Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up

Wallace talk is heating back up.  Can anyone name a player we could likely draft at 31 which would have a more immediate impact on this team?  I can't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from troyl. Show troyl's posts

Re: Adam Carriker and Mike Wallace to Pats

Carriker signed with Redskins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Faucetman....your story is leaky..lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Ummmm, what? Carriker stayed in Washington. How 'bout a link to the heated up talk regarding Wallace. I'd love to see you get one right.   :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Mike Wallace to Pats

lol link or it doesn't count

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Mike Wallace to Pats:
    [QUOTE]Wallace talk is heating back up.  Can anyone name a player we could likely draft at 31 which would have a more immediate impact on this team?  I can't.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

Tommy Streeter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

It was discussed heavily by the guys on NFL Network.  They are all saying he'd be a great fit and don't be surprised.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Wallace to Pats:
    [QUOTE]It was discussed heavily by the guys on NFL Network.  They are all saying he'd be a great fit and don't be surprised.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

A bunch of talking heads on NFL network saying it would be a good idea is far from Wallace to Pats

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

got my hopes up with the title, I don't like you...lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

PatsEng,

I'm with ya bud. I'd love to have Wallace for our 31st. But yeah, that group over there at the NFL Network has a collective IQ somewhere in the neighborhood of 80.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

C'mon man, change that headline. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Can you name a guy at #31 that would cost as much as this guy? Dumb dumb dumb deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

Babe,

Are you saying you wouldn't trade the 31st for Wallace and ink him to a four or five year deal? Are you in the camp that thinks we need an outside receiver? If so, why not Wallace? You have to pay for production. He's well worth it. Age, production etc. Personally, I'd do it all day. Thoughts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Re: Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up

Okay, I changed the title so it wouldn't be so misleading.  But I think there is a good chance of this.  We have the cash and Wallace would be a better, more impactful player than Lloyd, who is older and isn't usually liked by teammates.  Wallace in this offense with Brady?  Are you kidding?  We could keep Branch as our #3 WR and use the Lloyd money towards Wallace.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I can tell you why it won't happen, because all the talking heads think it should happen.

BB isn't going to give up a 1st AND a top 5 WR contract. Just won't happen, no value there. If he gives up picks it's because the player they get back will sign a contract that present a value compared to other players in the same position and talent level. That's not Wallace

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joel63. Show Joel63's posts

PatsEng,

What? Wallace IS a top five wideout. Under the new CBA you only lose your first round pick. Ours is number 31. Previously it would have cost us both a first and third. That IS value, my friend. And no offense, but none of us know what coach is going to do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up:
    [QUOTE] PatsEng, What? Wallace IS a top five wideout. Under the new CBA you only lose your first round pick. Ours is number 31. Previously it would have cost us both a first and third. That IS value, my friend. And no offense, but none of us know what coach is going to do.
    Posted by Joel63[/QUOTE]

You can't just give up a first and get him. You have to offer him a contract and if he decides to sign then Pit has a chance to match the offer. If they don't then the Pats give up a first in compensation and Wallace signs the contract. Wallace's agent has already stated the Wallace deserves top 3 money so I'm guessing Wallace won't sign for anything less then top 5 money otherwise he might as well take the tag and try FA next year. Hence give up a 1st and a top 5 WR contract

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up : You can't just give up a first and get him. You have to offer him a contract and if he decides to sign then Pit has a chance to match the offer. If they don't then the Pats give up a first in compensation and Wallace signs the contract. Wallace's agent has already stated the Wallace deserves top 3 money so I'm guessing Wallace won't sign for anything less then top 5 money otherwise he might as well take the tag and try FA next year. Hence give up a 1st and a top 5 WR contract
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Good point Eng.  I like Wallace as a player but to give top 3 money along with a 1st is alot.  I think the best bet is to sign Lloyd and another mid tier WR.  Also heard they may go after another TE and move Hernandez to WR officially.  Kevin Boss might be a good fit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Wallace is in no way on earth a "top 5 wideout". Unreal.  He might be somewhere in the top 20 somewhere, but he's not top 5. 

He's as good as Fitzgerald, the two Johnsons, Vincent Jackson, Wes Welker, Greg Jennings, and all the rest who really are better than Mike Wallace? Where does this Mike Wallace overrated rhetoric come from? 

He's not even better than Antonio Brown for crying out loud.  Brown was better as a rookie than Wallace.  They had the same amout of receoptions, but Wallace got in the end zone more.  Wow!  Let's unload a 1st rd pick and the Brinks truck for a speed burner like Al Davis did for Willie Gault. 

I wish two names would disappear right now. Mike Wallace and Gomer Manning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mike Wallace to Pats? talk heating up : Good point Eng.  I like Wallace as a player but to give top 3 money along with a 1st is alot.  I think the best bet is to sign Lloyd and another mid tier WR.  Also heard they may go after another TE and move Hernandez to WR officially.  Kevin Boss might be a good fit.
    Posted by PatsNut5480[/QUOTE]

they better not designate Herny as WR ( lets face it, that is what he was). I have him as a keeper TE ( # 14 pick) on my fantasy team!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

What is top 5 money? would it really skew things.  Wallace is a top 5 guy to be sure  maybe better with TB

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]What is top 5 money? would it really skew things.  Wallace is a top 5 guy to be sure  maybe better with TB
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

top 5 money is about $10mil/yr for 4-5 years with at least half guaranteed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

just saw the VJ deal .. i think the bar has risen.
    Does BB go there and also lose a #1  .. i dont think so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

There is no way on earth Mike Wallace is on Wes Welker's level. No way. Mike Wallace is like a healty version of Kenny Britt or Miles Austin. These guys aren't top 5 in the league.

Jesus.

Mike Wallace is on Andre Johnson's level and changes how people play defense? Really?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]just saw the VJ deal .. i think the bar has risen. Does BB go there and also lose a #1  .. i dont think so.
    Posted by mgraham[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Now you're getting it. I said last summer that the teams with the huge cap space will need to spend a ton to get up to the floor by 2014, which will have an adverse effect in the market. TB was clearly one with tons of space. Denver is another. Just look at the list.

Is this stuff that hard to understand?  This is why a Lloyd or maybe even an older Wayne will be more affordable for us to target.

Sections
Shortcuts