Missed the game, but who played FS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Missed the game, but who played FS?

On the called back INT that Arrington got in the fourth quarter, it looked like Devin McCourty was playing the FS positon. Was he or was he bumped down to the slot position? I love seeing Molden playing CB though, dude is tall and fast (4.30). 

I thought he did a bang up job when McCourty was out earlier in the year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Missed the game, but who played FS?

MCourty played some FS so did Jones and Ihedigbo

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Our SHUT DOWN corner was at safety while our WIDE RECEIVER was playing bump and run in the slot.....................Hmmmmmm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I thought McCourty took good routes to the ball and was in good position to get errant passes or make sound tackles.  I wouldn't mind seeing this become permanent.  Also, McCourty is a leader in the secondary and you can't lead the entire secondary from one side of the field as a cornerback.  At safety, the aforementioned skills will be capitalized and his leadership will also be more magnified than it would be at cornerback.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I agree, McCourty looked pretty good at safety. He likes to hit people, and can cover a lot of ground. After giving up 21 in the first quarter, the defense looked as good as it has in a long time...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bill's WR David Nelson is 6'5" tall, it was a better match up having the taller Molden on him at the line of scrimmage and having a faster free safety to make clean up tackles behind him and Arrington.  I don't think this move is permanent for McCourty, ideally we'll draft a safety or find one in free agency. Unfortunately our safety play outside of Chung is horrid.

Sections
Shortcuts