Miles Austin

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Miles Austin

I like Austin but can he stay on the field. If he were to sign, I'd be waiting for that first report in August that he had to sit out due to a tight/sore hammy. Too bad about the injuries too, if he could play a full season he'd put up some numbers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

Austin can't stay healthy.  I'd rather roll the dice with Amendola and the youngsters. 

We have two other WRs who were injured all year (T.J. Moe and Mark Harrison- who I have high hopes for)

I think the Pats' money can be better spent on OL, DL and TE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Very talented, but his hammies...depends on the cost, but he's worth a gamble.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Austin is DONE!  I wanted him here 2 years ago and since then, he has just had MORE injuries. Losing one injury prone guy to get another is a lateral move I dont think will help but thanks for your football input today, deadhead. What you dont think Brady has enough?

Wasnt it you saying how great the weapons were that Brady had?? All the great rookies werent the problem but Brady was,,,,,,remember?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Miles Austin has had so many hamstring problems that he must be juicing. I don't think he can stay on the field for half a season.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

One leg Miles? Pass. I think our WR corps, assuming Boyce can find the field and Dobson can earn Brady's trust, is good enough to win it all with or without Edelman.

Name one "good" WR, besides Harvin, on the Seahawks? Exactly. Ignore the flashing lights, we need to fix the trenches and add a solid SS (Pollard, but keep him out of practice so that he doesn't hurt any of our guys anymore) and we're good to go.

Resign Talib, Siliga, (cut and) resign Wilfork and Kelly.  

Find an OG, C, SS and move TE.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

There will be a lot of interest in Austin but it will be a cautious interest.  It would depend on what kind of a team he wants to be associated with.  All the rookie WRs had some good playing time and I suspect some separation from the three.  The Pats need to stay with the young guys.

I would have to agree though fix the trenches.  That's where it starts.

Work the TE position as well. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Sorry, I dont want an Amendola 2.0.

guy is sickly talented but NEVER was on the field

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I always liked Austin. Understanding the injuries, would he come here on a make good deal? Vet min plus incentive for games played?

Is it too risky to depend on Austin and Amendola? Undeniable talents, but Pats need players who can stay on the field

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sorry, I dont want an Amendola 2.0.

guy is sickly talented but NEVER was on the field

[/QUOTE]

+1.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

looking at the Austin contract, it seems to favor the Cowboys to release him in June. I assume this would lower $$$ that may be available to him in free agency, making signing him more affordable. interesting guy to bring in....MJenkins...AGonzo....DPatten...THolt. Pats do have a history of bringing guys to camp and see what they have left. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I'd rather sign Jane Austin....Miles as durable as Amendola...we saw how that worked out this year...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

ya know, I understand the Amendola frustration. Every time his name is mentioned, it comes with "injury" and "contract". I get it. But the guy did kill it prior to injury. To his credit, he stayed on the field thru injury at maybe 50-75%. Prior to this season, everyone, I mean EVERYONE thought Amendola was better than Edelman and would fill the Wes void. If Amendola can stay healthy, there is no reason to think he still cant.

understand the frustration with injury, but lets not trash the player. he is an unbelievable WR

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ok, so a 1 year prove it deal for cheap, there is no interest whatsoever? Okie dokie.

[/QUOTE]

We don't need more 1 year prove it, bargain basement players on their last legs. We need some high caliber talent, and we have to pay for it like everyone else. Stop building the team through castoffs and value picks and lets get down to business.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I'm not trashing Amendola  ...I do not know him personally...as I'm sure most of us don't know him..

But facts are facts ..he is always injured, and when he was on the field this year he was severely affected by an injury and therefore not much of an asset. Miles Austin is a player who has shown some talent but is also always injured....we need a tall WR to fill in for Gronk until Gronk is ready to play again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not trashing Amendola  ...I do not know him personally...as I'm sure most of us don't know him..

But facts are facts ..he is always injured, and when he was on the field this year he was severely affected by an injury and therefore not much of an asset. Miles Austin is a player who has shown some talent but is also always injured....we need a tall WR to fill in for Gronk until Gronk is ready to play again.

[/QUOTE]

fair enough. but what you think this team needs is hard to find. they invested a 2nd rd draft choice in a tall WR last season. they also brought in a vet WR that is tall last season (Jenkins). What other solutions do you have? Decker? Say goodbye to JE.

Austin is not yet 30 years old (Thompkins will be 26 years old). The past 7 years, Austin has played in 16 games 4 seasons. He is fast, and is 6'2". Pats dont need him to come in as a #1 WR. They can manage his snaps and play him in a 5WR rotation. At the right price, I would like to see him on the field for the Pats

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him, he pretty legit.  10,16,11 that's the number of games he's played in each of the last 3 seasons.  I do like the idea of a 1 yr prove it deal, why not. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Brady2Welker47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather sign Jane Austin....Miles as durable as Amendola...we saw how that worked out this year...

[/QUOTE]

Lol, sad but very true !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Austin lost his speed 3 years ago. Some guys get injured, and come back healed with the same quickness,  others like Austin don't. 

No thanks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Austin lost his speed 3 years ago. Some guys get injured, and come back healed with the same quickness,  others like Austin don't. 

No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

maybe, I have not seen a lot of him in game action other than some Monday nights the past few years. He did play in 16 games last year (2012) however, with 66 rcpts, 943 yards and 14.3 YPC. 6TD's. I believe in 2012 he was the 3rd option for Romo after Witten and Dez.

Look, I am very optimistic on Dobson and Boyce ceilings, not so much Thompkins. But the Pats need more than counting on a 2nd year leap. Guys like Austin should be available for reasonable deals.

Let me ask, before this year (2013), who did you prefer, Austin or Edelman?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

maybe, I have not seen a lot of him in game action other than some Monday nights the past few years. He did play in 16 games last year (2012) however, with 66 rcpts, 943 yards and 14.3 YPC. 6TD's. I believe in 2012 he was the 3rd option for Romo after Witten and Dez.

Look, I am very optimistic on Dobson and Boyce ceilings, not so much Thompkins. But the Pats need more than counting on a 2nd year leap. Guys like Austin should be available for reasonable deals.

Let me ask, before this year (2013), who did you prefer, Austin or Edelman?

[/QUOTE]

Edelman all the way, without looking at the contracts I am sure edelman played at a fraction of the cost, coupled with the fact receivers do better with time in our system unless they are named Moss or Welker who will go down as 2 of the greatest receivers of our generation.

I had Austin on a FF team that year and he became a possession receiver, and that was before another year of injuries. Hey, if we can bring him in at a low cost, low risk contract which is BB's forte I am all for it, but I would think he will get some guaranteed money from a sorry receiver starved team like the jets or something.

25. This post has been removed.