Miles Austin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Miles Austin

Pure Speculation at this point

Most interesting potential salary-cap casualty in coming days: Cowboys WR Miles Austin. Dallas needs cap space and Austin would provide it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Miles Austin

Don't know if the Pats would even consider him...

But it would hurt Welker's value in the open market...maybe even Amendola's/Hartlines if Austin is suddenly available.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Good player, but has a hard time staying on the field. Would replace Branch nicely, not Welker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with Muzwell, to much trouble staying on the field to be effective as a Welker replacement. Though, I agree Austin on the market helps lower everyone elses prices. From what I hear too this is the first year of a real hard cap (hence the initial blood bath of cuts) so expect prices to drop. I'm just wondering by how much

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

I heard the jets and cowboys were not in cap hell where they don't need to cut important staters. What happened?  Mt hurl and rkarp are telling us it is a slam dunk that quality starters will be replaced with ease and it is a lock that dallas and the jets will meet in the sb next year or beyond!

Further proof that you ruin every thread on boston.com

You mention names and lie. Period - you are a lier. Keep up the good work.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I heard the jets and cowboys were not in cap hell where they don't need to cut important staters. What happened?  Mt hurl and rkarp are telling us it is a slam dunk that quality starters will be replaced with ease and it is a lock that dallas and the jets will meet in the sb next year or beyond!

Now I am a "lier"?  Your reaction is proof you lost the cap debates.  The jets ab d cowboys have been the most hyped and worst built of the .500 paper champion teams of the last five years.  Exposed.

Wanting your football team to spend to the cap is NOT the same as saying they should treat the franchise like Jerry Jones...a guy that gets fined for circumventing the cap. Jones is a guy that has a real problem in Dallas - he is the GM, or pretends to be - and his quarterback is a clown. No one is saying that is good or even normal procedure in the NFL, however spending to the cap when your hall of fame quarterback is 36 is not a bad idea. Going out and getting a big name defensive player, rather than signing guys like Fenene, Ellis and Haynesworh is not dumb, nor is it in anyway similar to what the Cowboys are doing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Whoever is debating Rusty at any given time, whether that is you or someone else needs to take 1/2 the credit for 'ruining' the thread.

Now that we have ignore back no reason to take part in or even wade through parts of threads you don't care for.

Frankly I don't know what most of you would do without Rusty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Whoever is debating Rusty at any given time, whether that is you or someone else needs to take 1/2 the credit for 'ruining' the thread.

Now that we have ignore back no reason to take part in or even wade through parts of threads you don't care for.

Have intelligent football conversation with other fans with out personal attacks? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well the thing is this - when the guy puts your name in 200 posts over the course of two days and tries to smear your name all over the place. it's only natural to want to set the record straight. If he did that to you because you disagreed with him, you might do the same thing. He did it to someone else this week too and until the guy set the record straight, I honestly believed the guy was a jet fan...and he isn't. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'm with Muzwell, to much trouble staying on the field to be effective as a Welker replacement. Though, I agree Austin on the market helps lower everyone elses prices. From what I hear too this is the first year of a real hard cap (hence the initial blood bath of cuts) so expect prices to drop. I'm just wondering by how much

Having seen a few Cowboys games last season, I really like Austin. Seems like he shows up in key spots in games. The one problem is he might benfit from being on the field acroos from Dez Bryant who can draw attention and open up spots on the field. If he is free some team will over value him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

comboys won`t let him go

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Having seen a few Cowboys games last season, I really like Austin. Seems like he shows up in key spots in games. The one problem is he might benfit from being on the field acroos from Dez Bryant who can draw attention and open up spots on the field. If he is free some team will over value him.

I always liked Austin as a number 2. At this stage of his career, would he come here on a friendly deal to play with Brady? Can he play with Lloyd on the other side? Can he play in cold weather? 

Wouoldnt surprise me either if the Boys keep him and restructure. Unless he gets a big offer, I think he likes the life as a Cowboy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Cowboys are supposedly 18 over the cap. So far, cowboys have said they plan on keeping players like Ratliff and Austin.

I think the Romo extension/restructure of this year should help, but they still need to make some cuts. Free is a likely candidate.

I think Austin is somewhat similar to Jennings, except a year younger. Hamstring is a concern.

Even if the Pats dont go after him (if hes released), it should help with the negotiations for lower tiered WRs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Well the thing is this - when the guy puts your name in 200 posts over the course of two days and tries to smear your name all over the place. it's only natural to want to set the record straight. If he did that to you because you disagreed with him, you might do the same thing. He did it to someone else this week too and until the guy set the record straight, I honestly believed the guy was a jet fan...and he isn't. 

Noticed that you are on his hit list.

Wouldn't be too concerned about responding, only to the newest of the newbiest would you need to clear you name...but as you say it is natural to want to.

Trust me, anyone who has read more than 3 threads here knows Rusty's M.O.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

He's only 28, so really he's in his prime. They wouldn't be able to key on him in NE any more than in Dallas, presuming they still have Lloyd and Welker (or Edelman?) and Gronk, etc. Runs better than any of them and he'd be a huge improvement over Branch, they'd actually have to cover him.

That said, it's likely he stays in Dallas.  And if the leaves he'd probably be too pricey for NE, as you said. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

When healthy the kid is good, could be a one here....but still say the pats need to resign WELKER, but I know , I know, most of you out there say no way to resigning the best slot WR in game.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Now I am a "lier"?  Your reaction is proof you lost the cap debates.  The jets ab d cowboys have been the most hyped and worst built of the .500 paper champion teams of the last five years.  Exposed.

Wanting your football team to spend to the cap is NOT the same as saying they should treat the franchise like Jerry Jones...a guy that gets fined for circumventing the cap. Jones is a guy that has a real problem in Dallas - he is the GM, or pretends to be - and his quarterback is a clown. No one is saying that is good or even normal procedure in the NFL, however spending to the cap when your hall of fame quarterback is 36 is not a bad idea. Going out and getting a big name defensive player, rather than signing guys like Fenene, Ellis and Haynesworh is not dumb, nor is it in anyway similar to what the Cowboys are doing.

Bb did not sign haynesworth, liar.  Nor ocho.  His genius drafts, having two picks in each of the first 3 rounds means a 5th for haynesworth is a luxury no other gm had out of a lockout.  How can you seriously be this obtuse?

No, I guess it was worse, he traded for and then paid them. You can't honestly be saying trading for Haynesworth and Ocho are good things, are you? I mean...wow, just wow. This is almost as bad as saying Mallett has more trade value than rg3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Bb did not sign haynesworth, liar.  Nor ocho.  His genius drafts, having two picks in each of the first 3 rounds means a 5th for haynesworth is a luxury no other gm had out of a lockout.  How can you seriously be this obtuse?

No, I guess it was worse, he traded for and then paid them. You can't honestly be saying trading for Haynesworth and Ocho are good things, are you? I mean...wow, just wow. This is almost as bad as saying Mallett has more trade value than rg3.

while ur at it hurl don't forget how bb "rebuilt" ur D on the fly...in 6 years

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I wouldn't worry about your rep.  Folks know who you are just like they know who Rusty is.  Your name isn't smeard in the least.  Let off the gas a little bit and don't get distracted.  You bring good stuff to the board.  The thing is once Rusty gets something in his head he isn't going to let go.  You have to move on with dealing with Rusty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

I wouldn't worry about your rep.  Folks know who you are just like they know who Rusty is.  Your name isn't smeard in the least.  Let off the gas a little bit and don't get distracted.  You bring good stuff to the board.  The thing is once Rusty gets something in his head he isn't going to let go.  You have to move on with dealing with Rusty.

I'll try, thanks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Good player, but has a hard time staying on the field. Would replace Branch nicely, not Welker.

I tend to agree with this. Solid payer, just can't stay on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts