NFL Draft 365, 24-7.  He was a GOOD value, still available for BB, a full 1/3rd into the 2nd Rd.  Hernandez?  EXCEPTIONAL value in being able to acquire a player, whom even WITH NFL Teams & Scouts, dropping him down the projection boards due to what amounts to his uniquely situated skill-set + physical set-up...Hernandez was a STEAL, still being on the big board, halfway through Round #4.

So I'm sorry here Rusty...  Simply because you yourself, do not follow nor are as absolutely obsessional about The NFL Draft as many of us others are, It does NOT make the selection process a "Total Cr#pshoot."                   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Yah ! ...what he said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux : I am just curious and I am not trying to be smart a$$ here.  When you say that the patriots offense is far  more complex that the Steelers, what are you basing that on?  Then you say Wallace only runs 5 routes but he is only a deep threat. So does he run 5 variations of a deep pattern?  Granted he is not the 0-5yard from the los pass catching machine welker is, but I think we will keep him just the same.
    Posted by steelerjim58[/QUOTE]

Hey Jim!

Good to have you back! Must be Steeler week. Rusty gets a little carried away sometimes, but he is an honest Homer. Maybe he means that the Steeler's Rep has always been run first and often, with Big Ben improvising out of a collapsing pocket to hit receivers on shorter, simpler pass routes.  Should be a good game, hope we win with nobody getting hurt...on either team.  We want your team healthy to deal with the Thugs from Baltimore.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You'll drive yourself crazy with these 20/20 Hindsight (which I'm assuming is what you meant to say in the thread title) opinions. You're much better off focusing on the guys you get right. This happens to every team, every year.

How many teams passed on Aaron Rodgers?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to MIKE WALLACE : 20/20 Vision Sux:
    [QUOTE] One of my buddies is a Steeler fan ( bleh ) and after Pit drafted Wallace he told me BB made a huge mistake taking Brandon Tate over him . I dismissed it as just another one of his bitter Pats-hatin' ramblins.   By the end of that 2009 preseason he was callin Wallace "60minutes" and insisting the guy was going to be a gamebreaker.   I remember countering with "Yah right  , Belichick wouldn't have passed on him for an injured wr if he didn't think his guy was wayyyyy better than Wallace .   In retrospect my buddy was right ....dang it. 30 other teams not named the Patriots passed on Wallace ( and if the 2009 draft was redone today - Wallace would be taken in the top 10 ...maybe top 5 ) so slammin' BB too hard over this pick isnt fair....but there are a couple things that BB at least needs to own up to regarding this particular decision . a)The Pats needed a WR ( and took one ) -so obviously they evaluated Wallace heavily and considering the speedster was still on the board - you have to wonder what they DIDNT see in him. b) The Pats took a flyer on an INJURED Player instead . One they knew would not be able to help them immediately . c) Tate didn't set the world on fire in college - so I have to wonder what the Pats saw in him . I personally wasn't all that impressed with his college highlight reel ( Disclosure - I dont watch Colloge football so Im going by the limited highlights I watched of Tate before he blew out his knee )   I think BB is the best NFL coach of all time , but to be fair - he's not the best drafter , and if he was - it wouldnt be fair to the rest of the NFL .     Bill Belichick: Nobody is going to catch Mike Wallace Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT Getty Images As Patriots coach Bill Belichick prepares for the Steelers on Sunday, he says stopping receiver Mike Wallace is going to be a huge challenge for his defense. “He’s a big-play receiver. He’s really fast,” Belichick said of Wallace. “Nobody is going to catch him, so you have to be careful about how much space he gets when he catches the ball. I think he’s improved a lot from when we played them last year, just as a football player, his patience and route technique.” If Wallace has improved a lot from when the Patriots played him last year, that could be trouble: Last year Wallace had eight catches for 136 yards and two touchdowns against the Patriots. Wallace, who leads the league with six catches of 40 or more yards, is the best deep threat in football. The Providence Journal notes that Belichick could have had Wallace in the 2009 NFL draft but instead chose receiver Brandon Tate , who’s no longer with the Patriots, with the 83rd overall pick. The Steelers took Wallace 84th. It’s fun to think about what kind of passing game the Patriots could have if they added Wallace, but suggesting now that the Patriots should have taken Wallace then sounds like 20/20 hindsight. In any event, Belichick knows his defense has its hands full with Wallace. “He stretches the field, but he can also take a short pass and turn it into a long run, so you have to defend him from the line of scrimmage to the back of the end zone and from sideline to sideline,” Belichick said. “He’s a tough guy to match up on.” Wallace is one of the toughest matchup problems in the NFL.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

It isn't just about Mike Wallace and Brandon Tate - at this point, we have to realize that there is either something about the learning curve of the Patriots' offense or that there's something fundamentally wrong with how the Patriots evaluate receivers.  I tend to favor the latter because you don't see the Patriots' busts going elsewhere and having success.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Nice, young WR, but I also think he is incredibly overrated.   The guy gets a long TD against Arizona and out come the "he's the best" type comments because he plays for Pitt.  Sure, he's clearly better than Tate. Obviously. Tate is disappointing, but I also think the Pats offense is far more complex than Pitt's. There really isn't an offense more demanding than this one. Wallace runs like 5 routes.  He's really only a deep threat, so as fast and dangerous as he is, and there is no question that is the case, you can gameplan for him. He's not freakish like an Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, etc, but he's an ideal speed demon type on the flank. Nice pick by Pitt, but let's not go overboard here.  We could make the same claims when looking at our TEs and their TEs in terms of "we didn't pick the right guy" premises.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Only you would say that a receiver with 730 yards, 5 touchdowns, and an average of 20.3 yards per catch is overrated

Your homerism knows no bounds

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't think Wallace is overated, no way. kid can fly.

Saying Wallace is overated is like saying DeSean Jackson is overated.

Both guys are fast as F*** and are incredible deep threats.

You can say "its all speed" but that simply is not true, you don't see Devin Hester putting up eye popping stats and he is exceptionally fast. Its more then just speed with these guys.

Tate was a bust, Wallace is not. Draft = crap shoot. You win some( Gronk, Hernandez for example. I can only imagine how many coaches/GM's are kicking themselves for missing out on these two studs) and you lose some( Butler, Tate,  Chad Jackson, etc. or in the Steelers case, Limas Sweed, Ricardo Colclough, Bruce Davis among others..)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Just so you guys realize that this happens to other teams, here is a perfect example:

Willie Reid

Reid never found a spot in the logjam at WR, Image Courtesy of daylife.com

After the selection of Santonio Holmes I figured that the Steelers had found not only a capable WR for the future that could be a #2 and possibly a #1 when Hines inevitably retired, but also a guy that could be a weapon as a Punt Returner that was needed after Antwaan Randle El left for Washington.  Thus, the Steelers would no longer be seeking any help at either position in the Draft.  Well I was dead wrong, and in the 3rd Round of The 2006 N.F.L. Draft the Steelers took WR/PR Willie Reid out of Florida State.  Reid’s Draft stock shot up as a specialist after a solid 2005 campaign followed by an outstanding performance by him against Penn State in The Orange Bowl where he returned a punt for a TD.  When the Steelers made the Reid selection I was as dumbfounded then as I still remain to this day.  They should have at least sought a Corner or an Offensive Lineman at that point in the 3rd Round, and there were plenty of players still left on the board.  Jahri Evans and Donald Penn were available Tackles, and even if they still wanted to go WR, Brandon Marshall was there at pick 95.

Anyways, Reid failed to impress both the Cowher and Tomlin coaching staffs during his two year tenure in Pittsburgh at both the WR and PR positions.  In his two seasons, Reid recorded a total of 4 Catches for 54 yards, 7 KR’s for 146 yards, and 1 PR for 11 yards.  That’s it, Reid accumulated less than 225 total yards from 2006-2007 combined.  The Steelers would have been better off taking that 95th pick and flushing it down the toilet.

Sound familiar? A special teams standout and WR, drafted in the 3rd round, a bust. Team missed out on players X, Y and Z... yada yada yada.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts