MNF announcers - esp. Gruden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sammykd. Show Sammykd's posts

MNF announcers - esp. Gruden

Are such TOOLS!  Gruden's the biggest clown.  They don't bother to hide who they're rooting for.  Watching this SD-Denver game, they are disgustingly in the tank for the Broncos.  Any team from TX, CO, IN or some other hick locale is fine,
    otherwise, they simply don't acknowledge any other team's efforts.

Unprofessional - the quality has really gone down the toilet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

Re: MNF announcers - esp. Gruden

I disagree.  When LT got those 20 yards on two plays a little before the fumble they were talking about him getting going.  Take off the bias headphones.  It's not their fault the Chargers offense can't stay on the field and the defense can't get off the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

I think you are a clown. Jaws is a very good announcer. He has all the stats, all the number and does all his research. He is very professional. Gruden on the other hand, I might remind you is still learning how to do this, is great in a very different way. He is not a clown like Kornheiser was last year. He brings an edge and doesn't really hold back. He says what he thinks, and that is better coming from a smart SB winning coach than a talking head like Kornheiser. If Gruden is talking about how good the Broncos are its because they are pretty good. If he is not talking about the Chargers its because they are not so good. Grude calls out the referees on all the bad calls they make which I love as well. I finally thought they got it right by canning the comedians in the booth and putting a guy like Gruden in there. Ultimately you will get your wish because chances are he will be coaching again somewhere next year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Howard Cosell was The Master and there will never be another like him. Frank Gifford and Don Meredith were also masters in this craft. There just are not any masters any more; only vapid mediocrities.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

In Response to Re: MNF announcers - esp. Gruden:
    [QUOTE]I think you are a clown. Jaws is a very good announcer. He has all the stats, all the number and does all his research. He is very professional. Gruden on the other hand, I might remind you is still learning how to do this, is great in a very different way. He is not a clown like Kornheiser was last year. He brings an edge and doesn't really hold back. He says what he thinks, and that is better coming from a smart SB winning coach than a talking head like Kornheiser. If Gruden is talking about how good the Broncos are its because they are pretty good. If he is not talking about the Chargers its because they are not so good. Grude calls out the referees on all the bad calls they make which I love as well. I finally thought they got it right by canning the comedians in the booth and putting a guy like Gruden in there. Ultimately you will get your wish because chances are he will be coaching again somewhere next year.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

You think hes a clown do you? Well then, Your a Schlub and a Jerk! Just shows how much of an idiot you are and what you know Jaws is a freaken joke, period! He is the Consummate Stooge. You Goof, they read off teleprompters and are given info through the ear phones, the info is given to them by researchers in the trucks, get a life. He has about as much personality as a wet rag. That whole crew on Monday night S ucks the big one.  Out of the very lips of Howard Cosell, they are Inane Drones! now go look it up skippy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Who was the clown that referred to "Mike" Orton, Gruden or Jaws?  Sound alike to me. 

Those name gaffs are happening every darned week with these guy. But with the starting QB on an undefeated team, who was also part of THE blockbuster trade of the past three years? 

Hackneyed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, think about this....

It took OT for the Broncos to beat the Pats at home with Brady having one of his worst outings of the season.  Look how they are handling the Chargers on the road tonite.  What does that say about the Pats? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Chris Light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Todd Light.

Announcers are fickle. They ride the hot hand. If SD comes back in this game, Phillip Rivers will be the greatest QB since Unitas in their eyes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: MNF announcers - esp. Gruden:
    [QUOTE]Todd Light. Announcers are fickle. They ride the hot hand. If SD comes back in this game, Phillip Rivers will be the greatest QB since Unitas in their eyes.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

You mean, "Todd Light...Todd Light...Todd Light...Todd Light...Todd Light...Todd Light..."  Only talking about a guy who has been in the league about 10 years, protecting the best QB of the era, on the team of the decade, and Gruden can't get his name right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I rarely watch Monday Night Football -- and didn't see it tonight -- but you do not have to be a trained journalist to know that the FIRST thing you do -- the single MOST IMPORTANT THING -- is to get the name right.

You can give Gruden a pass for learning on the fly as far as when to make his point and when to cede the microphone -- but getting names wrong over and over again is simply not acceptable . . .   and not excusable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

this crew is the worst in sports on national TV.

jaws is the only guy who can make football nerdy. hate his analysis of petty plays and excitement over blocking. 
    Tirico is play by play so hes watever
    Gruden is terrible.  he doesnt add anything remotely entertaining.

awful trio and i hope gruden gets a coaching job soon so we dont have him on the MNF crew.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

These three are not biased, and they know their football (Gruden and Jaws anyway), but they are gutless and don't ruffle feathers, and with that shill Tirico leading the charge it's a pretty sackless broadcasting team. Give me someone with a sack and with the guts to call some people out from time to time. I don't need someone telling me the left tackle went unblocked all the time. Although there are few great teams on TV right now, offhand I can't think of a worse one than these guys. They are smooth and professional, yes - like smooth jazz. Give me a nasty guitar riff over these stiffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I can't stand Gruden!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mixtapes11. Show mixtapes11's posts

Gruden is one of the best announcers who coached, what are u talking about ? Gruden is the only reason MNF is exciting .. the comment he made about the Chargers WRs being tall "these guys are monsters, they can eat the lunch off my head" .. amazing love Gruden

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

They are not rooting for anyone, both those guys are enthusiastic about well executed football. Apparently you were out of the room everytime they started waxing poetic about Rivers and Sproles.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Quote of the night from Jaws "Rivers is the best QB in the league." I can think of atleast 7 that are better lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Replace Gruden with Rodney.  Harrison will call the game like he sees it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to MNF announcers - esp. Gruden:
    [QUOTE]Are such TOOLS!  Gruden's the biggest clown.  They don't bother to hide who they're rooting for.  Watching this SD-Denver game, they are disgustingly in the tank for the Broncos.  Any team from TX, CO, IN or some other hick locale is fine, otherwise, they simply don't acknowledge any other team's efforts. Unprofessional - the quality has really gone down the toilet.
    Posted by Sammykd[/QUOTE] they complimented both teams,and there players.these guys are not gonna cheer for one team.this is why i dont understand why some get upset when they compliment a team,and its players when they are playing the pats.there jobs are to call the game the way they see it.they compliment,and criticize what they see.even the ex pats players that are announcers now,have to call the games the way they see it,and if its our team playing.we may not like there comments.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Gruden is painful.  Jaws is a doofus.  Give me Tirico, Dan Fouts, and LEAVE IT AT THAT.  Or if you must have a coach, give me one that doesnt constantly look like he is squishing back a giant turd.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I'd rather watch the Food Network than listen to football broadcasters. They're all clueless, overpaid idiots. And stop calling Howard Cosell a "master". Do you mean he was good with the English language? Maybe. But what he said was just as useless and annoying as what's being spoken now by the various illiterate morons of today. At first, it was strange watching games in silence. But you get used to it. It's better for the blood pressure. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

Wow..you guys take announcers way too seriously.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Re: Galloway Cut

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/20/galloway-cut-confirmed/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I seldom notice the MNF announcers. Why? It's Monday night, and I am just trying to thaw out from the first day of my work week in this frigid economy.  Everyone is ice cold, all froze up inside worried about keeping their jobs. Nobodies talking about MNF.  So, by the time MNF rolls around I am just hoping for a distraction, a good game like last week.  

Mind off things. One of the great things about a Patriots is the games are so interestingly played/coached they keep my mind of the the frigid economy.      

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Wow..you guys take announcers way too seriously."

I don't discriminate. I'm now using the mute button when watching CNN. All the real news is scrolling along the bottom of the screen anyway. This way, I don't have to listen to people making religious pronouncements while reporting the news or experts trying to pretend there's a difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Sections
Shortcuts