MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite?

Just heard this, interesting..........I don't think pats bite at all, just curious of other thoughts....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite?

How would they get him? Who/what should and could they trade?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

The Patriots need to keep their draft picks for next year, because they are already missing atleast a couple of picks because of Chad Johnson and Hayneworth. As for players currently on the pre-season roster, I don't know who we could trade.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Do you really want a guy that is all about the money here? He'd be nothing short of a royal pain in the butt, because he'll play a year or two, then pull the same crap all over again.....no thanks!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite?:
    Do you really want a guy that is all about the money here? He'd be nothing short of a royal pain in the butt, because he'll play a year or two, then pull the same crap all over again.....no thanks!!
    Posted by tanbass

I don't think that Jones-Drew is all about money. He realizes that he may have a good two or three years left...and that's it. So...he want to get paid now. I also believe that the guy is tired of losing, and will take less money to play for a winner. 

That said, the Pats should pass on him. Shane Vereen looks like he can play. Besides, the Pats have greater issues. Look for them to use next years' draft to address their OL.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

What ever happened to players honoring their contracts ? This is the case of another selfish player - Pass !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite? :       I don't think that Jones-Drew is all about money. He realizes that he may have a good two or three years left...and that's it. So...he want to get paid now. I also believe that the guy is tired of losing, and will take less money to play for a winner.       That said, the Pats should pass on him. Shane Vereen looks like he can play. Besides, the Pats have greater issues. Look for them to use next years' draft to address their OL.        
    Posted by TexasPat

if they cut him and he wanted to play here for cheap, hell yeah id tae him.
    otherwise maybe a bit of an optimistic picture.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I highly doubt they trade for a running back this late in the process or at anytime for that matter. This guy is going to command some top money as well...our big free agent signing was Fenene...how did that work out? Can't see them dumping cash into much of anything right now unfortunately.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I highly doubt they trade for a running back this late in the process or at anytime for that matter. This guy is going to command some top money as well...our big free agent signing was Fenene...how did that work out? Can't see them dumping cash into much of anything right now unfortunately.
    Posted by mthurl

hern when the window to extend opens up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

HOYER,WOODHEAD,STALLWORTH,+ ONE MORE ,Mallet would be a slam dunk in place of hoyer but He's also showing  early good signs of being groomed for when fingers crossed ,hell freezes over ,haha (brady leaves)????? To much of a long shot at this point though I don't think in positional ways a trade lines up right. In other words what we could give up they already have an vice versa. Not likely, NFL trades are far less common than most sports.  I love what we do have and think it's enough to get to  the S.B.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

HOYER,WOODHEAD,STALLWORTH,+ ONE MORE ,Mallet would be a slam dunk in place of hoyer but He's also showing  early good signs of being groomed for when fingers crossed ,hell freezes over ,haha (brady leaves)????? To much of a long shot at this point though I don't think in positional ways a trade lines up right. In other words what we could give up they already have an vice versa. Not likely, NFL trades are far less common than most sports.  I love what we do have and think it's enough to get to  the S.B.
    Posted by bostonismine

call jacks with the bait. if they take it call casserio :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

we still need an O-line to block for him...

It does not matter how good he is - RB is going nowhere if he is met 5 yards deep in the backfield...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

we still need an O-line to block for him... It does not matter how good he is - RB is going nowhere if he is met 5 yards deep in the backfield...
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

mjd ran for success even though every team new they were running with him every time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

I wonder if MJD would have to pass Rex Ryan's toes physical before the Jesters would consider trading for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Come on guys really?

Right now MJD is a top 5 RB easy. He's very reasonable at 2yrs $9mil left. That means that Jax will be looking for a kings ransom. At minimum a 1st and a starter back in return. That's the starting point right now and I think they'd prefer 2 1sts this late into the pre-season

MJD is holding out FOR THE MONEY not because he wants to go to a winning team. He's come out and said he wants to be paid as a top RB in the league. Given the crazy RB contracts out this past off-season can you really blame him?

Does anyone actually believe BB would give up a 1st plus either another 1st or a starter and give MJD a top 3 RB contract?

As for wanting to come to a team to win well you typically only see that if the contract offers are close or if it's a vet on 1-2 year deals and can't get a top end deal. MJD is nether of those since he's looking for a top 3 RB deal and he's still young

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Come on guys really? Right now MJD is a top 5 RB easy. He's very reasonable at 2yrs $9mil left. That means that Jax will be looking for a kings ransom. At minimum a 1st and a starter back in return. That's the starting point right now and I think they'd prefer 2 1sts this late into the pre-season MJD is holding out FOR THE MONEY not because he wants to go to a winning team. He's come out and said he wants to be paid as a top RB in the league. Given the crazy RB contracts out this past off-season can you really blame him? Does anyone actually believe BB would give up a 1st plus either another 1st or a starter and give MJD a top 3 RB contract? As for wanting to come to a team to win well you typically only see that if the contract offers are close or if it's a vet on 1-2 year deals and can't get a top end deal. MJD is nether of those since he's looking for a top 3 RB deal and he's still young
    Posted by PatsEng

'Young' has a different meaning for RB's.
    Don't running backs typically show decline at age 30 or 10K yards whatever comes first?

He is 27 with almost 7K yards. Not nearly the Pats version of Fred Taylor yet..but that decline will happen unannounced one of these years...I'd give him a 3 year deal but not 4 or 5 which would probably look for.

So I agree BB won't go for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite? : 'Young' has a different meaning for RB's. Don't running backs typically show decline at age 30 or 10K yards whatever comes first? He is 27 with almost 7K yards. Not nearly the Pats version of Fred Taylor yet..but that decline will happen unannounced one of these years...I'd give him a 3 year deal but not 4 or 5 which would probably look for. So I agree BB won't go for it.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

For some reason I thought he was 25 but you're right 27 does make a difference. Still though he's been quoted as looking for $8-9mil a year. Would you give him a deal for $24-27 over a 3 year deal? That's a ton of money for a RB when you are primarily a passing team with a RB by committee style

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite? : For some reason I thought he was 25 but you're right 27 does make a difference. Still though he's been quoted as looking for $8-9mil a year. Would you give him a deal for $24-27 over a 3 year deal? That's a ton of money for a RB when you are primarily a passing team with a RB by committee style
    Posted by PatsEng

You are right.
    Too much risk putting that into one player.

I am looking forward to Demps and Hernandez lining up at RB and catching the pitch out or flair pass anyway and defenses not being able to get into one pattern of play from  Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead cycling in and out plus maybe a FB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: MJD wants a trade now! Do Pats bite? : mjd ran for success even though every team new they were running with him every time
    Posted by bredbru

Agreed MJD is an excellent RB, but he needs room to run - even a little bit.

With the way our OL has played the last 2 games, he will get hit as soon as, if not before, he gets the ball !! 

I'd rather spend $, picks etc. to beef that up...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

This is what really makes me mad at greedy players

They whine and complain about getting a 1 yr deal or tagged, because they want the long term security, getting paid, my career is short, i have to think for the future, what if i get hurt, my family has to eat. blah blah, blah.

So the team says ok, we understand that. here is your long term contract you have been holding out to get.  3-5yr deal for such and such amount.

2 F'n yrs later the same play who was b&tchn about getting a long contract now sees how the other players salaries have gone up, now he wants more too. I was the best player, my stats went up, whatever.  Well TOO BAD! you got what you wanted, now live with it, until the contract runs out, or sit at home and watch.

Sick of players wanting it both ways. I love what that owner said, "the train is leaving, run get on" either that, or dont play. I wouldnt renogotiate squat!
    Players ALWAYS want more when they have a good season. What about when they have a terrible one ( chis Johnson )  The team should have said, you owe us some money! (not really, just making a point).  

Simple choice,   Go year to year to keep up with salaries if you think you are that good and risk injury.  OR   Sign long term deal knowing you will be highest paid player at your position for the 1st year or two, then other players salaries are going to go up, and you may not be the highest paid anymore. Either way, be a man and live up to your end of the deal. Finish your contract, then you can do whatever the hell you want.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

I'd rather spend the money on a big C who could turn our current RB's into MJD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I still stand by my first response and say I think he is only worried about $$. He's holding out for more money because he sees others getting it. Pure jerk move in my opinion.

And the main reason we don't need this guy is that we have two young backs that both are showing huge potential in Ridley & Vereen.....and they won't cost us half what this knucklehead wants. I really hope he sits out due to being greedy. Hats off to the owners in Jacksonville for not bending down for this idiot.

If we are going to spend any money....go find a solid big ugly for the OL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I still stand by my first response and say I think he is only worried about $$. He's holding out for more money because he sees others getting it. Pure jerk move in my opinion. And the main reason we don't need this guy is that we have two young backs that both are showing huge potential in Ridley & Vereen.....and they won't cost us half what this knucklehead wants. I really hope he sits out due to being greedy. Hats off to the owners in Jacksonville for not bending down for this idiot. If we are going to spend any money....go find a solid big ugly for the OL.
    Posted by tanbass

Exactly ! What ever happened to players playing for the name on the front of the jersey rather than the one on the back?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

At what point to people start drooling over every single player that comes avalible? You bring in MJD and he's going to want to be the #1 back. What does that do for Vereen and Ridley?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

1:  He is attempting to renegotiate a contract he still has TWO YEARS on.  

2: He runs his mouth CONSTANTLY

3: He is all over the radio with his "fantasy" picks all year long, and is continually seeing out tv and radio spots for himself.

In short, he is everything WE HATE about the Jests.  Why would we want him?  

Sections
Shortcuts