Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!

The Steelers front office!

Steelers signed WR Antonio Brown to a five-year, $42.5 million extension through 2017.

Brown had $540,000 remaining on his rookie deal, and was slated for restricted free agency in 2013. The extension is a slap in the face of Mike Wallace, against whom the Steelers' standoff now has the potential to get quite ugly. Wallace can forget about a contract extension of his own, and would almost certainly have to play for $2.742 million this season, assuming he ever reports and/or plays for the Steelers. There's bad blood in the water.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!

WOW. The Steelers are Rick James! I would think Wallace sits till week 10 or he is traded. I know a lot of Steeler fans who would rather have Brown. He can do more then one thing! Still, crazy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette confirms the Steelers will not be giving

Bouchette's colleague, Gerry Dulac, essentially said the same thing. The Steelers were already one of the NFL's tightest teams up against the salary cap, and the Brown deal increased his cap cost, if only slightly. Still, the Steelers won't be satisfying Wallace's long-term demands, and he'll have to sign his one-year, $2.742 million tender in order to play football in Pittsburgh. The organization could consider trading him before the season, or keeping him if he caves and franchise-tagging Wallace in 2013.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Getzo you get +1 for a good thread, but a -1 for a CC-like title!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Is this the roundabout equivilant of NE Failing to Reach a long-term deal with Wes Welker after some lengthy, tedious, and trying negotiations  at the bargaining table with NE's FO and Wes and his agent....

-And then after getting angry that Welker's payment demands were just too taxing, NE's Front Office deciding to "spite Wes" and "Teach him a lesson", by granting Matt Slater a 6 year 60 Million Dollar Deal...that Slater really wasn't fussing about nor trully pushing to get anyway?

...It's certainly one way of doing business...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Haha good. Antonio Brown is a better reciever imo. Wallace is a good deep threat but not as effective as Brown on all the other routes. I hate the steelers but they do have a good front office and know this. Which is why they don't want to give Wallace the money he wants.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Wallace is dumb. That could have been his money but his one trick pony azzz wanted more. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!:
    Getzo you get +1 for a good thread, but a -1 for a CC-like title!
    Posted by Quagmire3

Dude that seriously hurts, c'mon CC??????....  think about it though.  The Steelers really told Wallace to sign the tender OR F-off... right?  They straight slapped a bytch. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!:
    The Steelers front office! Steelers signed WR Antonio Brown to a five-year, $42.5 million extension through 2017. Brown had $540,000 remaining on his rookie deal, and was slated for restricted free agency in 2013. The extension is a slap in the face of Mike Wallace, against whom the Steelers' standoff now has the potential to get quite ugly. Wallace can forget about a contract extension of his own, and would almost certainly have to play for $2.742 million this season, assuming he ever reports and/or plays for the Steelers. There's bad blood in the water.
    Posted by Getzo

Signing Brown to an extension was a great move by the Steelers. Mike Wallace's contract demands apparently are absurd. At one time, I mused about the Patriots making a play for Wallace. But, his desire to be paid "Larry Fitzgerald money" nipped that in the bud. What is "Larry Fitzgerald money", you ask?: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6880867/arizona-cardinals-re-sign-larry-fitzgerald-eight-years-120-million

Signing Brown to a long term deal is a clear indication that the Steelers are ready to move on from Wallace, unless he drastically lowers his contract ambitions:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/28/doubts-grow-that-mike-wallace-has-a-future-in-pittsburgh/  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Noone thinks that Antonio Brown garnering 167 Total Receiving yards, and then 1108 Total Receiving yards during his past 2 seasons giving that total pro NFL tenure time, of: 2 years played...And then re-upping him to Over 8 MILLION Dollars a year with a 5 year 42.5 Million dollar contract, Is sorta...idk, "Foolishly Impulsive for No good reason right now?"

That's crazy...NE resigned gronk after he started and played great as a Rookie, and then broke the single-season TE TD record as a 2nd yr pro-bowler...  THAT makes perfect sense...But to needlessly waste cap dollars by cancelling 1/2 of your wideouts Rookie Deal, by grantin' him 8 mil+ for 5 years based on the fact that he managed One 1100 yard really decent season starting opposite Mike Wallace, and having a higher-tiered in overall skill Roethlisburger throwing to you...just seems, idk- Crazy. 

When did The Steelers unearth Al Davis to GM their club?  They're one of the last teams I'd pick to be this pointlessly impulsive and wasteful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......! : Dude that seriously hurts, c'mon CC??????....  think about it though.  The Steelers really told Wallace to sign the tender OR F-off... right?  They straight slapped a bytch. 
    Posted by Getzo

hahaha your right! at least this was a real informative thread. +1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats_fan_2012. Show pats_fan_2012's posts

Agreed. Seems like a desperate move by the Steelers. Brown is good.....but $42Million good?......I don't think so.

Noone thinks that Antonio Brown garnering 167 Total Receiving yards, and then 1108 Total Receiving yards during his past 2 seasons giving that total pro NFL tenure time, of: 2 years played...And then re-upping him to Over 8 MILLION Dollars a year with a 5 year 42.5 Million dollar contract, Is sorta...idk, "Foolishly Impulsive for No good reason right now?" That's crazy...NE resigned gronk after he started and played great as a Rookie, and then broke the single-season TE TD record as a 2nd yr pro-bowler...  THAT makes perfect sense...But to needlessly waste cap dollars by cancelling 1/2 of your wideouts Rookie Deal, by grantin' him 8 mil+ for 5 years based on the fact that he managed One 1100 yard really decent season starting opposite Mike Wallace, and having a higher-tiered in overall skill Roethlisburger throwing to you...just seems, idk- Crazy.  When did The Steelers unearth Al Davis to GM their club?  They're one of the last teams I'd pick to be this pointlessly impulsive and wasteful.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Is this the roundabout equivilant of NE Failing to Reach a long-term deal with Wes Welker after some lengthy, tedious, and trying negotiations  at the bargaining table with NE's FO and Wes and his agent.... -And then after getting angry that Welker's payment demands were just too taxing, NE's Front Office deciding to "spite Wes" and "Teach him a lesson", by granting Matt Slater a 6 year 60 Million Dollar Deal...that Slater really wasn't fussing about nor trully pushing to get anyway? ...It's certainly one way of doing business...
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Laz
    Your tone about Slater's contract sounded so serious I had to look it up. Thankfully, this is what I found:  Slater gets a $2 million signing bonus in his deal, with base salaries of $700,000 (2012), $1.2 million (2013) and $1.2 million (2014). Slater can earn workout bonuses of $100,000 each year of the deal. 

In all, it's a three-year, $5.4 million pact.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......!":
    In Response to Re: Mike Wallace get's slapped in the face by......! : Laz Your tone about Slater's contract sounded so serious I had to look it up. Thankfully, this is what I found:  Slater gets a $2 million signing bonus in his deal, with base salaries of $700,000 (2012), $1.2 million (2013) and $1.2 million (2014). Slater can earn workout bonuses of $100,000 each year of the deal.  In all, it's a three-year, $5.4 million pact.    Posted by NYC
    Initially I thought it was serious also. But I figured he couldn't be wrong that badly...I think.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

they were going to sign brown anyways, so since wallace turned the deal down they offered it to brown instead. Brown was smart enough to see a huge raise as a godo thing.

Sections
Shortcuts