Mira Kraft Foundation $50k donation by Hernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Mira Kraft Foundation $50k donation by Hernandez

I don't mean this in bad taste or anything but I have been thinking about this.

Aaron Hernandez gave the Mira Kraft Foundation a $50k donation when he received his new contract.  I seriously doubt that the Foundation would want a donation by a person who is convicted of murder as I assume there is some type of listing of donors on display within the foundation.  IF Aaron Hernandez is convicted of murder then would the foundation return the money?  Do something else with the money?  Or keep the money?  Any ideas? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Mira Kraft Foundation $50k donation by Hernandez

In response to TFB12's comment:

IF Aaron Hernandez is convicted of murder then would the foundation return the money?  Do something else with the money?  Or keep the money?  Any ideas? 

Dude is up for one, now maybe two murder charges, and another charge for blasting a guy's eye out. I think they probably end up shedding that donation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

They keep it.  It was Kraft's money anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You're right they should give it to a charity so that the blood money will be put to good use..... oh wait a min, hrm

The best thing they can do is use the money properly to help others. Burning it won't do anyone any good

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maybe give it to the family of the victim?  Or put it in a fund to pay for the education of Hernandez's baby? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There are time where Universities turn down donations to build a building or other type of facility because the person donating has questionable character and don't want to have that person's name associated with the University.  I was just thinking the same could be possible here, except the donation had already been received so what would they do at that point?  Possibly nothing, I don't know.  It just had me wondering. 

As I mentioned with large donations like what was made usually there is some type of public recognition displayed within the Foundation.  I assume they wouldn't want any type of association between the Foundation and Hernandez.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

Aaron Hernandez gave the Mira Kraft Foundation a $50k donation when he received his new contract.  I seriously doubt that the Foundation would want a donation by a person who is convicted of murder as I assume there is some type of listing of donors on display within the foundation.  IF Aaron Hernandez is convicted of murder then would the foundation return the money?  Do something else with the money?  Or keep the money?  Any ideas? 

Kraft will use it to buy his new gf some bling. Somehow he will convince himself that Myra would have wanted him to enjoy life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to CommChairman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Kraft will use it to buy his new gf some bling. Somehow he will convince himself that Myra would have wanted him to enjoy life.

[/QUOTE]

Your a jabro.  A tool in normal language.  Your just jealous Kraft built an empire and you probably rent an apartment.  Jealous much?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That money is already in the system.  They certainly aren't likely to take $50,000 out and set it on fire.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Maybe give it to the family of the victim?  Or put it in a fund to pay for the education of Hernandez's baby? 

That would actually be a pretty good idea, prolate0spheroid.  This would disassociate the foundation with Hernandez and put it to a good cause.  I would tend to lean in the direction of giving it to an education fund for his daughter but could easily go along with it being given to the victim's family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

That would actually be a pretty good idea, prolate0spheroid.  This would disassociate the foundation with Hernandez and put it to a good cause.  I would tend to lean in the direction of giving it to an education fund for his daughter but could easily go along with it being given to the victim's family.

[/QUOTE]

The foundation has nothing to do with the the victim's family.  It's not the foundation's fault this happened.  They have their own causes they're behind. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The foundation has nothing to do with the the victim's family.  It's not the foundation's fault this happened.  They have their own causes they're behind. 

I get that, but that's not the point.  The point here is as I stated above, many Organizations, Universities, etc. don't like to be associated with people who have questionable character when it comes to receiving donations of any kind.  Hernandez donated a good chunk of change to the foundation, Hernandez was arrested on murder charges.  I assume this would be one of those cases.  But the problem is the money has already been received.  If you are the Foundation, do you keep the donation or do something else with it to remove the association between Hernandez and the foundation?

Do you think the foundation would take a monetary donation right now if Hernandez offered one?  I don't believe so, so why would they keep one that was already made?  Instead of giving it back to Hernandez, could or should they do something else with the donation... like set up an education fund for his daughter? or something else?

Is this at all a reasonable question or am I making a big deal about nothing here?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

BTW, my apologies for misspelling Myra in the thread title and posts.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I understand that.  The question though is whether the optics of keeping the donation would be good.  Many organizations do return donations from individuals later found to be of dubious character.  If they were to decide that keeping the donation looked bad, they might want to do something else with it (returning it directly to Hernandez doesn't make much sense). Education is one of the foundation's focuses so returning the money by using it to educate Hernandez's daughter (who is in a way an innocent victim too) might be very appropriate.