MNF - Jon Gruden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

MNF - Jon Gruden

Watching the game last night and listening to Jon Gruden, I think he's getting a Bo--r talking about Mark Sanchez.  Every word that comes out of his mouth is all about Mark Sanchez and how great the Jets are.  Did you ever listen to him during the Pats MNF games?  He will tell you anything that is wrong with the Pats and nothing positive.   Chucky, maybe the Michelin man in NY can get you a real job!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: MNF - Jon Gruden

What the hell is a Bo--r?

A Blojob?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEPfan4life. Show NEPfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden:
    [QUOTE]What the hell is a Bo--r? A Blojob?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]

grober Schnitzer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

[QUOTE]What the hell is a Bo--r? A Blojob?
    Posted by PatsFanGermany[/QUOTE]
    bonerrrr bro. yeah i hate hearing gruden speak. it was especially bad last night when mark had 0 TD passes... nothing. he was essentially useless in the second half.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to MNF - Jon Gruden:
    [QUOTE]Watching the game last night and listening to Jon Gruden, I think he's getting a Bo--r talking about Mark Sanchez.  Every word that comes out of his mouth is all about Mark Sanchez and how great the Jets are.  Did you ever listen to him during the Pats MNF games?  He will tell you anything that is wrong with the Pats and nothing positive.   Chucky, maybe the Michelin man in NY can get you a real job!
    Posted by NEPfan4life[/QUOTE]
    No one's ever forgotten the bogus tuck rule and neither has he.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Have to disagree, I've heard Gruden talk up the Patriots a lot. He just concentrates on the team that has the ball at the time. and he criticized the Vikings for a good reason. They couln't control the blitzing and as he pointed out , they had two weeks to figure it out. And Farve was sloppy with the ball. I like listening to him, IMO they are the best announcers of the NFL games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The annoying part was that they refused to discuss the fact that the Jets basically abandoned the run until the last drive. Isn't that what they should have looked at?

Prior to the half with the Jets in the red zone, they called three passes in a torrential downpour. The Jets were basically averaging 5 yd per carry and they didn't try once. I think the Jets coaching staff got full of themselves and wanted to light it up in front of a National audience and all they did was expose some weaknesses. And Mike, Jon and what's his face said nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Every game you watch, the announcers will focus on a player/team and make them sound like they are God's gift to football.  It happens all the time.  Even when the Pats play, you will get that.  You notice it more in this case because of your aversion to anything Jets and it seems they are talking more than usual about them.  You also have a tendancy to ignore other comments, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to MNF - Jon Gruden:
    [QUOTE]Watching the game last night and listening to Jon Gruden, I think he's getting a Bo--r talking about Mark Sanchez.  Every word that comes out of his mouth is all about Mark Sanchez and how great the Jets are.  Did you ever listen to him during the Pats MNF games?  He will tell you anything that is wrong with the Pats and nothing positive.   Chucky, maybe the Michelin man in NY can get you a real job!
    Posted by NEPfan4life[/QUOTE]...and they DIDN'T talk ad nauseum about Randy Moss? Gimme a break. Quit with the "I hate anything Jets" drivel. I can't wait to hear the non-stop blather when the Patriots play. You won't have  a problem with them talking non-stop Tom Brady and the "genious" of BB right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This has been brought up in here before and agcsbill makes a valid point, but Gruden is easily the worst offender. He loves everybody. Every play is the best he's ever seen. Guys he's not sure about have unlimited "potential." I don't know where this whole "Chucky" persona came from. This guy should be selling balloons and ice cream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Gruden is annoying. All he kept doing was saying "Mark Sanchez is so awesome". It finally got to Jaws and he said "Oh please! All he's doing is looking for Asher Allen and picking on him."

That's all Mark Sanchez ever does. Last night he did it to Asher Allen and Lito Sheppard once Cedric Griffith went down. Against the Pats, he picked on Butler, against the Bills he had no one to pick on and only thew for 151 yards. He's so annoying and overrated. His biggest game was against Miami where he posted a season high 256 yards picking on Jason Allen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]Have to disagree, I've heard Gruden talk up the Patriots a lot. He just concentrates on the team that has the ball at the time. and he criticized the Vikings for a good reason. They couln't control the blitzing and as he pointed out , they had two weeks to figure it out. And Farve was sloppy with the ball. I like listening to him, IMO they are the best announcers of the NFL games.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Mike Tirico is the worst announcer in ALL of sports.  Jaws is good at breaking down plays and analysis and should be in the studio doing that, not in the booth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]Gruden is annoying. All he kept doing was saying "Mark Sanchez is so awesome". It finally got to Jaws and he said "Oh please! All he's doing is looking for Asher Allen and picking on him." That's all Mark Sanchez ever does. Last night he did it to Asher Allen and Lito Sheppard once Cedric Griffith went down. Against the Pats, he picked on Butler, against the Bills he had no one to pick on and only thew for 151 yards. He's so annoying and overrated. His biggest game was against Miami where he posted a season high 256 yards picking on Jason Allen. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]...and a QB is not supposed to go to the weak link in the defense and exploit it? Sorry but he may not be as great as the almighty Tom Brady but he is still doing a much better job than any of you haters predicted and it's really getting to you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : I hate Sanchez more than the next guy but you're going to fault him for targeting bad corners? Time for you to go back to the drawing board and actually work on a reason why you think Sanchez suxx.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Not faulting him, just saying that just because you're picking on bad CBs that doesn't make you a good QB. He's a two play QB. Slant routes and throw the ball deep and let Braylon Edwards jump for it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : ...and a QB is not supposed to go to the weak link in the defense and exploit it? Sorry but he may not be as great as the almighty Tom Brady but he is still doing a much better job than any of you haters predicted and it's really getting to you.
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

Haters? What are you, a Jet fan? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : Haters? What are you, a Jet fan? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]...you must not have read any of my other posts. Yes I am a jet fan. Exploiting bad CB's is a bad thing I guess. And you forgot at least one other effective play by Sanchez. He does a great bootleg that opens up medium to big gains. Others have said it. Maybe you should listen. Find another reason to hate him because this one makes no sense

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : ...you must not have read any of my other posts. Yes I am a jet fan. Exploiting bad CB's is a bad thing I guess. And you forgot at least one other effective play by Sanchez. He does a great bootleg that opens up medium to big gains. Others have said it. Maybe you should listen. Find another reason to hate him because this one makes no sense

I hate him because he's a Jet, he's overrated and he's super annoying with his little running around after the team scores a TD. I think he's overrated because he's a, excuse me, 3 play QB that people are ready to anoint the next Peyton Manning. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

The whole crew on MNF is annoying, especially Gruden. I only tolerate them with the Pats play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : I hate him because he's a Jet, he's overrated and he's super annoying with his little running around after the team scores a TD. I think he's overrated because he's a, excuse me, 3 play QB that people are ready to anoint the next Peyton Manning. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]..whatever dude. Live your life consumed by an obsession of another team's QB. And by the way, TB and other QB's are not exactly statues when the team scores so once again, you are singling out 1 player because you hate them when you ignore others behavior. And NO ONE has annointed him the next Manning that I know of. Please provide some back-up for this

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

Listen RIP I get that you are a legit jets fan. No gripes here. Not hating.

Sanchez's performance in the 2nd half MUST have had you worried. There were 2 BAD throws in 3rd and 4th quarters that SHOULD have been INT's. Right? Game changes right there. Pick 6 on one for sure. He had the football Gods with him last night. ahhhhh he got lucky. We all get lucky. Including TB.

But I think that is what most Pats fans on here are trying to say. Not hate the annoying antics of Sanchez, just telling you to tread lightly when you have performances consistantly like that from your QB. If that kid was on my team...I would be nervous. Call it the Cassel Syndrome.

How about your coach throwing to stop the clock at the end and giving the ball back to the Vikings with 1:49 left!!!!!!!!

Then Favre BLOWS the game....not on the INT...BUT on the over throw to Harvin. TOUCHDOWN, GAME OVER. Wait.......oh good throw Favre, thanks. Every Miami and New Eng fan just got SCREWED on that over throw. I am surprised alot more people have not talked about this today.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : ..whatever dude. Live your life consumed by an obsession of another team's QB. And by the way, TB and other QB's are not exactly statues when the team scores so once again, you are singling out 1 player because you hate them when you ignore others behavior. And NO ONE has annointed him the next Manning that I know of. Please provide some back-up for this

JOHN GRUDEN AND THE REST OF TH IDIOTS AT ESPN TALKS ABOUT HIM LIKE HE'S PEYTON MANNING. The amazing part is that just a month ago they were talking about how bad of a QB he is. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]Listen RIP I get that you are a legit jets fan. No gripes here. Not hating. Sanchez's performance in the 2nd half MUST have had you worried. There were 2 BAD throws in 3rd and 4th quarters that SHOULD have been INT's. Right? Game changes right there. Pick 6 on one for sure. He had the football Gods with him last night. ahhhhh he got lucky. We all get lucky. Including TB.   But I think that is what most Pats fans on here are trying to say. Not hate the annoying antics of Sanchez, just telling you to tread lightly when you have performances consistantly like that from your QB. If that kid was on my team...I would be nervous. Call it the Cassel Syndrome. How about your coach throwing to stop the clock at the end and giving the ball back to the Vikings with 1:49 left!!!!!!!! Then Favre BLOWS the game....not on the INT...BUT on the over throw to Harvin. TOUCHDOWN, GAME OVER. Wait.......oh good throw Favre, thanks. Every Miami and New Eng fan just got SCREWED on that over throw. I am surprised alot more people have not talked about this today.
    Posted by MuellerTime19[/QUOTE]..I am by no means completely satisfied with his performances. He does still make me nervous when he goes back in the pocket. I am however much happier this season as he has seemed to grasp the concept of NOT hurting the team as much with so many bad decisions as he did last year. He got lucky for sure. But as you said, they all do and you just have to live with that and learn to try to not repeat that mistake. On my side, you must admit that had his receivers not dropped a number of very catchable balls, the outcome would maybe not have been so questionable

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

I believe some remarks here are slanted because the MNF game involved the dreaded Jets.  In reality, I enjoy listening to Jon Gruden and think he puts an interesting tone on doing color.  I must admit to being a bit bias since I live 80 miles south of Tampa which is still Jon Gruden country...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]The whole crew on MNF is annoying, especially Gruden. I only tolerate them with the Pats play.
    Posted by PatsTxGrl[/QUOTE]

Agreed. They sound like amatuers.  Gruden and Trico are routinely making mistakes, like on player names or penalities.  Jaws lets his team/player biases carry him away.

The three of them (and others at Fox, CBS, NBC) are not brave enough to call out bad or lop-sided officiating.  You could have called the Jets for holding on almost every defensive and offensive play of the game last night,  but you didn't hear that from these three. 

I know the league poo-poos that kind of analysis, but it is getting close to WWF out in the NFL.  Last year, it was for the Saints and Colts.  The year before, for the Steelers and Colts.  This year, for the Colts and the Jets. But to these talking heads, they dear not question the golden goose.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: MNF - Jon Gruden : ..I am by no means completely satisfied with his performances. He does still make me nervous when he goes back in the pocket. I am however much happier this season as he has seemed to grasp the concept of NOT hurting the team as much with so many bad decisions as he did last year. He got lucky for sure. But as you said, they all do and you just have to live with that and learn to try to not repeat that mistake. On my side, you must admit that had his receivers not dropped a number of very catchable balls, the outcome would maybe not have been so questionable

Sanchez doesn't have to be good for you guys to beat most teams. That's actually a positive not a negative because Most QB's will go into the tank if faced with enough pressure. No excuses excepted here for receivers dropping balls though, that's all part of execution and Edwards is known for those. We certainly had to watch Moss drop his share this year and last. 

Sections
Shortcuts