Mile Reiss, a class act

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Mile Reiss, a class act

Reiss is a class act. Even when he is insulted by those two clowns, he responds in a level headed, classy way. GJ Mike. From his column today;

Even though we don't see it the same way on Welker's departure, I want to thank Michael Felger and Tony Massarotti for giving me the forum to defend myself on their Boston-based sports radio show Friday. When someone questions your integrity and says you are in the bag for the team, it can't go unchecked. It was good to air out our differences. I hope most people understand that the idea is to be in the bag for the truth, and that anyone in this position should be talking to well-placed sources at both sides of the negotiating table in hopes of ascertaining as close to an accurate picture of what unfolded as possible. If you enter with an agenda-free goal of being as fair as possible, and convey that, the hope is that it earns the trust of both sides. That's what resulted in these two stories -- 1. how the Patriots & Wes Welker parted ways; and 2. how the business side bit Welker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741146/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-146

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Mile Reiss, a class act

Best Pats reporter in a long, long time.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Reiss is a class act. Even when he is insulted by those two clowns, he responds in a level headed, classy way. GJ Mike. From his column today;

Even though we don't see it the same way on Welker's departure, I want to thank Michael Felger and Tony Massarotti for giving me the forum to defend myself on their Boston-based sports radio show Friday. When someone questions your integrity and says you are in the bag for the team, it can't go unchecked. It was good to air out our differences. I hope most people understand that the idea is to be in the bag for the truth, and that anyone in this position should be talking to well-placed sources at both sides of the negotiating table in hopes of ascertaining as close to an accurate picture of what unfolded as possible. If you enter with an agenda-free goal of being as fair as possible, and convey that, the hope is that it earns the trust of both sides. That's what resulted in these two stories -- 1. how the Patriots & Wes Welker parted ways; and 2. how the business side bit Welker.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741146/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-pats-146

I couldn't agree more. I listened to the entire interview and Mike Reiss did a nice job of trying to explain how the Welker deal went down. Felger kept insinuating that Reiss was in the bag for the team even after Reiss's explanation. Felger thinks everyone should be a dirt bag like him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

The main thing I cant stand about Felger (other than he is a total tool) is that he is a "foreigner" who trys to act like he is Boston born and raised. He is a transplant from Wisonsin. Dont try to tell me how I felt when Bobby Orr scored against the Blues, I watched it I remember how I felt! Dont tell me how I should feel about the Pats, Red Sox or Celtics, I have lived, loved, laughed and cried with them all!! You are not a native New Englander so stop pretending to be one and telling us how we should feel or react!! Go back to your hometown and stay there you tool! (Sorry for the rant!)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I can't stand Felger, or Mazz for that matter -- that nasal twang of his is insufferable.  In any case they're both jerks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

The main thing I cant stand about Felger (other than he is a total tool) is that he is a "foreigner" who trys to act like he is Boston born and raised. He is a transplant from Wisonsin. Dont try to tell me how I felt when Bobby Orr scored against the Blues, I watched it I remember how I felt! Dont tell me how I should feel about the Pats, Red Sox or Celtics, I have lived, loved, laughed and cried with them all!! You are not a native New Englander so stop pretending to be one and telling us how we should feel or react!! Go back to your hometown and stay there you tool! (Sorry for the rant!)

Complete cheese head!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Felger and Mazz are an outright embarrassment.   Reiss handled himself well. I probably would have gone off a bit more if I were him. The long pauses almost gives you the idea Reiss was left speechless at some so the childish and ignorant comments both Felger and Mazz were making.

I almost wish he would have really called out those two hyenas a bit more.

Reiss knows it's not about him, while Felger and Mazz think it's about them. That's the difference between each group.

I don't know how Felger and Mazz get away with going out in public in this town.   And, the morons who call in and agree with them constantly are losers.

That's why they get the good ratings......crazy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Tony "Ferret Face" Massarotti-The Frank Burns of Sportswriters 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I couldnt agree more with the posts. My family and I actually met Reiss one year while on vacation coming back from the Cape. We stop at Pats camp every year on the way back and stay for a couple nights , take in practice ,  look at the team , go to Patriot place . Its a great trip .( better then the Cape imho) with that said Reiss is a class act and gentlemam , took time to speak to everyone in the family , which he didnt have to do . I have no comment on the other two as my parents taught me at a young age if I have nothing nice to say .....dont say it .......have a great rest of the off season Pats fans , chins up and as I tell everyone in ears distance........WE WONT BE BACK CAUSE WE ARENT GOING ANYWHERE!!!!JUST LOVE THE PATS !!!!!ITS MUCH EASIER!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Felger and Mazz are trying to get listeners.  I didn't hear the exchange, but the fact that Reiss went on the show was mission accomplished for the Sports Hub.  They thrive on controversy and controversy = ratings.   

Reiss is fair, objective, and admits when he is wrong.  If most people were like that then the world would be a much better place.  That he has to defend his credentials and work to those two spin masters is beyond ironic.     

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

And who is Felger?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

And who is Felger?

Ted Stryker with a drinking problem

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Felger is ignorant and Mazz is your classic follower.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Felger and Mazz are trying to get listeners.  I didn't hear the exchange, but the fact that Reiss went on the show was mission accomplished for the Sports Hub.  They thrive on controversy and controversy = ratings.   

Reiss is fair, objective, and admits when he is wrong.  If most people were like that then the world would be a much better place.  That he has to defend his credentials and work to those two spin masters is beyond ironic.     

That's is the irony, isn't it?  Reiss had info we didn't have (Welker and his agent were looking for 8 mil per, 3 years) and the two hyenas didn't believe it.

What a joke.

They basically came right out and admitted how jaded they are by covering the Pats through the years, and how their experiences means Reiss's info is bogus.  The arrogance of it.

Reiss deserves a lot more credit than he was given. Felger and Mazz cut him off repeatedly, too.  It was very similar to how they treated Jon Kraft in October of 2011 when they were praisnig Woody Johnson, Tannenbaum and REx Ryan.  Kraft was incredulous and basically said "wait and see what happens to the Jets".

Their problems is the anti-BB bias, which is what their agenda is.  So, they can't see how dumb they look tossing facts and logic out the window. It's embarrassing, really. At some point, you're a professional in what you do, and they just have no responsibllity or accountablity.

They basically just get paid to mouth off recklessly.

The anti-BB bias comes from the fact BB doesn't give the two hyenas and others what they want like other coaches do. So they have to be creative and think about what to say in certain situation the Patriots are have created and it makes it difficult for them because they do not have credible information to base their OPINIONS on. So yes there is a jealousy factor to consider.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric1. Show KyleCleric1's posts

I feel that as lucky as we are to be fans that can enjoy a great Patriots team during this era, we are also very lucky to have some great sports journalists covering the team, Mike Reiss and the group at ESPN Boston and of course Greg Bedard here, who add just as much (if not more) to the positive experience of being a Pats fan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

As A Pats fan north of the border I have never heard a "Felger & Mazz Show".

The only talkshow I get to listen to is the PFW boys whom I can sometimes barely stand but feel forced to listen to given they are the only ones who talk Patriots on a weekly basis that give me some sort of fix.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He does a great job as the Patriots beat writer!  I was wondering what it would be like when he left the Globe, be he has continued to do a great job!  He is very informative in his columns and pieces he writes.  I notices he tweets at all hours of the day.  Very impressed with what he puts out.  Very hardworking!  During the offseason Mike does his weekly Chat almost everyweek!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportstalk. Show sportstalk's posts

I listened to the audio of the exchange, which is available on the main cbs boston sports page.  I commend Mike Reiss for caling those guys out by calling in to the show & defending himself.  I think it's fair to say at this point no one (other than Wes Welker, his agent, & the Pats) knows the real version of the story & how it all exactly played out.  But I agree w/ Mike Reiss in that maybe it is the agent that deserves more of the blame for it all falling apart.  Maybe the agent didn't gauge the market properly & by the time he knew what the real market was for Welker it was too late, the Pats had moved on to DA because they were too far apart.  I certainly could believe a narrative along those lines more so than Felger's cockamamee fantasy about BB & the big bad evil Patriots wanting to abuse & dump on poor little Wes Welker.  As far as Mazz goes, I don't know what happened but ever since he got the full time radio gig he has been insufferable to say the least.  Didn't he use to be good natured???  Anybody who disagrees w/ his version of a story is an idiot....we know Tony, we get it.  Jeez, get over yourself already!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Let's start a Reiss fan club. I agree he is the best person covering any Boston team right now and one of the nicer guys to cover sports in this town over the past 50 years it seems.

Sections
Shortcuts