MNF announcers, what will they say

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

MNF announcers, what will they say

Will Jon Gruden give the Patriots their due, or go with the standard criticisms, weak secondary, give up too many yards, too inexperienced.

He's has thrown some love BB' way so maybe he's thinking that down the road he might get a coordinator spot in NE...NOT. He needs to get his butt out of the booth, he runs his mouth so much I don't know if he's drunk or on meth.

I doubt anyone will verbally trash one team or the other, it's like a Hearns and Hagler matchup. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: MNF announcers, what will they say

Well, I know Gruden will butcher at least two names for the Patriots with one of them being Todd Light. He may call our LB, John Ninkovich, perhaps getting it confused it with John Malkovich.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

worst announcing crew ever. them and the abc nba crew are horrible to listen to.

heres hopping gruden goes to coach the U and espn breaks up this terrible announcer crew.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

they'll say sanchez is the real deal
    they'll say tom brady is playing perfect football and being a leader and show the picture of him yelling at the offense at the steelers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Mike Tirico pi$$ed me off last Monday when said "Patriots fans are familiar with University of Phoenix Stadium this where the Giants ended their perfect season" ....***HOLE

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Tirico is good.  Jaws is sort of  goober who is even more dramatic than Dierdork. Good analyst, sort of annoying delivery with how dramatic his statements.

He sort of reminds me of Mark Jackson on TNT for the NBA as their replaying the last play before they go to commercial.

He makes a basic jump shot from the perimeter sound like Michael Jordan just lept over Manute Bol for a 360 dunk.   Enough with the forced, dramatic sell job on the description of the play. Sheesh.

Gruden is also dramatic. He basically overrates every player and play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

I love my MUTE button!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The current MNF crew isn't bad talent wise, tirico is good at his job, Jaws provides solid analysis and lurves breaking down film which is one of my favorite aspects of the game.  Gruden is honest, it's more his diction and delivery that needs work, I guarantee he'll say "I tell you what, you talk about....." at least 5 times next Monday.  This crew is good enough, especially compared to the old SNF espn crew (paul mcgwire and Theismann Cry).  Actually now that I think about it, they're one of the least biased crews in the media right now, we can't honestly say that any of those 3 harbor a clear anti-pats bias.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I think Gruden likes to hear himself talk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

If you don't like what they're saying just wait a minute and they'll say something totally opposite. I'd mute the TV and stream the radio broadcast but the time difference is too long. I like our radio crew.

I remember laughing my azz off all the time doing this with the Celtics and Johnny Most. Most was so unbelievably biased I'd wonder if he was watching the same game as me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

In Response to Re: MNF announcers, what will they say:
    I love my MUTE button!
    Posted by JoeFoyFan

Amen. WE all do it at some point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

We all know something about the tuck rule is coming. But I'll go with Gruden saying "this" before and "guy" after every players name.   As in    I really like the way THIS Benjarvis Green-Ellis GUY runs.  That sentence could also be finished with the ever so popular ("with the ball in his hands").

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gruden: Mark Sanchez is wicked! 
    Jaws: He's no Peyton Manning. 
    Gruden: No, but no one throws as good a slant, a lob pass to Braylon Edwards or as good a playaction roll out to Dustin Keller as he does. 
    Jaws: He's still not Peyton Manning. 
    Tirico: What about Brady? 
    Gruden: Tom Brady is wicked. 
    Jaws: He's not Peyton Manning. 
    Tirico: But he's still one of the better QBs to ever play the game. 

20 minute rant about how awesome Peyton Manning is and how he's doing it by himself with the injuries from all 3 and then the Pats score. 

Gruden: I'm telling you guys, Tom Brady is wicked. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i bet anyone on here $10 we hear the following

"I call mark sanchez the Joker, because hes good in any hand, hes a wild card"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If you don't like what they're saying just wait a minute and they'll say something totally opposite. I'd mute the TV and stream the radio broadcast but the time difference is too long. I like our radio crew. I remember laughing my azz off all the time doing this with the Celtics and Johnny Most. Most was so unbelievably biased I'd wonder if he was watching the same game as me.
    Posted by Evil2010

Most ruled, though.   Cusick was similar with the Bruins. Two of the best, but yes, incredbile homers.  Most hometown announcers are, though.

Nothing is worse than the White Sox Hawk Harrelson and Darrin Jackson. They have the marketed cornered on homeristic sportscasting.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Gruden: Mark Sanchez is wicked!  Jaws: He's no Peyton Manning.  Gruden: No, but no one throws as good a slant, a lob pass to Braylon Edwards or as good a playaction roll out to Dustin Keller as he does.  Jaws: He's still not Peyton Manning.  Tirico: What about Brady?  Gruden: Tom Brady is wicked.  Jaws: He's not Peyton Manning.  Tirico: But he's still one of the better QBs to ever play the game.  20 minute rant about how awesome Peyton Manning is and how he's doing it by himself with the injuries from all 3 and then the Pats score.  Gruden: I'm telling you guys, Tom Brady is wicked. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

Well done, sir.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got something that closely resembles this on Monday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Nothing will ever beat Madden and Summerall! This crew is horrible (Bill Walton voice)! Jaws is a complete goon and Tirico is basically useless. I find Gruden mildly entertaining but he overdoes it with the "best in the game" remarks. They are better then that pathetic Dennis Miller led crew. It's sad but there are very few good announcers left in the game today. If they ever bust this crew up I would give Simms his shot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Madden and Summerall were good until Madden realized that he could make even more money by becoming a cariacature of himself and turned into an embarassing buffoon.

The current crew works best when Tirico completely disappears and, while the enthusiasm quotient is way off the charts, Jaws and Gruden make up for in actual football acumen what they lack in perspective.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Jaws and Gruden over hype everything because they are kind of socially awkward and trying to fit the ESPN bill ... but there hasn't been a more intellectually deep pair of analysts in a while.... 

Sections
Shortcuts