MJD to Pats!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jebshe1. Show jebshe1's posts

MJD to Pats!

I think the Pats should go after MJD asap! He is better than Corey Dillon. I heard today the Jets are looking to trade Tebow for him. It would make me sick to my stomach if the Jets or any team got him and the Pats didn't try.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: MJD to Pats!

Lol uh oh, misleading thread title..here come the angry posters Laughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I didn't realize that this guy signed a 30 million dollar extension 4 or 3 years ago. I know he's a little underpaid right now, but my god, the team was good enough to give him an extension. Here all along I thought the guy was making somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1 million a year...no wonder the owner is telling him to screw. I think he has something like 18 million guaranteed in that contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: MJD to Pats!:
    [QUOTE]I didn't realize that this guy signed a 30 million dollar extension 4 or 3 years ago. I know he's a little underpaid right now, but my god, the team was good enough to give him an extension. Here all along I thought the guy was making somewhere in the neighborhood of a 1 million a year...no wonder the owner is telling him to screw. I think he has something like 18 million guaranteed in that contract.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

He and his agents are idiots! If they had half a brain, he would play out this year and then look for a new deal next year when he's in the final year of his contract. He justs wants his money right now with all the backs getting a recent payday.  His agent shouldn't have taken that long term deal if he thought prices would go up.
    Jones Drew could actually have a better year then last because Mularkey is there now and think how he used Michael Turner. Jones Drew is better and can catch as well unlike Turner. This could or could'VE BEEN his best year which could make him even more money

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

no.

MJD wants too much money, the Jags want to much in trade.

It will never happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Do you yell fire at the movies too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In all honesty guys...the chances of him winning a championship at this point in his career and with Jacksonville are terrible, so i don't blame the guy for trying to milk them for all he can. He's had that team on his back for the best part of 5 years, even more so last year! He's been possibly the premier back in the league and been to the playoffs once to be 1 and done at the hands of some dude named Brady! Here in NE no one player is bigger than the team, that can't be said for every team though and MJD is certainly bigger than the Jags (obviously not in stature)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

SQUIRREL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In all honesty guys...the chances of him winning a championship at this point in his career and with Jacksonville are terrible, so i don't blame the guy for trying to milk them for all he can. He's had that team on his back for the best part of 5 years, even more so last year! He's been possibly the premier back in the league and been to the playoffs once to be 1 and done at the hands of some dude named Brady! Here in NE no one player is bigger than the team, that can't be said for every team though and MJD is certainly bigger than the Jags (obviously not in stature)
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]
    I can kind of see your point, although if he's had that team on his back for the better part of five years, then the team should ask for a refund...because they've been bad. I'm not saying he's not a very good running back, I'm just saying that for the most part he's been paid that way as well. Yeah his contract is outside of the top guys right now, but that's to be expected towards the end of an extension. What's he scheduled to make this season? Six million plus? Not too bad. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The guy faced 8 in the box for 16 games last year with zero receiving help, and zero QB help. He still lead the league in rushing with 1,600 yards. That is a sign of a really good RB.

I agree the Pats would never pay that kind of money to a RB, actually the Pats won't pay any RB's. The run game is not important enough to us. We rely on Brady for our offense, hopefully that changes this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The guy faced 8 in the box for 16 games last year with zero receiving help, and zero QB help. He still lead the league in rushing with 1,600 yards. That is a sign of a really good RB. I agree the Pats would never pay that kind of money to a RB, actually the Pats won't pay any RB's. The run game is not important enough to us. We rely on Brady for our offense, hopefully that changes this year.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

+1
    and 
    +1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]The guy faced 8 in the box for 16 games last year with zero receiving help, and zero QB help. He still lead the league in rushing with 1,600 yards. That is a sign of a really good RB. I agree the Pats would never pay that kind of money to a RB, actually the Pats won't pay any RB's. The run game is not important enough to us. We rely on Brady for our offense, hopefully that changes this year.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Oh he's a really good runner, no doubt. He kind of reminds me of a fat fish...just slippery...yet he looks a bit doughy. He's got these little steps to his game that keep tacklers from getting into his legs (that look like trunks by the way). He ran a 4.4 coming into the draft and some of that speed shows in his long runs. He can catch too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]In all honesty guys...the chances of him winning a championship at this point in his career and with Jacksonville are terrible, so i don't blame the guy for trying to milk them for all he can. He's had that team on his back for the best part of 5 years, even more so last year! He's been possibly the premier back in the league and been to the playoffs once to be 1 and done at the hands of some dude named Brady! Here in NE no one player is bigger than the team, that can't be said for every team though and MJD is certainly bigger than the Jags (obviously not in stature)
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

It's not like he is being abused financially under a rookie contract. he is being greedy due to the fact that he is jealous of other top backs getting ridiculous paydays. He doesn't have a leg to stand on, and I hope he sits the season for being a greedy jerk. Play out your contract, and get paid when it's time to resign. The one thing that sickens me about the NFL is both the players AND owners not working out the signed contract. I mean why bother even having contracts, they apparently mean nothing in the NFL. Unfortunately RBs don't win you championships.....just ask Peterson, Forte, Johnson, etc. They are all great, but without a great QB, passing attack, decent defense....you aren't going to the big dance and winning.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

RB is not our primary need this year - OL is. 

IF we can fix our OL then might consider MJD.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]RB is not our primary need this year - OL is.  IF we can fix our OL then might consider MJD.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

vollmer, waters mankins are gonna fix the line.
    mjd doesnt need much of a line and will make the wr's more open.
    seriously doubt hes coming here..just sayin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]Lol uh oh, misleading thread title..here come the angry posters
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts